Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI PRO4 orTATC4

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Pro 4 Hara edition all the way! You can usually get one for $350 at places like www.ultimatehobbies.com, or www.speedtechrc.com. Has all the goodies in one kit, not that the standard pro 4 isnt as good, but it does come with a spool and one-way, better shocks and a few other odd's and ends.
Still if its between the pro 4 and FT TC4, I'd stick with a pro 4 (IMO), its suspension pieces are 2x stronger, and its highly adjustible with aluminum pieces in all the right places. Both pro 4 and TC4 are close in performance, but I had a heck of a time keeping my TC4 from breaking running mod. I've only broken 1 front steering knuckle in my Pro 4, using a spool, in a 5 month period. To me that says alot since I'm no hara!
Old 03-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Pro 4 highly recommended.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Pro4.....
Old 03-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Initiate

The Pro 4 is less than a FT TC4

i know that,but the original poster wasnt asking about the ft tc4,he was asking about the team tc4
Old 03-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Suspended

pro 4
Old 03-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hobbipro just about sums it up......pro4........ probably the most durable car ive owned.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by steve eaves
Thatis funny the europeans seem ok with them dhi cup christen anders?Everyone says xray or corally but the currnet world champ is tamiya,dude go with what you want i have both cars they are both good most guys act like they do this for a living which there are very few that do,just have fun and go race
Marc is a good driver, maybe the corally and T2's are better than the 415, and i wanted to get a Xray too.. But really its not your car in most cases.. driving, if it is your car you probaly need to learn how to set it up (which of course cannot do AT ALL) yeah tamiya does some stupid stuff sometimes, like change springs stregnth while keeping them same color etc. and i kinda wated the xray becuase so many other run them at my tracks..
Old 03-18-2006, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

i havent broken a part in months with my tc4....are you guys driving head on into walls??
Old 03-18-2006, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Are you going to rum a brushless setup? If so, the go with the TC4. Unless you like buying diffs every week. If your just going run 19t or stock, then definatley the PRO4. JMO
Old 03-18-2006, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sushi Man
Marc is a good driver, maybe the corally and T2's are better than the 415, and i wanted to get a Xray too.. But really its not your car in most cases.. driving, if it is your car you probaly need to learn how to set it up (which of course cannot do AT ALL) yeah tamiya does some stupid stuff sometimes, like change springs stregnth while keeping them same color etc. and i kinda wated the xray becuase so many other run them at my tracks..
So what do you recommend Pro4 or TC4?
Old 03-18-2006, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BeetleBailey
Are you going to rum a brushless setup? If so, the go with the TC4. Unless you like buying diffs every week. If your just going run 19t or stock, then definatley the PRO4. JMO
How can you say that? A lot of guys here driving Pro4s run with mod and never broke their diffs. The Pro4's bevel gears easily wear out that's why they came up with the 1.1 version. The 1.1 bevel gears have plates on the edges that makes it more durable compared to the old ones.

Many people have the wrong impression on the Pro4. But the car speaks for itself. Some guys here even said that the Pro4 is not a good car out of the box. Not true! Hara proved it and so as the other champions who drove their Pro4s to victory.

The Pro4 is a very competitive and durable touring car. Tons of hop-ups from HPI and from the aftermarket brands like, BMI, Square, Jet Racing, Speedmind, and a lot more. Before I got mine, I did a few research on which car is better. My choices were:Tamiya TB EVO 4, HPI Pro4, AE FT-TC4 and Yokomo MR4-TC SD. I chose the Pro4 because of parts, competitiveness, durability and most important, performance.

I don't drive as good as the others, yet. But I will get there because it's only been a few months since I got back to RC racing. The last time was 1996. I bet that most RC owners and drivers with new cars in this site wouldn't win against my Pro4 if I let Hara, Surikarn or Andy Moore drive it.

Lastly, just because a lot of newer cars have been out doesn't mean that the Pro4 is outdated. Definitely not. It is still race worthy against the newer counterparts.

Old 03-18-2006, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

There was a write-up in one the RC mags (I think Xtreme RC). It compared the FT TC4 versus the Hara Pro4. They picked the FT TC4 based on cost (because it can run on carpet better out of the box). If you are doing just asphalt then the Pro4 would probably be cheaper. Basically it said you couldnt go wrong with either. Obviously there are better cars now (most seem to be belt driven) but both will do OK. I used the Pro4. There are some good deals on used Pro4's on ebay if you want to go that route.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nicadrauspro4
I don't drive as good as the others, yet. But I will get there because it's only been a few months since I got back to RC racing. The last time was 1996. I bet that most RC owners and drivers with new cars in this site wouldn't win against my Pro4 if I let Hara, Surikarn or Andy Moore drive it.
You could say that about any car. I bet Surikarn, Hara or Andy Moore could beat half the people on this site with a TB02 or my old Yokomo MR4 special.

IMO the pro4 can't be much better than the TC4 because at least at races the FT TC4 is still putting cars in the top couple of finals. I havent seen the pro4 mentioned in months.

Just buy the car you prefer. There's little between the cars in terms of performance. I personally would buy a T2 if I was buying my car now instead of November, but each to their own.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

what ever your lhs stocks parts on and ask around your local track on what THEY perfer...
Old 03-19-2006, 02:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ralph_c
You could say that about any car. I bet Surikarn, Hara or Andy Moore could beat half the people on this site with a TB02 or my old Yokomo MR4 special.

IMO the pro4 can't be much better than the TC4 because at least at races the FT TC4 is still putting cars in the top couple of finals. I havent seen the pro4 mentioned in months.

Just buy the car you prefer. There's little between the cars in terms of performance. I personally would buy a T2 if I was buying my car now instead of November, but each to their own.
The reason the Pro4 isn't mentioned anymore in big races is that HPI is now sponsoring everyone to run the Hotbodies Cyclone (also owned by HPI). Thus, no big name pros run the Pro4. Based on its success just before HPI switched horses, it still looks like a competitive car.

Ira

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.