Team Associated TC5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 06:07 AM
Tech Adept

Those bulkheads look the business , Are these being sold anywhere?
Old 03-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MoonTrap
Hi Rick,

Does reducing the weight of the layshaft that goes through the pulleys and spur gear hub make that much difference?, i know it will be lighter, but will it be faster?. The reason i ask is, i posed a similar question a few months back about changing the steel cvd's to aluminum or titanium versions to reduce rotational mass, and many said it didnt make a difference, as the mass is close to the axis of rotation, nothing is swinging
I think it will make a small difference. Whther or not it is worth the money is another issue.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Titanium Racing used to make a lightened layshaft. I bought one, but could not ever get it too work properly. It bound up when turning and made the drivetrain tight. I think the factory one is good, but an alloy one might be worth it especially if you tend to overtighten bolts and strip them.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default TC5 with Exotek and Foam Chassis

my ride is up for sale... comes with exotek lower deck, upper deck and bearing holders to lower the center shaft. comes with new foam chassis also (top and lower decks)

you can view here.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...iced-move.html
Old 03-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tsquare
I noticed that Christer uses 6 degree front caster, instead of the more standard 4 degrees - does this help to make steering feel more linear and/or give to car slowing steering repsponse?
Bump
Old 03-14-2010, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

@Tsquare , i noticed with the 6 degree blocks, that it is a little more stable on the straight, whilst giving slightly less corner entry steering, and more mid, exit corner over the 4 degrees.

The Shock tower mounts that Christer uses, has anyone else tried these, and what have you noticed?, i see he also uses the higher hole on the bulkhead i presume for less chassis roll, and the new shock tower mounts enables him to use similar camber height of that when he uses the lower bulkhead holes?
Old 03-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MoonTrap
@Tsquare , i noticed with the 6 degree blocks, that it is a little more stable on the straight, whilst giving slightly less corner entry steering, and more mid, exit corner over the 4 degrees.

The Shock tower mounts that Christer uses, has anyone else tried these, and what have you noticed?, i see he also uses the higher hole on the bulkhead i presume for less chassis roll, and the new shock tower mounts enables him to use similar camber height of that when he uses the lower bulkhead holes?
does anyone know who makes those shock tower mounts
Old 03-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
does anyone know who makes those shock tower mounts
Go to page 805.

Why don't read one page ago ?

m.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Go to page 805.

Why don't read one page ago ?

m.
yeah i guess i should of payed more attention on that
Old 03-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

hey guys im hoping for some help, maybe just point me in the right direction. ive always been an offroad racer but just traded one of my SC trucks for a TC5 to give on road a try. im gonna put my RS Pro in it and have a redline 17.5, 13.5 and 8.5 as motor options. I have NO idea what gearing i should be shooting for, i know it has a 100t 64p spur gear. I would really appreciate any advice you guys would be willing to give me. If its not too much to ask, maybe suggestions as to what FDR with each of the 3 different motor options. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default tc5 spinning out

i have set up my car and i have a problem..it wants to spin out turning right on a few corners...i turned the steering down on that side...i do have one more degree of toe in on that side would that make a difference...and how to you adjust toe in the rear...please help..i am new to the tc scene....3 degrees on left 4 degrees on right
Old 03-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by obi wun
i have set up my car and i have a problem..it wants to spin out turning right on a few corners...i turned the steering down on that side...i do have one more degree of toe in on that side would that make a difference...and how to you adjust toe in the rear...please help..i am new to the tc scene....3 degrees on left 4 degrees on right
You take out the shims in the suspension mount.

Refer to the manual.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by obi wun
i have a feeling your chassis is tweaked so you need to take off the wheels and put the car on a flat surface and loosen all the topdeck screws and push down on the lower chassis so it stays flat and then tighten the top deck screws bac up in a star lie pattern.. as for toe that is adjusted by the shims in between the rear arm mounts and bulkhead. and yes it makes a difference but not enough for the it to cuase the issue your having but they need to be the same. your best bet since you dont know how to adjust the toe i can tell you dont have a manual i would go to www.rc10.com and download a manual for the tc5.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jasons36
hey guys im hoping for some help, maybe just point me in the right direction. ive always been an offroad racer but just traded one of my SC trucks for a TC5 to give on road a try. im gonna put my RS Pro in it and have a redline 17.5, 13.5 and 8.5 as motor options. I have NO idea what gearing i should be shooting for, i know it has a 100t 64p spur gear. I would really appreciate any advice you guys would be willing to give me. If its not too much to ask, maybe suggestions as to what FDR with each of the 3 different motor options. Thanks in advance.
Let me suggest that you read the Tekin forum. The gearing and speed controller options are not only specific to the track and speed controller settings but also to the brand of motor you are using
Old 03-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Front belt what size ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.