Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FUEL Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Default FUEL Question

Hey everyone, what fuel do you run in your cars, and do you add any oil to it? just wondering thanks.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

White Lightning seems to work nicely in my RC10GT, runs a little cooler than the S&W I was using. You can get it nearby at Hobby Depot in York.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Initiate

kool
Old 03-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Most fuels are good. I run Sidwinder Worlds 30%. I also have run Odonnel 20 and 30%. One thing I have learned is DO Not add oil. When you add oil you reduce nitro %. I work at a LHS during the weekend and we see alot of poeple try this and it makes the vehicles harder to tune, run hot and have reduced power. Hope this helps. BTW Traxxas fuel works very well also. My friend tried some While Lightning it worked well also. We tried some 40% in an 1/8 scale buggy, holy crap, insane speed never got over 190 degrees.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you want high quality fuel. Try Wildcat fuels or byrons. Wildcat makes fuel for HPI & Trinity. Trinity got #1 from rc car action readers.

Byrons also uses very high quality fuel. But If oil is a concern wildcat has a 14% mixture and there oil is more efficient than others so you get great protection and power.

Sidewinder WC 30% fuel is multi-viscosity. This is also pretty good.

I would rate it Wildcat #1 and byrons #2 and sidewinder #3 , but that WC fuel is pretty good if you want 30%.

If you want good race blends , wildcat prorace has 10% oil. I still think it has enough lubricating properties though at 10% due to its efficient high quality castor.

Same goes for byrons they use higher quality stuff and your engine wont gum up as much.

Sidewiner has cp-07 which is a friction modifier that reduces friction and wear. They also use MTEC which is another tweak they use to slow the flame and create a better overall combustion which results in more rpm from what Ive read. Not sure how that works...but thats what these companies use.

Im going to be doing a test on a lot of fuels very soon so Ill even have more concrete facts to talk about. But I have all these fuels mentioned on the list so. We will see. I take my fuel choices serious.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I use Rocket Science fuel, 30%. No additional oil.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

i run on 16% what will be the differences if i change to 25% like many others?
Old 03-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Tech Initiate

yea i was just wondering what people use, because i used monster fuel in my t-maxx and that is why it does not run anymore, i used traxxas fuel all the time but someone gave me like a gal of monster fuel and who is going to turn down fuel? not me i was like sure thing, and i got 2 tanks on it that its. the motor locked up. it was blowing blue and running good to. but for some reason it did that.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Could be old fuel , could be cause you didnt change your needles (always gotta change needles to rich when swapping fuels or anything like plugs).

Never heard of monster fuel , but traxxas top fuel I have and I would suggest against that stuff....
Old 03-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Could be old fuel , could be cause you didnt change your needles (always gotta change needles to rich when swapping fuels or anything like plugs).

Never heard of monster fuel , but traxxas top fuel I have and I would suggest against that stuff....
monster fuel is by trinity fuel
Old 03-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I use Maxy's Fuel 30% (Old edition). I just love the fact the motor stays tuned constantly. I had to change needle setting each race day with O'Donnel, plus add castor oil so my engines would last as long. Different engines require different % in oils.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by captian
monster fuel is by trinity fuel
Oh monster horsepower fuel. Thats what I got. Thought there was possibly another fuel just plain named monster. I was like hmmm , never heard of monster fuel.

But yeah , trinity monster horsepower. Thats the stuff that won. AKA the purple sh*t.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Tech Initiate

lol yep thats it. i did adjust the needles. like i said, it was blowing blue and it ran good but it got hot, it was like 70 outside so it was a nice say. i dunno what happend to it. i took it apart and the top of the cylinder was blue.