Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALERT!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DUB_Ben
Hey guys, I live in Lodi (13 Mins North of Stockton) and all I can say is Stockton is a very dirty, ugly, horrible city in most sections. I can see why we didnt move there! The place is just crawling with theives and other criminals, I think that they should have picked a better place to hold the Nats, but how do you know something like this would happen? Ive raced at J&J Hobbies offroad track in stockton and I havent had any probs there or anywhere else. But someone stealin stuff from someone else is bulls***. Period.
dude i raced at the ranch pit stop in Pomona, they held lots of big races in the day . That area was far worse than stockton. Face it........... RC tracks in California can't afford to be in high rent areas. One car gets gets jacked and its all stocktons falt.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Gotyournumber,

Don't know J&J Hobbies. Assumed that locals would get the word out. What is their address?

So far, I have been working the SF Bay Area only. That major truck accident on the Altamont Pass this weekend kept me (and likely the thief/thieves) on our respective sides of the hills.

Could use some help in the Central Valley. I can bring a stack of flyers out this weekend. Have four more hobby shops I can think of in Livermore, Tracy, Manteca and Modesto.

And thanks for asking.

Bill
Old 03-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

bill can you email me the flyer [email protected]
Old 03-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

gotyournumber,

e-mail with flyer sent to your address.

Javier Arroyo is handling the Sacto area.

We will be blanketing NorCal shortly.

FYI...Double-sided flyers on colored paper are only costing me 3 cents each. I can handle providing quantities of them. No problem.

Many, many thanks.

Bill
Old 03-29-2006, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Bill D

Did you get flyers to:

Bee Gee Hobbee
234 Golf Club Road
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523

Hobbytown
4420 Treat Boulevard Suite A
Concord, CA 94521

Wold's Hobbies
7100 Village Parkway
Dublin, CA 94568
Old 03-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
gotyournumber,

e-mail with flyer sent to your address.

Javier Arroyo is handling the Sacto area.

We will be blanketing NorCal shortly.

FYI...Double-sided flyers on colored paper are only costing me 3 cents each. I can handle providing quantities of them. No problem.

Many, many thanks.

Bill
Allrightee, flier has been sent to the managers at:

Hobbytown, Rocklin
RC Country, Sacramento
Fast Track Hobbies, Citrus Heights
Track Time Hobbies, Orangevale

...and I'm about to head out to Speedworld to meet about Paved Nats Stuff, so I'll drop off there as well.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok...thats it...I can't take it anymore; I confess. I stole the stuff...it was just too much to resist.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Driver1
i hate theifs........

with a passion....

ive had a few stock/mod motors and parts walk away in the last few months....

go pee from the nerves for the upcoming main...come back.....the stock i jus built and about to put in is gone....and never seen again....

had my own label....and special notching on it as well....

i did live in a very nice town...until the last few years crime rates up like 400% nothings safe....anywhere...

You hate thieves?

You must really hate yourself then.

Judging from this other thread, you stole someone else's money!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105705

Thief!
Old 03-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Allrightee, flier has been sent to the managers at:

Hobbytown, Rocklin
RC Country, Sacramento
Fast Track Hobbies, Citrus Heights
Track Time Hobbies, Orangevale

...and I'm about to head out to Speedworld to meet about Paved Nats Stuff, so I'll drop off there as well.
id also send them to tracks in southern cali too.. who knows, maybe one of these theives are local racers to california down here too...

id also keep an eye out at local pawns shops in the surrounding area.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Exclamation

A lightbulb just went off in My head. Wut about posting the flyer here! There's a possibility that the theives were abroad, attending the Big Race Event and are now home (in another state) I just thought I'd post this idea as most of U are thinking Cali only.
My First Seargent said "If U find a theif, He better not be walkin', when U bring Him to Me".
Old 03-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PlainOleDave
A lightbulb just went off in My head. Wut about posting the flyer here! There's a possibility that the theives were abroad, attending the Big Race Event and are now home (in another state) I just thought I'd post this idea as most of U are thinking Cali only.
My First Seargent said "If U find a theif, He better not be walkin', when U bring Him to Me".
just outta curiosity,

now i would, but would the r/c community as a whole put this much effort if a couple of non-sponsored, local racers had their stuff stolen? im not saying that "sponsored" or being in Mr. Novak's truck had any pull on how much work is being put into helping finding if possible, but.. would "we" as an r/c community work just as hard for a handful of local racers?

ive seen posts from time to time, but never have i seen the enthusiasm and dedication as much as this...

im not trying to imply anything, im just curious.

on a side note, if the person who took the stuff is NOT an r/c racer, im sure they are scratching their heads at wondering "what do i dot with these toy cars!"
Old 03-29-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thank you

Hello,

This is Billy Easton here. Like my new screen name. I am new to the RC tech web base. I came on here to personally thank all of the individuals who are currently assisting in the search for our stolen property. It is really unfortunate for this to happen to us let alone anyone else. I would never wish this upon anybody regardless of how retarded someone is. Its definately a feeling of violation along with many thoughts of sorrow. It is nice to see that there are kind people out there ,that dedicate their time in helping others. I am hopeful that someone is apprehended in this theft. I am a bit more fortunate than Steve and or Andrew. I am lucky enough to have sponsors in all the categories to get me product so that i can get up and racing again. I still am many items. Hopefully something will work its way out and ill be at the race track racing with the rest of you again. My gratitude and thanks extends far beyond my words. i do hope that someone will lead in the recovery of anything that is usabable, to any of the individuals involved. Again my thanks extends out to all individuals who have made a conscious effort to recover any of the stolen property. Its heart warming to know that regadless of the theives there are still good hearted people in existance.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Big Easy
Hello,

This is Billy Easton here. Like my new screen name. I am new to the RC tech web base. I came on here to personally thank all of the individuals who are currently assisting in the search for our stolen property. It is really unfortunate for this to happen to us let alone anyone else. I would never wish this upon anybody regardless of how retarded someone is. Its definately a feeling of violation along with many thoughts of sorrow. It is nice to see that there are kind people out there ,that dedicate their time in helping others. I am hopeful that someone is apprehended in this theft. I am a bit more fortunate than Steve and or Andrew. I am lucky enough to have sponsors in all the categories to get me product so that i can get up and racing again. I still am many items. Hopefully something will work its way out and ill be at the race track racing with the rest of you again. My gratitude and thanks extends far beyond my words. i do hope that someone will lead in the recovery of anything that is usabable, to any of the individuals involved. Again my thanks extends out to all individuals who have made a conscious effort to recover any of the stolen property. Its heart warming to know that regadless of the theives there are still good hearted people in existance.
Hey Billy, good to see you on RCTech.

All my years of trading here and on other boards, has always led to me to good RC'ers. It's almost like most of us are a tight knit family at times.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
Bill D

Did you get flyers to:

Bee Gee Hobbee
234 Golf Club Road
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523

Hobbytown
4420 Treat Boulevard Suite A
Concord, CA 94521

Wold's Hobbies
7100 Village Parkway
Dublin, CA 94568
Only did Wold's which is close to me. Don't normally get up to Walnut Creek or above. Was figuring on giving flyers to racers that live up that way and in Marin; but, Saturday's RCCAR racing was rained out.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You think somebody could post descriptions of the RC stuff? I am on Ebay a lot and definitely can root through and see if any of it has turned up there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.