Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next" >

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thank you. Out of the two servos I listed with one do you think will work ok? I got the conversion kit but I've got plenty of al angle sevro mounts. Or I've got the old associatedangle on one side and flat on the otherside?
Old 12-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Heya Bullfrog,

If you go back to message #940, I have a few pictures of my car and the electronics layout. Somehow I managed to delete those photos from my site but I've reloaded them for you. The S9550 is perfect for the car, because it's a shallow case it leaves you lots of room to run a LiPo up the middle without issues.

Mick
Old 12-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Thank you. Out of the two servos I listed with one do you think will work ok? I got the conversion kit but I've got plenty of al angle sevro mounts. Or I've got the old associatedangle on one side and flat on the otherside?
I've used the associated style ones in aluminum, but have always used the angled surface. I saw that Mick had posted, and his layout is VERY good, so look at his pictures.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks- what are you doing to run on carpet.
My set-ip is: side shocks: CRC with ass. blue springs a 40 weight
center Associated TC shock with 40 weight and silver spring.
Front tires- jaco whites?
Rear- jaco white
body- PF Vette and maybe a Sophie-The Sophie is all I've ever used but is mounted on my other car chassis.
next race is Minregg on Jan 17th. Possible outdoor race two weeks before in orlando. Outdoors I've used jaco purples (F) and purple (R).Gear ratio has been 43-43x88 Trinty Duo2
Old 12-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks- what are you doing to run on carpet.
My set-ip is: side shocks: CRC with ass. blue springs a 40 weight
center Associated TC shock with 40 weight and silver spring.
Front tires- jaco whites?
Rear- jaco white
body- PF Vette and maybe a Sophie-The Sophie is all I've ever used but is mounted on my other car chassis.
next race is Minregg on Jan 17th. Possible outdoor race two weeks before in orlando. Outdoors I've used jaco purples (F) and purple (R).Gear ratio has been 43-43x88 Trinty Duo2
A few questions first:

200mm or 235mm width
Motor 10.5, 13.5, 17.5?
Carpet or asphalt

Mark
Old 12-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

The first race is outdoors on asphalt. I've been running the sophie since it came out.when I got this chassis I decided to try the vette. The Minregg is indoors on Carpet. The weekend before the birds. I've run the Trinity duo2 and ordered a nemisis both 13.5. I'm using my Novak GTB with either a reciever pack or smart boost(have not decided yet). Usually cut the tires to 2.25 to start with. Oh yes we only run 200mm.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwalts99
i was wondering how to get hooked up with your team. the car looks awesome and i look forward to driving it really soon.
justi walts

Just shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

-E
Old 12-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

We're finalizing part designs for our forthcoming new 1/12 and 1/10 WGT cars this and next week, then off to the machine shop and the anodizer. Look for an press release towards the end of January with pictures. Cars will be available soon.....

-E
Old 12-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

How much of a difference in the World GT chassis . Is it still a links car or is it a Tee- bar.Will there be conversion kits available?And when?
Old 12-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

How much of a difference in the World GT chassis . Is it still a links car or is it a Tee- bar.Will there be conversion kits available?And when?

Still a link car. The biggest changes will be the shared parts with the new 1/12 car, easier use with brushless motors and that everything in the car is alot lower than the previous generation. Most of the carbon parts are different, but I can do a conversion kit that would just include the new parts and omit the shocks, body posts, front end, etc. That would be easy to do. I can have those available at the same time as the rest of the stuff is available.

-E
Old 12-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Bullfrog

I've been running the I-Fource since it came out. The old car is GREAT on pavement, and the 235 conversion set up is REALLY good. The new car (I'm driving the proto type) is already .3 - .5 / lap faster than the old car on carpet at 200mm, and I have a good bench mark locally (CRC factory driver).

New car should be dialed by the time Eric has it ready. I'm going to be running the new car at Snowbirds along with several Darkside oval cars.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

I assume with the battery going either way the links will be exposed like the Associated cars?
Anyway the only information I can get on the setup is the side shock with 35 weight oil and shocks in the middle hole.We only run World GT at 200mm indoor and outdoor. Since the only time I'll run carpet is Jan 17th at Minregg in Largo Fla.Presently I run Purple fronts and Pink rears. I was told to run Magenta fronts and pink rears? My next outdoor club race in Jan 3rd.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

I assume with the battery going either way the links will be exposed like the Associated cars?
Anyway the only information I can get on the setup is the side shock with 35 weight oil and shocks in the middle hole.We only run World GT at 200mm indoor and outdoor. Since the only time I'll run carpet is Jan 17th at Minregg in Largo Fla.Presently I run Purple fronts and Pink rears. I was told to run Magenta fronts and pink rears? My next outdoor club race in Jan 3rd.
I thought I had sent you some set ups, but see how this matches with what your running:

5 degree caster blocks, All shims forward, purple or green front springs (Oval Long Pins) run trailing steering blocks.
Purple front tires are ok, but Corally Gold Star H if you can get them
Side shocks 30 - 35 weight, Green - Purple or Black Side Springs. Soft for less traction, hard for more.
Center shock with 30 / Red spring for less traction, 40 / Purple for more traction
Rear tires, Pink is good, but Corally Gold Star M are better.

Ride height 5mm ft, 5.5mm rear, raise if chassis hits. 2mm droop in rear pod, watch the motor pod for scraping pavement. Increse droop / spring pre-load to keep it from hitting.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Nope I never recieved them. But that is much better now that I've got something to go by. I don't presently have 5 degree front block- just the standard Ass. 10 degrees.I've got ass. 20# spring for front end with the white spacers one on front and one on the rear.
I can get the 5 degree when I go to the outdoor race (Superior Hobbies) if they have them in stock- who makes them?
As for the springs - since I've only got Associated front springs and rear shock springs -who makes the one's your talking about.What spring rates are these compaired to the Associated?(front and rear).Is there a spring chart for these springs?

Also what is the set-up for carpet?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by BullFrog; 12-26-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Nope I never recieved them. But that is much better now that I've got something to go by. I don't presently have 5 degree front block- just the standard Ass. 10 degrees.I've got ass. 20# spring for front end with the white spacers one on front and one on the rear.
I can get the 5 degree when I go to the outdoor race (Superior Hobbies) if they have them in stock- who makes them?
As for the springs - since I've only got Associated front springs and rear shock springs -who makes the one's your talking about.What spring rates are these compaired to the Associated?(front and rear).Is there a spring chart for these springs?

Also what is the set-up for carpet?

Thanks for the help.
For the front end parts go to RC4Less and get the 1 3/8" or 1 1/2" king pins, along with the standard spring kit with "Hat's or Buckets". Associated sells the castor blocks as a set with 0, 5 and 10 degree. The 10's may give you too much turn on for pavement, as what you normally are looking for is rear traction. This does change as to how the track is prepaired.

I'll post a spring chart in the next week for front, side and center springs that I have found usefull. I stay away from the associated springs as they colapse too quickly in the heavy 1/10 scale cars.

I'll go through the notes I have from Snowbirds (carpet) last year and get that to you in the next week or so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.