co27t been to BRCA

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Jolly
i.a.s
you blame me ??
i blame helgar,CML,Mirage me self
if they took care of the spec classes in the first place instead of concertrating on a dying class & poxy airplanes then this would not of happened (possible)
Lolly, may there be outside forces preventing the likes of the companies you metnion bringing in the stuff that you brought in???
Old 03-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by jakeburns
Importers should not be direct to public sellers, they are cutting out the model shops who keep this sport running. The importer who sells to the public is taking a cut of the profit twice, and they are not even lowering their prices because of it.

Importers should import, and sell to shops, shops should sell to public.
Just like c-s tried to do (but didn`t)
sold to the public yes ,trade yes
ebay no way ,only thing that helps is the buyer & seller nothing else

you could say is time for shop`s to stop, no coz that means i never a reason get away from the family for a couple of hours

we might aswell have hand outs coz it`s only epic motors that work
Old 03-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
No. Sample motors are sent to the laboratory by the manufacturer for testing. Approval is based on the specifications of these samples. There is no spot checking of random components at any time.
I mis-read what you meant then, as it came across as motors set aside for the sole purpose of homologation, which left me wondering... understandably.

Unfortunately the nature of Stock racing leaves us in this VERY competitive situation.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
No. Sample motors are sent to the laboratory by the manufacturer for testing. Approval is based on the specifications of these samples. There is no spot checking of random components at any time.
That makes sense, as if they were only to check production motors, wouldn't that bee too late if the motor failed.... ?

In the case of the UK market, maybe we are getting production motors to homologate rather than samples, and if a production motors fails, it is a big decision on the part of the manufacturer to make the motor fit our rules, if it passed others???

Just guessing....
Old 03-18-2006, 09:01 AM
BJ
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jakeburns
Importers should not be direct to public sellers, they are cutting out the model shops who keep this sport running. The importer who sells to the public is taking a cut of the profit twice, and they are not even lowering their prices because of it.

Importers should import, and sell to shops, shops should sell to public.

Disagree, cut out the modelshop buy direct from Importer at the cost they would sell to the modelshop. Makes life a lot, lot cheaper not £60 for motors or batteries or £25 for tyres, which at National level will cost £75 per meeting. GREAT
Old 03-18-2006, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BJ
Disagree, cut out the modelshop buy direct from Importer at the cost they would sell to the modelshop. Makes life a lot, lot cheaper not £60 for motors or batteries or £25 for tyres, which at National level will cost £75 per meeting. GREAT
If only the the importer did that for us, they don't, they import cheap and sell retail, much more profit to be made that way than faffing about selling it to shops.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Rant and rave all you like! Rod , sounds like you are a bit upset
Does anybody remember the quads when they were legal , then they werent , then they were. BRCA are a joke IMO. Lets look at whats good for the racer. And as for a comment about motor manufacteurs making motors that self destruct after only a couple of runs , well , now I do believe I have heard it all LMFAO X 2. Are you really believing that a motor manufacteur would be that stupid to kill its own sales with a motor that did that , LMFAO again...
How about getting this thread back to CO27 instead of slagging. Me also.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

but we need model shops it`s in our blood to pop down to the shop & gossip about things & get out of the house

jake
could be
helgar got epic brand

mirage have ermm let me think ,bugger all

CML
Ermmm let me think again MVP ( but then reedy not bothered about spec ) got a reedy quad wow

so yes there hand were a little tied then

so all this nagging (moaning as DA put`s it) still hasen`t got 27t on shelfs in shop`s

i would go with jake though

importers,distributers can`t sell ebay
but shop`s can ( they need to start some where with out to much outlay in money )
remember not every one uses & goes on ebay, but more peeps would go shopping !! yes/no

by the way
kent water board have issued a hose pipe ban (lack of water )
thames water board will follow suit end of month
Old 03-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

Thats got to hurt Mr Jolly how are you going to water in all thoughs spring bulbs.
Your well buggered if you get a turfing job.
I need a gardener hmm.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by i.a.s
I need a gardener hmm.
I want a 27t thats more important than your garden, your just lazy anyway
Old 03-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

forgot
this the 3rd coldest march month for 40 years
this time last year it was around 20c instead of 6

looks like no 27t then
oh well i`l just get some of the shelf then (i`m sorted ) that is a joke by the way

di you know there isn`t a price limit on pre built battery pks (checkpoint ones £64.99) loop hole
Old 03-18-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnboy Walton
Either way gentlemen, I think you both have very good points. If you know someone on this forum who is part of the BRCA rules-making organization, point them to this thread. Get their input and see if a workable solution isn't already in the works.

)!!
that woud be a suprise if one of them came on here & stuck he`s neck out & took all this flack
with merciless in this mood he be murdered
Old 03-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Mr Jolly - I wasn't saying that the product was crap but that the 'distributor ' is. Know someone in a shop that used to stock their products, and he has told me about them. What I feel that isn't right and it is not that he sells on E-bay but that the E-bay shop sells it for a lower price - as a 'distributor' that is something that isn't done and makes the shops (his customers) unhappy - talk about cutting your own throat!

Soap box now being put away.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

send an email to the brca and ask for a list of stockists for the motors they have homoligated they should know or should be able to find out i did they asked what motor i was looking for and they would try and help still waiting though guess they cant find a shop that could sell one over the counter.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
ralph
why we need model shop`s
coz there is a unwritten rule that buyer`s support the shop`s ,shop`s will support the tracks near you, so the hobby grow`s blah blah blah etc,etc
Sorry, I didn't mean to say model shops weren't needed. Just that lots of people know TS already and could get their products if wanted without going through a model shop. Clearly model shops are needed to keep the hobby going

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.