Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 11-03-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys I finished my TC5R this weekend and drove her for the first time.
Talk about steering!!! So I worked with the owner of the track I race at and he showed me some things to work on, but another driver made the comment that the rear of the car is doing all the driving. Now does he mean that I don't have enough weight on the front tires? The weight is balanced side to side what can I do to get the car to drive equally? I know Eric is going to see this and bat me over the back of my head but I figured I would save him this dumb one!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IH8Racing
Talk about steering!!! So I worked with the owner of the track I race at and he showed me some things to work on, but another driver made the comment that the rear of the car is doing all the driving. Now does he mean that I don't have enough weight on the front tires? The weight is balanced side to side what can I do to get the car to drive equally? I know Eric is going to see this and bat me over the back of my head but I figured I would save him this dumb one!
Not at all, I am definately not the sharpest tack in the box and know just enough so that the boards cringe in horror when I put my car on the track
Old 11-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Do you run diff or one-way on carpet?
I always run a one-way for rubber/carpet.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Not at all, I am definately not the sharpest tack in the box and know just enough so that the boards cringe in horror when I put my car on the track
LOL!!! I just forgot to talk to you about it....
Old 11-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Anyone try using Tamiya TRF seals(bladders) on their TC5 shocks? Just did a rebuild and gave them a try and they fit perfect. Much easier to build the shocks using the Tamiya type bladders than the AE bubble...
Old 11-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
I always run a one-way for rubber/carpet.
can you give me some setup advice for a one-way setup. I've only ran a stool. How much different is the setup for each option?

Last edited by quietstorm76; 11-03-2008 at 11:05 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

can you give me some setup advice for a one-way setup. I've only ran a stool. How much different is the setup for each option?
If you are running mod try Hohwarts setup from Vegas on the AE site...

If you are running 13.5 or something spec then try Josh Hohnsteins setup from Vegas...I think he posted it a few pages back on this thread...

Maybe he will see this post soon and chime in with some more info...

I dont run rubber/carpet much so I dont have much info for it...
Old 11-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

I'm sure it's a typeO but it made my day!

I've been racing a tc4ft for 2 two years on the rug at ThunderRC. I don't think I can get it any faster...finally breakin down for a new ride/tc5. subscribed....

Eric, you got any more rollers like what you sold Danny?

Donald.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
I'm sure it's a typeO but it made my day!

I've been racing a tc4ft for 2 two years on the rug at ThunderRC. I don't think I can get it any faster...finally breakin down for a new ride/tc5. subscribed....

Eric, you got any more rollers like what you sold Danny?

Donald.
I should edit that but it's too funny. Soooo have a laugh it's on me guys.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Im posting this for a buddy of mine....

I've reciently bought a TC5 Factory Team electric sedan, very pleased so far...except for the shocks...They Leak like a sive. I've rebuilt them paying very close attention to the instructions and they still leak bad. Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and what they may have done to solve the problem.

Thanks for any help
Old 11-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IH8Racing
What r u running? Diff? Spool? Is it lose going into the corner or coming out? Need a little bit more info to help.

DK
Old 11-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by portyansky
My best guess has to be that they have been built incorrectly. Are you using the rebound foams?...if so take them all out for starters...also take them apart and check for damaged o-rings...if you have a very fast racer in your area running a TC5, take a shock completely apart and let him/her check it out for you and show you how they build them...
Old 11-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
If you are running mod try Hohwarts setup from Vegas on the AE site...

If you are running 13.5 or something spec then try Josh Hohnsteins setup from Vegas...I think he posted it a few pages back on this thread...

Maybe he will see this post soon and chime in with some more info...

I dont run rubber/carpet much so I dont have much info for it...
I agree with pretty much everything I have read so far.

A diff on carpet will be the easiest to drive....as long as its just stock (13.5-17.5)you will only give up a tenth or two.

A spool (stool) is weird...........at times it is easier to drive other times it just doesn't feel smooth.....like the car is fighting itself. I usually use the spool when we don't have very much bite.

A oneway for me feels the smoothest and usually yields the fastest lap times. But a oneway doesn't always match up with everybodys driving style.

As far as setups for carpet. I have been using something close to Joel's setup(a few pages back)

I will get my current setup posted as soon as I can compress it to fit on rc-tech......it is the easiest to drive yet fastest setup I have run in my nine years of racing.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by portyansky
I have seen a shock where the black cartrage that holds the o-ring in does not stay seated all the way down in the shock.

Is it leaking out the bottom or top??
Old 11-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Hey guys finally broke down and decided to get a new car and the TC5R is the one i want for next summer season and i just wanted to know what on the car if anything should i replace or get a ton of spares for? thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.