Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next" >

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

i finally figured mine out and its a crc killer now it is just plane hooked i love it
Old 02-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Glad to hear everyone is having good luck with the car.

How about we get some setup sharing going on?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Glad to hear everyone is having good luck with the car.

How about we get some setup sharing going on?
well i hav ethe oval car dialed ., if anyone needs help there let me know

mike ERIC told me my car is on its way to you put the set you had on it

it was fast
Old 02-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I'd be glad to share what I have learned. I have two cars - one silver - one black. So I can post them later this week after I re-measure the car and go through my notes.

I need an idea on how to do a brushless in 1/12 stock as they allowed the 13.5 in stock. I beleive over half the A-main in Omaha was brushless. I also heard that the roll out was 2.50. How do we get that gearing into the car??

Lastly I got an e-mail with set up info on the Gen-x car from CRC that talked about using 30000 or 50000 diff lube on the side tubes when the traction came up. This might have solved my issue on the 19 turn car that I have the Gen-X tubes on. Thought the fit was a little loose.

Grenade
Old 02-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Run an 88 spur, you can fit really big pinions then.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I need an idea on how to do a brushless in 1/12 stock as they allowed the 13.5 in stock. I beleive over half the A-main in Omaha was brushless. I also heard that the roll out was 2.50. How do we get that gearing into the car??
WHOA...PLEASE tell me the HobbyTown 2-day isn't allowing brushless in Stock. As everyone is finding, this supposed "equivalency" is nothing of the sort now that people are finding they can gear the bl to the moon with no apparent penalty.

Lastly I got an e-mail with set up info on the Gen-x car from CRC that talked about using 30000 or 50000 diff lube on the side tubes when the traction came up. This might have solved my issue on the 19 turn car that I have the Gen-X tubes on. Thought the fit was a little loose.
Are you using the Gen-X (Torpedo) tubes in the standard mount location on the MX2 and using the standard hardware for the tubes? if so, I think the "looseness" you describe is caused by the piston not being in as deeply as it is intended (causes a "wobble" at the end). The Torpedo tube assemblies are something like a quarter-inch shorter than the "standard" tubes. I am TRYING to finally get my torpedo tubes installed on my MX but I'm using longer hardware (the same DuBro 2-56 ball links for 4-40 rod I use for my tie rods) to get the pistons at the correct depth in the tubes.

All that said, the "kit" tube lube for the Gen-X is the blue-capped "extra-heavy" lube where for the CK 3.2R's it was the red-cap "light" lube (two step difference). Maybe you're on to something...

Scottrik
Old 02-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

The 3.2R I bought last July came with the white cap lube for the damper tubes. I bought some blue cap later seperately because the car had too much roll which I used on my Mx2. But it seems too thick so I need to look for something lighter. My white cap lube spilled out in the box all over the parts...was a mess when I first opened the box...so I don't have enough left over to try on my Mx2.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

You can get down to a 78T spur in the RRP Super Machined Spur Gears. I run those in my F201 due to the limited space in there.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been using 7000 diff lube on 4 of the rings. Which has been working great. CRC Heavy hasn't been enough and extra heavy has been to much. Even just doing a couple of the rings.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I normally run a 88T spur.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scottrik
WHOA...PLEASE tell me the HobbyTown 2-day isn't allowing brushless in Stock. As everyone is finding, this supposed "equivalency" is nothing of the sort now that people are finding they can gear the bl to the moon with no apparent penalty.

Are you using the Gen-X (Torpedo) tubes in the standard mount location on the MX2 and using the standard hardware for the tubes? if so, I think the "looseness" you describe is caused by the piston not being in as deeply as it is intended (causes a "wobble" at the end). The Torpedo tube assemblies are something like a quarter-inch shorter than the "standard" tubes. I am TRYING to finally get my torpedo tubes installed on my MX but I'm using longer hardware (the same DuBro 2-56 ball links for 4-40 rod I use for my tie rods) to get the pistons at the correct depth in the tubes.

All that said, the "kit" tube lube for the Gen-X is the blue-capped "extra-heavy" lube where for the CK 3.2R's it was the red-cap "light" lube (two step difference). Maybe you're on to something...

Scottrik
I beleive that there is a separate class for the brushless motors. I'll confimr and post in the morning.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

The lube change was coming from CRC and they are working on some thicker lube from the extra heavy blue that they now use.

Scottrik - I used the longer pistons and the Gen-X tubes. With this set up all rings are in the tube and a little more movement in the rear pod.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Mike,

After a little more dremmell work - I'm able to use a 96 spure and a 38 tooth pinion with a normal motor. Brushless seems to hit more stuff so limited. I've also run the 88 spur, but dislike the loss of adjustment in gearing and I hate trueing tires to get the gearing correct with CRC High Rollers.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

I run a 96 spur as well, and have never needed to fit more then a 36 in my car.

If we were to put a 13.5bl in then the 88 would be needed to get the numbers right.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I beleive that there is a separate class for the brushless motors. I'll confimr and post in the morning.
Thanks. I saw a specified brushless TC class on rubber tires, but saw no mention of brushless in the 1/12 either on its own or "blended" with stock. Then again, the stock 1/12 was added "after the fact" to entice myself and others with a second 1/12 opportunity. I'm REALLY hoping BL isn't allowed as it really ends up making it hopeless for those intending to run "stock" in stock.

I used the longer pistons and the Gen-X tubes. With this set up all rings are in the tube and a little more movement in the rear pod.
K--I hadn't looked at the "longer" pistons in the Gen-X tubes. I believe the pistons are the same diameter (one of the locals broke a piston for his Gen-X and cut two segments off a Carpet Knife piston), so who the heck knows. If I survive this week and make it to spring break I'll be installing the Gen-X tubes and maybe have some ideas/feedback. Until then (and probably even after) you're the expert!!

Scottrik

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.