Signs that you are addicted to onroad R/C cars

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Signs that you are addicted to onroad R/C cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

You want to get a real Stratus or Mazda 6 and paint it to match your latest RC paint job...
Old 07-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
You want to get a real Stratus or Mazda 6 and paint it to match your latest RC paint job...
My sister just bought a Mazda 6 a few months ago and I told her we needed to put my paint scheme on it
Old 07-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
My sister just bought a Mazda 6 a few months ago and I told her we needed to put my paint scheme on it
My sister in law owns a stratus and although I never said it out loud I was thinking how it would look would a good paint scheme on it.... Hahahahaha....
Old 07-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Hoo-Hong, If I ever win the lottery, you and everyone you know will be making the trip to Springfield. I already have the floorplan established, and a site mapped out. All I need is the investment capital, for my indoor 1/8th scale asphalt, indoor carpet, and Gentlemen's Club entrepeneurial(sp?) endeavor.
Dang, there are others as RC crazy as me who have already done the "ultimate" indoor track floorplan in their head, etc in hopes of winning the big lottery. Mine has a 150 x 75 indoor off road dirt room (with special air exhaust so we can run gas indoors, and sealed off from the rest of the building for humidity control), adjoining a 125 x 60 carpeted track (no poles in the way of course, both tracks with high ceilings), with pit space for 250+ on two levels (first floor only pits 100 or so to keep it from looking empty on club race nights, the second floor gets opened up for "big" events), game room with foosball for between racing breaks, snack center/kitchen to feed the hungry masses, air conditioning throughout, modern high output lighting sufficient for TV broadcasting, formica countertop pit tables for all, built in pit spaces for track regulars (to house the regulars craftsman tool chests), big Plasma screens on the walls with the race results, all with the most well stocked hobby shop carrying only RC stuff, the best RC announcer in house (Scotty Ernst), etc. Oh yeah, and big clean multi stall bathrooms. Of course mine would be located here in Milwaukee WI. (Of course, I almost never buy a lottery ticket, unless its $250M or more - fat chance of winning). Only thing crazier would be to spend the money for an architect to do actual designs and drawings.

For now, I'm just crazy enough to have my own custom pit space at Trackside (with craftsman tool cabinet & drawers, 75 amp power supply, chargers, dyno, fans, lighting, formica finish aded to pit table, etc) along with a dedicated pit room in the home basement with formica countertop, full sets of tools at each location (power supplies, dynos, chargers, etc.) And last time I was at Lowes they had a really sweet looking stainless steel rolling tool chest that I hinted to my son would look really sweet at the track..........
Old 07-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Building your own RC business and track because of lack of time to race and practice and buy parts with your old job, and then relocating to a bigger building because you need an offroad track too.(see my website)
Old 07-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

When u go sleep and take your car in your bed and put the light on...lay there and just looking what u can do tomorow...set him on your cupboard near your bed and fall in sleep...then u are 100% addicted.

When u use diff-grease instead of DUREX play feel.

When ur kids have a Radio car from santa clause and ask to drive with.

When u borrow ur parents 400$.

When u have no girlfriend and ur family is laughing that u gonna marry with ur car.

When u put ur.... PIEEEEEP TUUUUUUUUUUUUT the topdeck and chassis (Im just joking)
Old 07-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by minidriver
Dang, there are others as RC crazy as me who have already done the "ultimate" indoor track floorplan in their head, etc in hopes of winning the big lottery. Mine has a 150 x 75 indoor off road dirt room (with special air exhaust so we can run gas indoors, and sealed off from the rest of the building for humidity control), adjoining a 125 x 60 carpeted track (no poles in the way of course, both tracks with high ceilings), with pit space for 250+ on two levels (first floor only pits 100 or so to keep it from looking empty on club race nights, the second floor gets opened up for "big" events), game room with foosball for between racing breaks, snack center/kitchen to feed the hungry masses, air conditioning throughout, modern high output lighting sufficient for TV broadcasting, formica countertop pit tables for all, built in pit spaces for track regulars (to house the regulars craftsman tool chests), big Plasma screens on the walls with the race results, all with the most well stocked hobby shop carrying only RC stuff, the best RC announcer in house (Scotty Ernst), etc. Oh yeah, and big clean multi stall bathrooms. Of course mine would be located here in Milwaukee WI. (Of course, I almost never buy a lottery ticket, unless its $250M or more - fat chance of winning). Only thing crazier would be to spend the money for an architect to do actual designs and drawings.

For now, I'm just crazy enough to have my own custom pit space at Trackside (with craftsman tool cabinet & drawers, 75 amp power supply, chargers, dyno, fans, lighting, formica finish aded to pit table, etc) along with a dedicated pit room in the home basement with formica countertop, full sets of tools at each location (power supplies, dynos, chargers, etc.) And last time I was at Lowes they had a really sweet looking stainless steel rolling tool chest that I hinted to my son would look really sweet at the track..........
Your are almost discribing Fastcas in Toronto, except for the Off road track

Even Scotty is often there at their big event !
Old 07-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you might be addicted when you use wd-40 as soap
Old 07-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Johnathan
you might be addicted when you use wd-40 as soap
WD-40 is excellent for getting tire residue off your hands... Use it all the time..
Old 07-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by santinuchi
You know that your addicted when: You live in ohio, you get off work an noon Friday, pack up your equip. and you best racing chum, drive to indianapolis to club race friday night at Planet R/C, finish racing there, drive half the night BACK to columbus to club race at crcrc, pack up there drive to medina to club race sat night, drive back to y-town, stay up half the night, re-conditioning your equipment so that you can club race at your local track sunday morning!!!!! Yeah guys that's a good weekend. Can you say R/C ADDICTION?
Yikes,.........I'd say you're addicted. How many miles is that?
Old 07-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
I first saw the rc version of the stratus and then decided to buy a real one. That is how I ended up with one. Still only race the HPI (you guessed it) the Stratus.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

You know you're addicted when..............you describe last night's race in its entirety, while sleeping!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Tech Champion

Just a thought but has anyone been divorced because of their addiction to rc?
Old 07-28-2006, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

unless u spent the $ for the house on the cars....
Old 07-28-2006, 02:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
unless u spent the $ for the house on the cars....
You could buy a warehouse and convert it with a living area... No more travelling to the track... Hmm now theres food for thought! We're looking for a house at the moment too...

How long do you think it will take to get the divorce papers? Place your bids now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.