Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada >

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah! I was up at about 5am this morning. Jumped out of bed wide awake for some reason, so I figured I'd jump on the forums and get caught up. Been really busy lately, so I feel like I've been neglectful!

I'm back now though...... We're actually making great strides forward right now on the retail and motor front.

Phil has been doing a monster job of getting all of our orders shipped out of the T-Warehouse, and I am working on a bunch of new technology to smooth out the flow of e-commerce and inventory that in addition to cranking out batches of motors. We've been working hard behind the scenes to stay on top of all of the new products and things we've been bringing on-line, so it will be nice to hand some of that work off to computers to take care of that stuff!

With that out of the way, there is a AVR Microcontroller dev kit as well as a brushless DC motor development kit sitting on my desk that looks like it needs some love.......

T
Old 11-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Atmega88?
Old 11-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Hi, Guys.

Just a note here to let you know how the battery testing has been going. I've been using both Corally 4 and 6-cell IB4200 WC and the EP MIII 4200 cells for 1/12 and Pro10/TC. I've been testing and monitoring on two fronts:

1. Self discharge during storage - I've let two 6-cell EP4200 MIII cells and two 6-cell Corally IB4200WC packs sit on the shelf with 2000 mAh charge for two three week periods. I have used my Trinity DPD to discharge each pack to see how the resting voltage and the capacity holds up .... both are fine! Resting voltage on both cell types has been 1.3+ on the DPD and capacity has been 750 mAh remaining at the low end and 1600 mAh at the high end.

2. Cycle life and impact on resting voltage and capacity. In this instance I have been testing/cycling 2 x 4-cell IB and 2 x 4-cell EP packs as above. Both brands are holding up well. After 16 cycles I have noticed that discharge capacity is holding up remarkably well. The resting voltage is only now showing signs of minimal decrease over a 1-week rest period. Resting voltage is still up there at 1.28+ after using the cell for racing and then letting it sit for a week, then discharging on the DPD and grabbing the numbers from the machine. Cycles 17 and 18 at the track tonight!

So, this tells me that the EP4200 MIII and the Corally IB4200WC that I have been testing are holding up very well indeed. While not everyone may experience this, I certainly have as I use the cells under normal racing conditions on a weekly basis. I am particulary happy to see that self-discharge has reduced significantly and the cells are not zero-v-ing as in the past. Both the EP and the IB are from the most recent production runs after the issues we'd experienced in the summer. I hope to be able to continue the testing etc with the 4600s as they become legal at local club racing.

I hope this is helpful to those who are interested.

Happy racing.
Phil
Old 11-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Gang,

Just did a couple quick updates on the site - most notably, got the HEMI C's up there! We're ready to roll on those now.

T
Old 12-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Trent;

Any idea when you're going to get the Tekin R1Pro ESC in? Just learnt they've left the factory and hit the shops.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

We'll be looking at them very closely..... I want to run a couple myself before we'll jump on it, but hopefully it is as good as claimed.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Big T and Big P.......thanks for the rip for the NWIC race in Oregon this past weekend. I definately had the car and the power to win but just coulnd't quite do it. I qualified 2nd and finished 3rd overall in stock definately showing some good horsepower in the last main by taking the win. The PHI was rock solid all weekend and keeps proving to be an outstanding chassis. The Corally IB4200's were stellar aswellwow....crazy power.
Thanks......Dwayne Flodell
Old 12-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

Congrats on the good finish this weekend Dwayne! Keep it up I am looking forward to Lethbridge in Jan I can't wait. I am off to Minot this weekend to see what damage I can do down there. 12th scale stock is going to be huge down there with lots of top drivers. Not alot of touring cars at there race but it will be fun anyways.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Dwayne - Bad ass dude! Nice work down there. I know the field was pretty strong and that's some fine work. We need to get you a racing name..... how about D-Flow!

Kev - Good luck down in Minot. We used to vacation there when I was a kid. The Ramada Inn had this big ass funky ghost shaped pool back in the day. It was like Disneyland for me and my bro. Well. Maybe not quite.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Well for a kid from Saskatchewan it would be like Disney! Minot put on a pretty good race every year nice big smooth floor to race on and you can't beat hotel prices down there LOL
Old 12-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Way to go, Dwayne! Did you notice a difference at all between the IB and EP cells? You had mentioned that you were looking to compare. Let us know!

P.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Phil....the Corally IB packs were definately the shiznit!
Charging voltage, capacity and temps were very consistent charge to charge.
The combo of the T-Bang power plants and the Corally cells proved to be a hot package.
One downfall for us out here is not getting track time on tracks with very high traction....by the end of practice on friday the track was sticky to walk on....just something that we are not used to here.....it took a while to adapt to the conditions. All in all a good trip....now I am ready for their next series race with crazy traction
Old 12-22-2007, 04:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just want to send out a Seasons Greating to both Mr "Tbang" Trent and Mr Cady. and the rest of the Tbang crew.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cyrrus
I just want to send out a Seasons Greating to both Mr "Tbang" Trent and Mr Cady. and the rest of the Tbang crew.
+1
Old 12-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Happy New Year see you all in Kamloops in Feb.
Mike Pease
S.I.R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.