Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Juan,

They are mounted on the inside but its a piece of cake to change them out. The bulkheads are designed so that you can get to each screw from 2-3 different angles with a ball end wrench. I thought at first it would be hard but its easy.

EA
Yah....just get a 2mm ball driver and it shouldnt be a problem....
Old 05-31-2007, 09:47 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Juan,

They are mounted on the inside but its a piece of cake to change them out. The bulkheads are designed so that you can get to each screw from 2-3 different angles with a ball end wrench. I thought at first it would be hard but its easy.

EA
Eric,

Thanks for the info man! Really thinking about getting this car. Just signed up for Vegas and would like something fresh Looking to get back into racing. Have you ran this in foam yet? If so how was it?

Hope all is well.

-Juan
Old 05-31-2007, 09:50 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

STARSCREAM,

thanks buddy...
Old 05-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JCB
Eric,

Thanks for the info man! Really thinking about getting this car. Just signed up for Vegas and would like something fresh Looking to get back into racing. Have you ran this in foam yet? If so how was it?

Hope all is well.

-Juan
I ran the prototype on carpet a few times and it was very good. This car generates a lot of rear traction so its pretty easy to drive. I think with the production car it will be even better on carpet. There were some small changes from the last prototype car to the production car that improved it. Look at the lap times from the snowbirds...Juho was one of the fastest cars there but just made some mistakes and some bad luck.

EA
Old 05-31-2007, 09:59 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

Eric,

Sounds great... should have one soon

thanks,
Old 05-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCpurplecow
What would you guys suggest running for stock high grip asphalt... spool or oneway?

the tc5 is gonna be one kick ass car!
I would say that it mostly depends on your track layout. So Cal Raceway was pretty high grip and usually the one-way was faster, but if there were heavy braking areas or lots of 180's the spool was faster.

We are hoping to get spools and one-ways in stock within 2 weeks (yea...yea, I know, 2 weeks).
Old 05-31-2007, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nemix
OK i'm a noob to onroad. Will i muck up my tc5 if i race it on asphalt out of the box?
Short answer, no. From a box stock TC5, the best investments you can make for asphalt racing are:
Gold Springs #3944 x 1
Blue Springs #3943 x 1
Silver Springs #3942 x 1
O-rings #5407 x 1
8 Washers #7336 x 2
M3x6 BHCS #31531 x 2

Start with this setup:
http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/setup/r...yrace_2007.pdf

With the stock chassis, running the o-rings on the top deck should provide more than enough flex to generate the proper traction on asphalt. However, the car may tweak a bit easier due to the lack of fixed top deck attachments. There are photos around the sites of how to install the o-rings.

Just ask if you have questions. Have fun!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kufman
I finished the car last night and took it for a test drive. It drives pretty nice, but I think I need to find a shorter servo horn. I had to turn my steering down to 50% to keep it from going to full lock in both directions. If i use a shorter servo horn I will be able to use more of the servos travel and get some of the torque back.
Please don't change the servo horn. The steering geometry has been maximized for the included standard Associated servo horns. Just because your EPAs are ~50% doesn't mean you are getting any less steering throw or torque. Just set your endpoints so the spindle bottoms out on the caster block with your dual rate set at 100%. Then back down your dual rate to about 95%. I also run about -10% expo on the steering to take some twitch out of the car...it also helps you to go in a straight line easier with a spool.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Can someone from AE post Timmy Heisers setup from the novak race and his setup from the carpet nats? Both races the car had good A Main showings.
We have uploaded some setups from the Reedy Race and I have some more from the carpet races that we will be uploading either Friday or early next week. Sorry for the delay.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Brent,

i am TeamDriver for Thunder Tiger in Germany, can u please send me some pictures, how i can install the O-Rings perfect?

U have a Idea how can make a Spool with the Front Diff, use SandPaper or a good glue :-)

Thanks for answering,
Marcel
Old 06-01-2007, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by 51
We have uploaded some setups from the Reedy Race and I have some more from the carpet races that we will be uploading either Friday or early next week. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks for the info..... Its good to have the involved with the car answering questions.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Just a quick question regarding spare parts... rear arms and front arms listed at tower are like $6.99 is that for 1 arm ? gonna order some extra spares and wanted to know how many to order. Also caster blocks and rear hubs... are they sold in pairs or as a single piece.

Also there has been talk about pistons for the shocks do the standard ae shock pistons from like the tc3/4 work?

Last edited by wallstreet; 06-01-2007 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JCB
Eric,

Sounds great... should have one soon

thanks,
Juan,

Let me know when you get the car. I just got mine and will be putting it together over the weekend.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 06-01-2007, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default question on shocks

I received my TC5 from Tower Hobbies Reno location yesterday. I spent 6 hours builing last night and I have some questions about the shocks. I will use this car on carpet with foam tires. I used both the large and small blue foam pieces above the shock diaphram as the kit instructions called for. This gave me a LOT of rebound, more that I have ever seen with any shock before. When I look at Juho's set up sheet on the Associated site it indicates that he did not use rebound foam. It also says 25% rebound. Since there are no foam tire set ups on the Associated site I am asking for help.

So here are my questions:
1. Does 25% rebound mean that the shock rebounds 25% of the travel?
2. Should I use rebound foam for foam tire carpet application?
3. What effect does rebound have anyway? I would think it is just like adding spring rate.

Thanks for your help.

Big Bad Bob
Old 06-01-2007, 07:00 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Just a quick question regarding spare parts... rear arms and front arms listed at tower are like $6.99 is that for 1 arm ? gonna order some extra spares and wanted to know how many to order. Also caster blocks and rear hubs... are they sold in pairs or as a single piece.

Also there has been talk about pistons for the shocks do the standard ae shock pistons from like the tc3/4 work?
Thats for 2 arms. Caster blocks and hubs are in pairs as well.

You can use pistons from the TC3/4. Thats what all the team guys were using at the Reedy race.....#2's.

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.