Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
I run the IP 5000 which has the nubs on it. I just shimmed up the battery strap (exotek one) 2mm and its great no need to grind off the nubs
sweet, thanks Mike.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default TC5 update.

Just wonder if AE plan something new for the TC area like a new car or some change on the TC5, any idea?
Old 06-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Maybe a nitro car. AE is not like Xray come out with new car every year. The F&R only been a few months. I doubt we will any new TC5 or TC6 any time soon

Originally Posted by Fabricio
Just wonder if AE plan something new for the TC area like a new car or some change on the TC5, any idea?
Old 06-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if it isnt broke dont fix it
Old 06-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
I run the IP 5000 which has the nubs on it. I just shimmed up the battery strap (exotek one) 2mm and its great no need to grind off the nubs
does anybody have a pic of this exotek chassis i havent been able to find a pic of it anywhere
Old 06-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.exotekracing.com

Originally Posted by mr crum
does anybody have a pic of this exotek chassis i havent been able to find a pic of it anywhere
Old 06-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

How would this version of the TC5 do on carpet with rubber tires ?. I would'nt race all the time . Im just thinking about upgrading from my FTTC4 . Thank you
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ouring-Car-Kit
Old 06-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hippie
How would this version of the TC5 do on carpet with rubber tires ?. I would'nt race all the time . Im just thinking about upgrading from my FTTC4 . Thank you
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ouring-Car-Kit
Should do well. It basically the TC5F minus hard suspension parts and a few other parts.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revo61
Should do well. It basically the TC5F minus hard suspension parts and a few other parts.

Thanks for your repliy . I know they make a tc5r . But it's over a $100.00 bucks more new . Thats why i was asking about this one . Plus all the used tc5r's i've seen are $250.00 or more .
Old 06-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New TC5 Bulkheads

I thought I'd post a few pics and some comments about the new TC5 bulkheads from the UK discussed a few pages back. Received them last Thursday, took about a week to arrive, but can't complain about the $5 shipping charge.

I ran them last Sunday in three heats and a main and I am already very impressed. I estimate that moving the motor closer to center has shifted at least .5oz from the LH side to the center of the chassis. Driving, the car feels more balanced and responsive from side to side and very well centered on the straights. I'll be tweaking my set-up to further to hopefuly take advantage of the bulkhead's improved design.

As noted before, they are being sold on Ebay by greig-76, he' a great guy and answered all of my questions promptly. I paid $68 +$5 shipping. There were a few modifications made during installation, most of which were my personal preferences. PM me if you have any questions or need any specific details.

It would be great to see these in "blue", but I'll leave that up to the guys at AE.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC5-dsc00817.jpg   Team Associated TC5-dsc00819.jpg   Team Associated TC5-dsc00820.jpg   Team Associated TC5-dsc00821.jpg  
Old 06-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Suspended

Good to hear the bulkheads are working well for you!

Greig is a great lad and I get the pleasure of pitting next to him every week

He has mentioned about getting some anodized, if he does, i'll get some pictures and posted them to see what you think!
Old 06-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Default Exotek

Nicely done Mire R this will be my next upgrade for my TC5.

http://www.exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_N...6/29_TC5X.html
Old 06-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Nick Priest
Good to hear the bulkheads are working well for you!

Greig is a great lad and I get the pleasure of pitting next to him every week

He has mentioned about getting some anodized, if he does, i'll get some pictures and posted them to see what you think!
Nick - did you get my PM from about two weeks ago regarding bulkheads ??

Let me know, thanks !!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for your comments and interest guys,

Originally Posted by wyd
Pretty cool looking. What is the availability of the new chassis setup?
Are those parts available now?If yes, where to buy them?
Originally Posted by pakk
Is there a solid eta on this kit? I need to do something about my flying lipos.

--pakk
They will be on sale this Friday at exotekracing.com directly and to dealers. I originally planned on July 1st but am waiting for 1 more hardware size to get in so that I can finish up packaging.

Originally Posted by yodace
dum question.
Does it come has a complete kit,
TC5X CHASSIS, TC5X EXTRA FLEX TOP PLATE, TC5X BATTERY STRAP and TC5 BEARING CAP? Or do just get the chassis....
They will be individually sold and packaged so that you purchase only what you might need.

Pointless.... when you use that chassis and just move the lipo out further to balance it, you still have to add weight everywhere to get it upto the limit.

Lipo plate on the standard chassis is a far superior (and cheaper) way to do it!
If it's pointless then you miss the point of this chassis. I would bet you 95% of racers actually race where there is a weight minimum. Why design a chassis for 5% of the racing market? Here in SoCal, which some consider the mecca of RC (though Japan would argue that), there is not a single track that mandates a weight limit. The only thing racers here care about is a balanced tweak free ride. Adding huge amounts of weight is a big disadvantage so why not move the battery out a little and then add just a fraction of the metal weights to get the balance with lipos?
Note also the empty section between the battery and the space for the electronics- if you are required to run a minimum weight, which I understand a lot of European tracks mandate, there is ample room to attach temporary weights at least until the weight limits come down which will happen and has already happened somewhat in the US for sanctioned races. That's why I call this the 2010 spec chassis

Originally Posted by Redwood
Hopefully not for much longer, I hope that the BRCA will lower the weight limit before next season. I'm no expert but maybe 1400-1450 is a realistic new weight limit. I cannot see any reason to keep the extra weight on the cars.

Regards

Neal
Exactly. Remember when sanctioning bodies would not allow brushed motors or lipos? My how have times changed. Expect lower weight limits as the next big change. It's what the racers want.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
I see Nicks point but not everyone has a min. weight limited or consistenty teched... so not everyone has to add lead to make a min., they just want an easy way to balance it all out... and w/ the pack sicking out & being adjustable, you can put more of the 'required to make a min. weight' more centralized instead of all of it hangin off the side or less 'centralized'.
Yes sir, you are one of the racers I had in mind when designing this chassis

Originally Posted by wyd
I like the new chassis setup. After I run my TC5 the next two weekends and see how it runs with the changes I have made and my lipo tray I have now to try out. If I don't need to spend 100 bucks I won't but at least I know a really nice setup is available as an option.
Thanks sir, keep us in mind.

i wouldn't have thought not having cell holes would make a difference as when you strap a lipo to a normal chassis it stiffens it right up anyway and affects the flex, thats why 6 bell packs are good because they do allow the chassis flex more evenly.
It's not as noticeable with thicker plates like the TC5F but when you are going for a thinner set up with more flex it becomes more apparent. Balance your chassis left and right then set all your shock collars equally. Now lift the front left wheel and then the front right wheel. You should notice that the front left wheel has noticeably more chassis stiffness/ tension then the front right.

Originally Posted by chrisfrom619
Nicely done Mire R this will be my next upgrade for my TC5.

http://www.exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_N...6/29_TC5X.html
Thanks for your support Chris and everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.