Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 01-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcalaker
I saw an aluminum spur gear adapter somewhere....... any ideas?

Thanks
TOP racing does one and so does king headz, ive had both, and the king headz one is a better fit

ed
Old 01-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you so much
Old 01-07-2011, 02:01 AM
Tech Adept

Amain has/had the King Heads AL spur gear adapter. If you get one don't forget the thread lock for the spur gear bolts. They back out in a hurry if you don't use any on this part. When the screws back out they like to munch your top deck and make a lovely racket so at least you know they're coming out before your spur strips.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spongerX
Amain has/had the King Heads AL spur gear adapter. If you get one don't forget the thread lock for the spur gear bolts. They back out in a hurry if you don't use any on this part. When the screws back out they like to munch your top deck and make a lovely racket so at least you know they're coming out before your spur strips.
I didn't do that with the king headz one and never had a problem.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (94%+)

Originally Posted by SkarTisu
Is the push when you're off the gas, or running steady speed into a corner, or both?

Both if its a sweeper corner i got to lift alot to let the front hook. if its a 90deg i really got to roll thro it. local guy tried to tell me to stay on the gas a lil when in the cornger but eather way its a duumptruck.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs
I didn't do that with the king headz one and never had a problem.
I've had them back out on me twice when I didn't use it. I use Robinson Racing super machined spurs which are really hard compared to the softer stock spurs (Kimbrough type I think?)
Old 01-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tcb22185
Both if its a sweeper corner i got to lift alot to let the front hook. if its a 90deg i really got to roll thro it. local guy tried to tell me to stay on the gas a lil when in the cornger but eather way its a duumptruck.
I've fought with that before on medium to low grip asphalt. It's really frustrating especially when there's an Xray T3 around turning in effortlessly.

I ended up going back to a mostly stock rubber tire setup but ran slightly heavier oil in the front, smaller pistons all round and played with the droop front and rear and use 1 degree of toe out on the front wheels. I don't have my setup book near me for the next few weeks unfortunately but it is possible to overcome this situation with the TC5. I can now turn in harder than the Xray T3 at my track and get on the throttle hard without spinning out or pushing. I'm still getting a lot of front tire wear though so the front tires are still working a lot harder than I'd like them to.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

I've fought with that before on medium to low grip asphalt. It's really frustrating especially when there's an Xray T3 around turning in effortlessly.

I ended up going back to a mostly stock rubber tire setup but ran slightly heavier oil in the front, smaller pistons all round and played with the droop front and rear and use 1 degree of toe out on the front wheels. I don't have my setup book near me for the next few weeks unfortunately but it is possible to overcome this situation with the TC5. I can now turn in harder than the Xray T3 at my track and get on the throttle hard without spinning out or pushing. I'm still getting a lot of front tire wear though so the front tires are still working a lot harder than I'd like them to.
thats one thing i did not know ether im running toe in. soo im going to try toe out. i love thhe car other than that. how does it act with the front diff in it?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If the car was good before the diff rebuild, and the track hasn't changed, I'd look at the diff first. The diff screw is supposed to be backed off about 1/8 turn from full spring compression, if I remember right. Having the diff too tight will induce a push like you're describing. Also, the front of the body isn't dragging on the asphalt when you turn into a corner, is it?
Old 01-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've had them back out on me twice when I didn't use it. I use Robinson Racing super machined spurs which are really hard compared to the softer stock spurs (Kimbrough type I think?)
I've only used with the Kimbrough gears.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SkarTisu
If the car was good before the diff rebuild, and the track hasn't changed, I'd look at the diff first. The diff screw is supposed to be backed off about 1/8 turn from full spring compression, if I remember right. Having the diff too tight will induce a push like you're describing. Also, the front of the body isn't dragging on the asphalt when you turn into a corner, is it?
no bodys not rubbing that i can hear any way. any one know how the car acts with the diff in the front? i have always rand slipper spool or spool up front.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? top speed calculator?

Does any one have a top speed calculator for Rc's?
Old 01-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scgtpman
Does any one have a top speed calculator for Rc's?
Click here and enter your information on the chart to answer your question
Old 01-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks so much thats excatly what i wanted...much appreaciated. can someone please give me some pointers on installing the sway bars? i bought the car as a roller and they were never installed. i put the rear one on and it rocks back and forth not being pinched at all by the black hold downs on the bulkhead. thanks.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by scgtpman
thanks so much thats excatly what i wanted...much appreaciated. can someone please give me some pointers on installing the sway bars? i bought the car as a roller and they were never installed. i put the rear one on and it rocks back and forth not being pinched at all by the black hold downs on the bulkhead. thanks.
Hi!

Check this picture:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...s-img_0536.jpg

There is blue allu link stopper, it need some cuts to fit sway bar, do it by dremel

Regards!
m.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.