Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada >

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Great job Stu......see you in 2 weeks
Old 02-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stulec52
Thanks for the help Trent !!

I ended up going lighter on the spring as the carpet was not ozite, and although it was a great surface to run on, there was a lot of fuzz from it, and loads of wheelspin, so I went for a smoother feel.
The deal with this is that they add together every single lap you do all weekend long, so at the end of it all I had 239 laps total, I won the event by 10 seconds after all that running !!
Great weekend, thanks again for the help, another title for T-Bang !!
Awesome! I think that's our first "off road" title...... Nice work Stu!
Old 03-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Trent, It looks like things are coming along nicely for you. I Like the site and all the information you have here is awesome and most of all your motors rock! . I remember this little chat we had regarding t-bang! when it was in it's infancy and now look at you. I know it's still a long ways for you, but with your nice attitude and good business ethics I know that you will go a looong ways!

Keep up the good work!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcspeedo
Hey Trent, It looks like things are coming along nicely for you. I Like the site and all the information you have here is awesome and most of all your motors rock! . I remember this little chat we had regarding t-bang! when it was in it's infancy and now look at you. I know it's still a long ways for you, but with your nice attitude and good business ethics I know that you will go a looong ways!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the kind words Tristan! Much appreciated. It is definitely amazing to look back into the not so distant past and see how far along things have come. The company was 1 year old way back in November, but it seems like it's been a lot longer.

Also, it's a good opportunity to give a shout out to everyone that has been supporting the products and giving them such a good name. Lots of fast drivers (including yourself!) have taken a chance on the motors and so far, so good!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well I one at our club championship, 6 cells from TQ cells and a T-Bang CO27 motor. I will post my opinions on these product later on.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by falconcg
Well I one at our club championship, 6 cells from TQ cells and a T-Bang CO27 motor. I will post my opinions on these product later on.
Sorry... wrong account.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Tech Addict

Let me try this from the right account!

Awesome! Were you racing in the Ottawa race this past weekend?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah, I raced at RCO this past weekend and won one of your motors. CO27 (that's what I presently race). I will post my opinions on it later. I can't wait to try it. I also won some TQ cells. Great combo I guess.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah, I raced at RCO this past weekend and won one of your motors. CO27 (that's what I presently race). I will post my opinions on it later. I can't wait to try it. I also won some TQ cells. Great combo I guess.
Awesome! Glad to hear that it went to someone that races stock. TQ cells are the perfect pairing for it too. Should be ballistic. Definitely keep us posted and don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.

On a related note - I'm not sure if it was you that e-mailed me, but someone from RCO sent me a note, and my e-mail server lost it. I totally apologize!

Having a bad e-mail week this week.....
Old 03-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Hey guys - Anyone looking for some strong 4-cell packs to finish out the season should drop me a line. I'm blowing out the remaining ones to clear way for summer stuff.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

pm me on what you got for some batts
Old 03-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

Default Announcements

Hey Gang,

Just wanted to spark up the thread again and let everyone know about a couple of things that I have been working on:

On-Line Ordering

Finally - we are on the verge of releasing a proper on-line ordering system so that you guys don't have to track me down to get your goodies. Final touches are going on the system right now, and we expect to launch it on t-bang.ca later on this week.

Chassis Protection Film

We are pleased to announce a new product in the line-up just in time for the start of the summer season.

T-Bang "Johnny9's" chassis protector is now available. It is a 20mil thick, crystal clear polycarbonate film that is easy to apply and cut. It can be used to protect carbon fiber chassis for asphalt racing as well as for a variety of other applications where a clear protective layer is required.

The film will be available on-line, as well as to our dealer network within the next week.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

I look forward to the new options.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigDaddyT

Chassis Protection Film

T-Bang "Johnny9's" chassis protector is now available. It is a 20mil thick, crystal clear polycarbonate film that is easy to apply and cut. It can be used to protect carbon fiber chassis for asphalt racing as well as for a variety of other applications where a clear protective layer is required.
Oh heck, I'd best be raising my ride height then !
2 mm maybe? can't be 20 mm ?

And good news on the ordering system, I'll be needing some new speed soon as I ran my motors to almost nothing left !
Mind you I was trying to prove a point.
There is a mind set at the races I have been to that says you HAVE to strip, cut comms, change brushes etc etc every run ( even in stock)
I would clean up the motor, maybe cut the comm, only change the brushes if they were very worn on the Friday night, then not even take the motor out of the car all weekend long.
My car was at least as fast on the last run as it was on the first.
I got 1st, 2nd and 3rd places ( and 2nd in the championship) to prove all you have to do is buy a T-Bang, bolt it in and have fun / go fast !!
Old 03-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stulec52
Oh heck, I'd best be raising my ride height then !
2 mm maybe? can't be 20 mm ?

And good news on the ordering system, I'll be needing some new speed soon as I ran my motors to almost nothing left !
Mind you I was trying to prove a point.
There is a mind set at the races I have been to that says you HAVE to strip, cut comms, change brushes etc etc every run ( even in stock)
I would clean up the motor, maybe cut the comm, only change the brushes if they were very worn on the Friday night, then not even take the motor out of the car all weekend long.
My car was at least as fast on the last run as it was on the first.
I got 1st, 2nd and 3rd places ( and 2nd in the championship) to prove all you have to do is buy a T-Bang, bolt it in and have fun / go fast !!
20mil is about 0.5mm - mil is the "metric version of imperial". 1mil = 1/1000th of an inch. Bizarre, but popular in the lamination and vinyl world. Average sticker stock is usually 3 or 4 mil, so you're looking at a giant sticker about 7x thicker than normal stock. Ride height should be ok though.....

I'm with you on the motor prep Stu - I grow weary of hearing people say how much work brushed motors are when a lot of it tends to be make-work. (This excludes low wind mod motors though, which truly are a ton of work).

In reality, if a Stock or 19T motor is clean and geared properly with a good brush and spring combination, you should see multiple runs from it without a huge loss in performance. Run 2 and 3 are often the sweet spot because as much as we think we break the motors in on the bench, we never really do. The first minute on the track with 30A going through those brushes "motivates" the seating process a lot.

You will lose some power over time, but it's not actually as bad as a lot of people think as long as there's not too much arc'ing and burning going on. Again, it all goes back to the brushes/springs and gearing on the car. For the average club race, losing 4% over 3 runs isn't that big a deal.

Even that loss can be minimized a lot by just watching the motor, cleaning off the face of the brushes between runs and so forth. I think the ritual of a complete motor teardown between runs is overkill for stock, and unless you've got your break in routine totally dialed for your motor and brush setup, you might actually slow down a little bit for the start of that first run after the re-build.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.