Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by portyansky
Whats a good starting pinion spur set-up for a short track using a gtb/10.5?
Thanks

edit: running on carpet using rubber. 5000 2cell lipo
Start around 5.4FDR and take it from there...
Old 10-28-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IH8Racing
Hey guys I have a few questions about some of the set-up sheets I've seen.
So I'm still building the car and see that some people are using Losi pistons in the shocks and or Losi oil.
Now are these types of changes making a huge difference or should I start with the box set-up then try those changes on my own to see what happeneds.

Thanks for the help!
Sean
<><
Hi Sean,

What surface will you be running the car in?

Drivers are always trying other brand parts to test on their cars for different reasons....dont worry about that right now. AE has all the parts the TC5 needs to perform great in all conditions.

Some times other manufacturers parts provide specific features and prospective results drivers are looking to get out the car for their specific driving style and that's why they test with different parts. Sometimes they are merely comparing parts and learning more about changes those parts have on the performance of the car...nothing to worry about...focus now on your car and learning what to do to it so it works for you.

Start with the AE parts and set-up from team drivers, and then make changes that complement your skill level and driving style and take it from there...
Old 10-28-2008, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Hi Sean,

What surface will you be running the car in?

Drivers are always trying other brand parts to test on their cars for different reasons....dont worry about that right now. AE has all the parts the TC5 needs to perform great in all conditions.

Some times other manufacturers parts provide specific features and prospective results drivers are looking to get out the car for their specific driving style and that's why they test with different parts. Sometimes they are merely comparing parts and learning more about changes those parts have on the performance of the car...nothing to worry about...focus now on your car and learning what to do to it so it works for you.

Start with the AE parts and set-up from team drivers, and then make changes that complement your skill level and driving style and take it from there...
Mid to High Bite Carpet.

Thanks for the pointers!! I'll keep the Set-ups from AE then try those out for a while then come summer I'll mess around in the "off season".
Old 10-28-2008, 07:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi to all!.

I have a new TC5R and there is no way to assembly diff. or sliper spool option.
I compressed the spring all that I could, but only one or one&1/2 slots of diff bolt enters in the nut and there is no way to tighten it.

Btw, the nut is complety insert in the mount.

Any tip about this??.

Thanks!! /// Mario

P.D: Sorry for my bad english
Old 10-28-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Start around 5.4FDR and take it from there...
Thanks!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
Try moving the battery to the middle. It will just put weight over the rear wheels a little more.
I tried that but it didn't have any effect,thanks for helping though
Old 10-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mario_vk
Hi to all!.

I have a new TC5R and there is no way to assembly diff. or sliper spool option.
I compressed the spring all that I could, but only one or one&1/2 slots of diff bolt enters in the nut and there is no way to tighten it.

Btw, the nut is complety insert in the mount.

Any tip about this??.

Thanks!! /// Mario

P.D: Sorry for my bad english
Several people have had issues with this.

I have heard(not sure if it's true) that Associated is offering a longer screw now.

I could not get mine together, even after leaving the spring compressed in a vise overnight. I ended up ordering two diff rebuild kits and it was funny, they both came with a new spring, one was the same length as the one in the kit, but the other spring was much shorter, I'd say a little over a millimeter... I was able to easily assemble it with that shorter spring. Maybe they are including a shorter spring instead.

Another tip someone gave me is that after you get the nut into the plastic insert, being sure it's deep enough, you can take a file to the flat part of the plastic insert and shave it down a bit so that it's thinner.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Josh H
Do you have weight added to the battery side of the chassis?? You will be about 140 grams light on that side with only 4 cells.
Well, I have the Futaba PCM receiver right in front of the right rear.I made a "nerf bar" type mount for it. After I read your reply I put the car on some X-ray chassis balancers and it's pretty nicely balanced. Any other thoughts? Thanks.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by outlandr91
Well, I have the Futaba PCM receiver right in front of the right rear.I made a "nerf bar" type mount for it. After I read your reply I put the car on some X-ray chassis balancers and it's pretty nicely balanced. Any other thoughts? Thanks.
I guess my next suggestion would be to check the wheel bearings.

Whenever my car has an unexplainable tweek I check tires and then wheel bearings
Old 10-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fiveoboy01
Several people have had issues with this.

I have heard(not sure if it's true) that Associated is offering a longer screw now.

I could not get mine together, even after leaving the spring compressed in a vise overnight. I ended up ordering two diff rebuild kits and it was funny, they both came with a new spring, one was the same length as the one in the kit, but the other spring was much shorter, I'd say a little over a millimeter... I was able to easily assemble it with that shorter spring. Maybe they are including a shorter spring instead.

Another tip someone gave me is that after you get the nut into the plastic insert, being sure it's deep enough, you can take a file to the flat part of the plastic insert and shave it down a bit so that it's thinner.
Exactly!. I'm looking for a longer screw....30mm aprox in M2. in hardware stores. I'm trying to sand the spring and t-nut with dremel......but I can't get enough micro-milimiters

But I think the problem is the spring too much strong.

B.R.
Mario.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You're looking for a 2/56X1". I ended up going to a fasteners store while I was running a Pro 4 and tired of snapping the diff bolt's. The AE ones are the same. The ones from AE in the kit are about 1mm short of that.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Initiate

I tried this Weekend Joel s Setup at the 2 BaWü Cup...:-)
I dit some minore changes on the Steering ...with New Sorrex 28R for 4 runs just perfekt .
with more run s the back starting to by loose.
The only problem is still the Diff...good for 1 run ...it was High grip Carpet..Normali the Diffs will last for 1-3 runns on Lower Grip Carpet

http://www.ps93.ch/setup/asso-tc5_rc..._weisskopf.pdf
Old 10-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
You're looking for a 2/56X1". I ended up going to a fasteners store while I was running a Pro 4 and tired of snapping the diff bolt's. The AE ones are the same. The ones from AE in the kit are about 1mm short of that.
Yes, I ordered 2-56 nuts but I wish to change to metric.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mario_vk
Yes, I ordered 2-56 nuts but I wish to change to metric.
the ft tc4 diff nuts work better on the tc5 diffs than the stocked tc5 diff nut.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Josh H
I guess my next suggestion would be to check the wheel bearings.

Whenever my car has an unexplainable tweek I check tires and then wheel bearings
Good idea, I'll check them when I get home. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.