Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Rick
If its not too much trouble could you send me a copy of your setup sheet also, [email protected] Many thanks
Oli, UK
Old 06-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Rick can you email me your setup from the reedy race.

Or if one of you guys who asked for the setup from rick and got it you can send it to me .

thanks

[email protected]
Old 06-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

what is the JAAD spool where do i find one

i would also like reedy set up email is [email protected]
thanks
Old 06-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by josh short
what is the JAAD spool where do i find one

i would also like reedy set up email is [email protected]
thanks
Unfortunately they dont have a distributor in the US (they make great products). I got mine here:

http://precisionrc.com/nv/car/produc...oduct_id=54280
Old 06-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Rear Shocks

Hey guys wondering if I can get more help, well just finished building my car but one of my rear shocks has a slow leak, I replaced the bladder and the bigger round foam but didn't change the small one that goes on the cap, anyway it's still leaking, any suggestions? Do you think I didn't build the shock correctly mabe the bladder is on crooked is their an easier way of building them?, or is it the cap itself? Thanks in advance!!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys, I normally run the standard chassis and ITF top deck, but I wanted to go back and try the ITF lower. Problem is when I tighten the top deck I get front to back tweak. Like a teeter-totter when on a flat surface. I have narrowed it down to when I tighten the top deck. No matter how hard I push the shock towers down when tightening it still pulls everything in. I have tried 2 top decks and I keep getting the same results. Any one else having the same problem or have even noticed this? I checked all my bulk heads for tweak and went as far as breaking the whole thing down to just chassis, bulkheads and top deck to eliminate other components. I have another chassis coming, but there isnt a lot of wear in this one.

Any one want to check theres out and let me know what you find.
Thanks All!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Are you using the o-rings for the top deck??? I noticed this when I got my lower chassis installed, it was very minimal and did not seem too have this when using the o-rings in the top deck.

Johnny55:
I would try going to the another manufacturer bladder it seems too help seal better. Just my $.02(not saying the factory ones are bad )
Old 06-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by katfish317
Are you using the o-rings for the top deck??? I noticed this when I got my lower chassis installed, it was very minimal and did not seem too have this when using the o-rings in the top deck.

Johnny55:
I would try going to the another manufacturer bladder it seems too help seal better. Just my $.02(not saying the factory ones are bad )
Yeah, its not alot of front to back movement, but its there. I tried the o-rings and it does stay flat with them. Just because the screw head is not going all the way down into the bevel.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

If you use the new washers that they are providing in the TC5R for the top deck you will elminate it on the car. Mine had the same problem and I still ran it. I have since switched my car to the washer setup like the 5R but haven't had a chance to run it yet but the problem went away.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kraig
If you use the new washers that they are providing in the TC5R for the top deck you will elminate it on the car. Mine had the same problem and I still ran it. I have since switched my car to the washer setup like the 5R but haven't had a chance to run it yet but the problem went away.
Yeah, i have some on order. I am sure that will take care of it. Just didnt know if others were having the same problem.

Rick, or any other team drivers... Have you noticed this with your cars and do you just run with it?
Old 06-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Interesting upgrade....

http://www.redrc.net/2008/06/exotek-...-layshaft-set/

Old 06-04-2008, 01:12 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by overflow
Yeah, i have some on order. I am sure that will take care of it. Just didnt know if others were having the same problem.

Rick, or any other team drivers... Have you noticed this with your cars and do you just run with it?
The chassis tweak really depends on the chassis and top decks some are perfect and some require a little adjusting. Check to make sure when you put the top deck on the bulkheads that there is some clearance between the ends of the graphite and the aluminum. It might require you the dremel a little graphite off, I have seen this cause some tweaks. If you get everything bolted together and the chassis is still not flat you might have to manually twist the chassis to help get it flat.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
The chassis tweak really depends on the chassis and top decks some are perfect and some require a little adjusting. Check to make sure when you put the top deck on the bulkheads that there is some clearance between the ends of the graphite and the aluminum. It might require you the dremel a little graphite off, I have seen this cause some tweaks. If you get everything bolted together and the chassis is still not flat you might have to manually twist the chassis to help get it flat.
Thanks Sean, Left to right is fine, its more of a slight bow upwards front to rear. I am going to look at a few more things tonight to see if i can get it to sit flat without the washers. I think i might bevel out the holes for the screws more so when i tighten, it doesnt pull it towerds center.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

From what I have seen it is quite common to have that front to rear banana tweak. I have gone beyond the point of worrying about it.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

do u guys know could bind in the tc5 ? i pretty sure mine isnt but my motor is coming off the track real real hot and i can figure why im running a 6.26 final at a parking lot track and just comes off hot. ive tried everything.

any suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.