Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

So how did it do? Did the shocks hold up? I here that green slime is repackaged SF-3 Grease. Take a look.

Originally Posted by or8ital
Thanks! Taken out for its maiden voyage tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

After getting all the new car gremlins worked out (typical things like screws backing out, etc) it did well. Should be dialed once I get some better tires on there. Had to run some less than ideal tires this week. Shocks were no problem but Im also not using the stock shocks. Im using TRF shocks.

That does look like green slime!
Old 10-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

It is used on the fork seals of motorcycles. So I am going to call some bike shops Monday.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Mr Crum, just to respond for fun ;-)

I just bought an Mi4 as well to replace my TC5. I gotta say, the TC5 has be so very good to me. Honestly I think the TC5 is easier to work on, parts are great (slop is easy to get rid of) and its drove me to expert class in 1 year at my track from starting onroad. Even placed 1rst in a 5 race points series with the TC5 My honest opinion: TC5 is awesome.

I myself like to spice things up with change. As I don't travel to other tracks anymore, I haven't had to find a setup for ages. The change to the Mi4 is mainly to build my setup skills.

Nick making all the Mi4 comments also annoyed me ;-) The best comment I read about kits was this: Don't stress about a faster/better kit until you make consistent runs without one mistake. (and no, Im not QUITE there, but it was a change of kit for fun like I said. SOMETIMES I'll have perfect runs....lets not make me look better than I am...or am not ;-)

My TC5 looked this good till last race.

I found the method to get the blue look doesn't last quite as long as I would have liked. (one race)The blue paint doesnt adhere well between layers of CA. Then again, part of the problem was I lowered ride height .5mm all around and upped my shock oil 5wt from 35wt. There are 2 rather large bumps entering the straight which knocked the rear blue CA/paint off. Ill have to try another method later. Still, nice to have a new look while it was clean!
Old 10-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mr crum
good cant wait for u to get ur mi4 so u will leave this thread
Oh shut up you nonce......
Old 10-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Mr Crum, just to respond for fun ;-)

I just bought an Mi4 as well to replace my TC5. I gotta say, the TC5 has be so very good to me. Honestly I think the TC5 is easier to work on, parts are great (slop is easy to get rid of) and its drove me to expert class in 1 year at my track from starting onroad. Even placed 1rst in a 5 race points series with the TC5 My honest opinion: TC5 is awesome.

I myself like to spice things up with change. As I don't travel to other tracks anymore, I haven't had to find a setup for ages. The change to the Mi4 is mainly to build my setup skills.

Nick making all the Mi4 comments also annoyed me ;-) The best comment I read about kits was this: Don't stress about a faster/better kit until you make consistent runs without one mistake. (and no, Im not QUITE there, but it was a change of kit for fun like I said. SOMETIMES I'll have perfect runs....lets not make me look better than I am...or am not ;-)

My TC5 looked this good till last race.

I found the method to get the blue look doesn't last quite as long as I would have liked. (one race)The blue paint doesnt adhere well between layers of CA. Then again, part of the problem was I lowered ride height .5mm all around and upped my shock oil 5wt from 35wt. There are 2 rather large bumps entering the straight which knocked the rear blue CA/paint off. Ill have to try another method later. Still, nice to have a new look while it was clean!
i know schumacher usa personnaly i even have met robyn on occassion im not bashing schumy just mr priest cause he gets on tc5 thread and talks crap about tc5 and brags about mi4 but u dont even see him on mi4 thread it dont bother me reall just like bustin his ball the limey bastard
Old 10-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nick Priest
Oh shut up you nonce......
nick priest is my hero
Old 10-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

get a room
Old 10-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pakk
get a room
+1 Please
Old 10-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mr crum
i know schumacher usa personnaly i even have met robyn on occassion im not bashing schumy just mr priest cause he gets on tc5 thread and talks crap about tc5 and brags about mi4 but u dont even see him on mi4 thread it dont bother me reall just like bustin his ball the limey bastard
I was under the impression the American Education System was good until I read this, muppet.

Quite clearly you need to return to school and learn to read.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

STOP IT, NOW!

Keep it on topic.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nick Priest
I was under the impression the American Education System was good until I read this, muppet.

Quite clearly you need to return to school and learn to read.
thank you friend i love the compliment have fun with your mi4 buddy cheers you bloke
Old 10-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Low Traction Asphalt Set up

Hello,

Running a pretty low traction, cold, asphalt track. Anyone got a good starting setup for a TC5R?

Tires? Tire Additive? Springs? Shock Oil? Shock Placement? etc...

I'm thinking a lot of has to do with driving style too... I've got a punchy trigger driving style, and the spx on profile 7 is probably not a good place to be. Maybe i gotta be smoother on the acceleration.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

-AJ
Old 10-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Suspended

For stafford (English track) which is very low grip and cold we ran

Setup:

40wt shock oil
hpi silver all round
Rp30 tyres
standard shock positions
1 dot arm mounts all round
6 droop front and rear
lowest diff positions
Silver anti roll bars all round
Mazda speed 6
ITF chassis & top deck
3mm bumpsteer

Tyre additive was this stuff

http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/prod...roducts_id=270

Gave good rear end and plenty of front end
Old 10-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

When ever I have rear traction issues, I go to green springs in the rear and that normally solves it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.