Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next" >

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

Mike-Another one of the local guys picked up a Darkside car and he lowered the stuff that you and I talked about. Car came out great! Testing should begin in the next few weeks.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For the rear roll center i settled on this for shim spacing:

side links- .044 under each ball
center pivot- .044 under ball
football holding screws- .06

Lemme know how you like it
Old 05-05-2006, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Mike-that sounds about what Pete had for shims under his. The car looked so much better with the lowered brace and the roll center lowered.

Maybe we can get Eric to post some pics...
Old 05-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
For the rear roll center i settled on this for shim spacing:

side links- .044 under each ball
center pivot- .044 under ball
football holding screws- .06

Lemme know how you like it

I'm on it.

-Eric
Old 05-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Guys!

Im just getting on here due to a swift kick in the rear from Double M. I have my car built and plan to test May 19th for the first time. (Double M please work on the better half so you can go with me!) Anyhow I also lowered everything in the car, however I used .060 cones under all the links and the center pivot. I think the car will work well and Im very inspired by all of Mike H's ideas. I was wondering what changes you have tried Mike, as far as side and front springs, and what your results were?
Old 05-09-2006, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Here is my exact setup on the car right now:

Front end:
.20 spring, 5 degrees blocks, max caster, 1 .005 kingpin shim of preload, AE diff lube on the king pins, 1 shim under and 1 shim over the knuckle, the rest on top of the top link. .5 degree of bump out tire size 40.25mm, Speedmind 32f compund, light ca glue coating on inside and outside sidewalls, paragon about half way servo is flat with the link in the middle hole

Rear end:
Red center spring, 40wt oil, shock in closest hole to motor, Losi femal ball studs for shock mount, my battery holding plate is lowered to be snug on the cells, and i have a .022 washer under the ballstub on the top plate, white side springs with 1 full turn of preload, 1.5mm pod droop, chasis plate and pod meet flat, crc white cap lube in the tubes, diff set loose as possible without slipping, rear rollcenter changed, i have .044 under each ball, and .060 under the sides of the football (this also leaves the pod slightly higher then the chasis so it dosn snag up the rideheight when tweaked properly), tire size 43.5mm, Speedmind 30r compound, light ca glue coating on half of out sidewalls

Speed12 body with the front axel centered at the 3rd bump on the fender, in the 2nd hole on body posts all around. ride height is 3.25 all around.

It feels really good on high bite tracks right now, i have run it on carpet, and also on asphault. For lower bite i think .18 springs and blue rear springs would be nice, i have always been a fan of using the glue on sidewalls, just seems to give the car better cornerspeed.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

Originally Posted by Banjo Pete
Hey Guys!

Im just getting on here due to a swift kick in the rear from Double M. I have my car built and plan to test May 19th for the first time. (Double M please work on the better half so you can go with me!) Anyhow I also lowered everything in the car, however I used .060 cones under all the links and the center pivot. I think the car will work well and Im very inspired by all of Mike H's ideas. I was wondering what changes you have tried Mike, as far as side and front springs, and what your results were?
Took you long enough...
Old 05-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Darkside Motorsports and the Mx2 will be at the Hyperform Challenge on May 19-20. Should be a great time.

Stop by and see us if you have any questions and want to take a look at the car.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Mike for the setup info. I am going to try it with the 5 degree front blocks, but have a set of 10s to go in just because I am curious. I need to get some laps on the car and mess with tires a bit first.

Yes Eric its about time!
Old 05-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Pete, i think you will find my setup to be very neutral. The 10 should give you better steering, may be good for Maximus / RCE, my stuff always pushed at both those tracks when i ran there...but that was in a different car.

Good luck
Old 05-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Mike, I cant wait to drive this thing!
Old 05-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default Mx2 Testing

Mike,

We tested the car last Friday night at Maximus. Pete was pleased with the performance. We tried out a bunch of different setups and hopefully we can get back there soon and try some more stuff.

Stay tuned!
Old 06-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Car is defiently getting better with practce, now we just need that setup sheet so it could be included with the kits and others can share in the wealth.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default Set up sheet

Guys-

Working on the REVISED set up sheet. Should be in your hands by end of the week!!

Stay TUNED!!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

you the man

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.