Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 06-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark506
Anyone aware of any company's making TC5 chassis for carpet or such? I don't know of any, and that's kinda surprising that BMI of CEFX hasn't step up and made a thinker one considering the popularity of the car. Just a though.
associated makes on it the ft chassis it 2.5mm half mill thicker than the r chassis
Old 06-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Anyone know how long it takes to get a chassis back from AE?
Old 06-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey guys got a quick question: I'm a long time offroad guy that is going to on road and getting a TC5F but see that they have parts marked as hard, could someone explain the difference between regular parts and the ones marked hard (meaning why would I need the hard and not regular).

I'm only planning on (for right now) racing on carpet if that matters
Old 06-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toughtrax
Hey guys got a quick question: I'm a long time offroad guy that is going to on road and getting a TC5F but see that they have parts marked as hard, could someone explain the difference between regular parts and the ones marked hard (meaning why would I need the hard and not regular).

My understanding is that the hard parts makes the car stiffer which is ideal for carpet. The cons to that is that they are more brittle and break easier upon impact. The soft parts are used more for asphalt because you want more flex due to the lower traction of outdoor asphalt racing.

When you buy spare parts for the car, you have the choice of choosing the hard or regular (soft). I personally run the soft because I'm still a pretty novice driver and tend to hit the barriers a lot.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toughtrax

asked the same question to my lhs/track owner and they are smoother and can break easier due to the fact that that they dont flex. they dont wear as easy because you can knock the upper camber link around like i did and stripped the parts out. the hard parts break easier but are smoother. if you're getting into carpet ESPECIALLY foam after breaking one maybe look into the non hard parts.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Josh H. you have PM
Old 06-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Redwood
1. Changing the camber link from inside to outside increases the length of the camber link, which should result in less camber gain when the car is in the corner. The conventional thinking seems to be that a longer link provides more grip, but as for all things RC setup related it will be dependent on a number of other factors, specifically your inner camber link.

2. The main difference is that with a mixture of hub toe and shims, you have smaller angles in the CVD joint, say 1.5* where the driveshaft meets the diff outdrive and a further 1.5* angle in the hub. Whereas if you only have 3* hubs the driveshaft and outdrive connection will be straight and there will be a bigger angle at the hub. So

Question is then whether it is best to spread the angles out between the 2, since it makes sense to me to minimise angles but also makes sense to have thedriveshaft straight into the outdrive.

In the end though for handling they both provide the same toe, so the only difference might be some extra driveline friction.

Regards

Neal
Just ran variations of the two changes noted above over the last two weeks and thought I give some feedback.

1. Changing rear hub camber mount A (inner) to B (outer) - improved rear traction over the length of a run. Very consistant from start to finish of the day, I reccomend you give this a try if your looking for traction with rubber tires on asphalt.

2. Changing from 0 degree to 1 degree rear hubs (while maintaining 3 degree rear toe) - no noticeable difference yet. Car has good top end and rear traction either way, no real difference in temps. I'm going to continue a few more trials and see if I can spot a possible advantage. Anyone else had any experience running different degree rear hubs ??
Old 06-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Turner
Anyone know how long it takes to get a chassis back from AE?
for you turner i hope its never, ha. why dont you go play security guard or something.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I just wanted to thank rick howhart personaly for his support iam back on the ae bandwagon.
weavernator out
Old 06-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

i have to say, my car is DIALED. New setup, correctly following the Josh H. Novak race setup and ran the fastest lap ive seen for our class today. if you're looking for a fast med-high groove carpet setup, that's the one.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by not home
i have to say, my car is DIALED. New setup, correctly following the Josh H. Novak race setup and ran the fastest lap ive seen for our class today. if you're looking for a fast med-high groove carpet setup, that's the one.

Can you post url to pdf ?

Regards,
m.

edit: there it is: http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...rpet-2009-.pdf

Last edited by M.Abramowicz; 06-23-2009 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default TC5 Wins at Muchmore Scottish Grand Prix 17/06/09

TC5 Wins at Muchmore Scottish Grand Prix 17/06/09

url: http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/new...iew=0000001280

and setup pdf: http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/pro...-GP-June09.pdf

:-)

m.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Can you post url to pdf ?

Regards,
m.

edit: there it is: http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...rpet-2009-.pdf
thats close but not it, some of my friends were trying to find this setup on the internet but it is not posted. we could only get the sheet at our track.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by not home
thats close but not it, some of my friends were trying to find this setup on the internet but it is not posted. we could only get the sheet at our track.
Any scan or something?

I ask because with this setup on carpet my tc5 drive badly ...

Regards,
m.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Any scan or something?

I ask because with this setup on carpet my tc5 drive badly ...

Regards,
m.
ill look around and see what i can find

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.