Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 08-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just finished my TC5 and I have to say that it is Amazing!!!!!!!!! The build was perfect. Sorry to others who had a hard time building it...

One question.... I'm new to belt but should the rear belt be tighter than the front? I know others have said that the belt tension is tight but still runnable... Will the kit setting work for break-in or should I switch belt tension?

Thanks to the AE team for yet again an awesome car!
Old 08-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

anybody using the oneway yet?

how do you guys like it....when the spool comes out, would you be switching to it or sticking with oneway?

any info will help this rookie out.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pekpekmaster

how do you guys like it....when the spool comes out, would you be switching to it or sticking with oneway?

this is off topic, but im assuming by screenname (pekpekmaster) you're filipino?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCpurplecow
I just finished my TC5 and I have to say that it is Amazing!!!!!!!!! The build was perfect. Sorry to others who had a hard time building it...

One question.... I'm new to belt but should the rear belt be tighter than the front? I know others have said that the belt tension is tight but still runnable... Will the kit setting work for break-in or should I switch belt tension?

Thanks to the AE team for yet again an awesome car!
When you set the belt tension like the extra sheet in the kit (I thought it was a yellow one) the belt tension is good, although the belt is tight, it will stay good even with high power on it, like full accelerating or full braking. So with the kit setting (the updated one) the belt tension is really good usable.

I'm driving a home made spool, and I will ofcourse still be using it. Personally I don't think people will just switch from oneway to spool. When the real spool is out, there is the advantage of just trying both, and use what is better in that situation. I use a 3,5 BL and I don't even concider using the oneway, because I can't brake with it, which will cost me too much time.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hebiki
this is off topic, but im assuming by screenname (pekpekmaster) you're filipino?
yes you are correct pare

pekpek has vitamin C.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rick Thomson
When you set the belt tension like the extra sheet in the kit (I thought it was a yellow one) the belt tension is good, although the belt is tight, it will stay good even with high power on it, like full accelerating or full braking. So with the kit setting (the updated one) the belt tension is really good usable.

I'm driving a home made spool, and I will ofcourse still be using it. Personally I don't think people will just switch from oneway to spool. When the real spool is out, there is the advantage of just trying both, and use what is better in that situation. I use a 3,5 BL and I don't even concider using the oneway, because I can't brake with it, which will cost me too much time.
ahh i see...

yeah i made a home made spool as well. but it finally gave way today at the track. outdrives are toast. i just ordered a oneway because i needed something now to run with. i never tried a oneway. i am running 13.5 brushless btw. we'll see how it goes when it comes in.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:22 AM
Tech Adept

ahh i see...

yeah i made a home made spool as well. but it finally gave way today at the track. outdrives are toast. i just ordered a oneway because i needed something now to run with. i never tried a oneway. i am running 13.5 brushless btw. we'll see how it goes when it comes in.
With 13.5T a oneway is a good option.. In Holland a lot of 19T brushed stock drivers also use a one way... Good Luck with it (y)
Old 08-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

OMG....that was funny. As in Jaime Manzanilla likes the pekpekmaster.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What is the difference between the ITF lower deck and the standard lower deck. On Tower it states that the ITF chassis is 2.5mm thick which is the same as the standard chassis and the cut outs look the same as the standard chassis.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:31 AM
JCB
Tech Addict

Default TC5 Setup...

Hey Guys,

Is there a version of the TC5 setup sheet we can download and modify?? The one I got from associated will allow to edit, but does not save the changes..

thanks in advance,
Old 08-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
OMG....that was funny. As in Jaime Manzanilla likes the pekpekmaster.
The real question is does pekpekmaster like Jaime Manzanilla? Rumor has it that Jaime's breath always smells like patis. LMAO!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JCB
Hey Guys,

Is there a version of the TC5 setup sheet we can download and modify?? The one I got from associated will not allow to to edit.

thanks in advance,
www.gearchart.com
Old 08-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
The real question is does pekpekmaster like Jaime Manzanilla? Rumor has it that Jaime's breath always smells like patis. LMAO!!!
oh wow! this thread is out of control with talks of patis and pekpek. as long as the second one doesnt smell like the first one. then it's all good.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

oh wow! this thread is out of control with talks of patis and pekpek. as long as the second one doesnt smell like the first one. then it's all good.
Well, you definately filled in the "Blank" for me! LMAO!!!!

OUT OF CONTROL!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA
Old 08-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
What is the difference between the ITF lower deck and the standard lower deck. On Tower it states that the ITF chassis is 2.5mm thick which is the same as the standard chassis and the cut outs look the same as the standard chassis.
the ITF chassis is thinner... 2mm i think.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.