Default Re: Did you say shaft.??

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR

Hmm TC3 chough chogh (Barracuda) cough
-Dave
haha...your avatar says it all!!
Old 12-12-2002, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

so uh...

have u guys noticed how this thread changed from topic to topic? first it was about...

whats the better ESC, the GT7 or the Comp?

then it went to, what's easier to setup? (BTW ppl, all you are doing is pressing ONE BUTTON AND WAITING FOR FLASHES TO HAPPEN. Are we really that impotent that we have to argue over whats easier to use and all? it's ONE button. c'mon now)

then it went to, what about batteries? matched or unmatched?

then it went to, where the best cells go and where are they?

then ti went back to whats easier to setup.

but one thing that we all missed...whats the better ESC?? i'm assuming they're both good almost equally. or?
Old 12-12-2002, 02:04 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

All those mentioned above are top of the line ESC from different companies, one might be better then the other, but for us that just race or bash at a local event won't notice the difference and it all comes down to which color you like best for a ESC...

If you like Blue, go with competition
If you like orange, go with GT-7
If you like hi-tech, go with Keyence
If you want purple to match with your Pro 3, go with Nosram

It's all about colors...
Old 12-12-2002, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

they r all gd escs with different features to cater to the different needs of all RCers around...

personally,i like to do n play with lots of tuning,so i'll go 4 the keyence...i once set my esc frequency to oni 1.5k,and the car felt like it was having a turbo charger install,veri slow initially,then suddenly ZOOOM...jus 4 fun

Last edited by ijnek; 12-12-2002 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't know if they ever got the problems worked out, but the first batch of GT7 had some problems. I've seen one novak sponsered driver smoke 2 over the corse of a couple weeks. And have also known someone who had problems with a GT7 right out of the box.

I haven't run the keyence so I wouldn't know about it. All I know is that if I ever needed to have it fixed it would take much longer since I'd have to mail it out. Both novak and associated are within driving distance so that is always an advantage.

I've never had problems with my Quantum, so I'd say that it is the better speed control. I like the features and it handles low turn mods and stock motor equally well. And like they say" Blue is Better"
Old 12-13-2002, 04:38 AM
Tech Adept

I'd say go with a GM V12. its the bomb. failing that Keyence stuff is good enough for F-22's then i'm sure its good enough for a small RC car.

just my 2 penceworth.

sanj
Old 12-13-2002, 05:02 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Erik R.
I don't know if they ever got the problems worked out, but the first batch of GT7 had some problems. I've seen one novak sponsered driver smoke 2 over the corse of a couple weeks. And have also known someone who had problems with a GT7 right out of the box.

I haven't run the keyence so I wouldn't know about it. All I know is that if I ever needed to have it fixed it would take much longer since I'd have to mail it out. Both novak and associated are within driving distance so that is always an advantage.

I've never had problems with my Quantum, so I'd say that it is the better speed control. I like the features and it handles low turn mods and stock motor equally well. And like they say" Blue is Better"
Erik- You are right...Novak has changed the main board from the second batch. Unfortunately I have the first batch.........but no problems so far.....fingers crossed!!
Old 12-22-2002, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default save money vs. spend money

I am looking at getting a GT7.Should i save my money and get the GT7 or get matched cells?I have non matched 3000.
-thanx kevin
Old 12-22-2002, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Better packs will make more of a difference than a new speedie, there really have been no radical advancements in speedies for at least 5 years.
Old 12-22-2002, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

-kevin2

I've used Quantum comp, Novak Atom, Explorer II, Cyclone, Cyclone II, TC2, GMV6, V12 and a handfull of others. The difference is marginal at best....

But one thing I can honestly say GOOD batteries + QUALITY charger = faster. If you have a quality charger pick up some 3000UMH's or GP3300's. They both can be purchased for less than $50 a pack. 1.13 - 1.14 are fine for these packs. The .01 voltage increase won't make much of a difference for most.
Old 12-22-2002, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default MC230CR

I have a futabe MC230CR esc i herd that it has a bunch of resistence.I have a novak Ionic charger is that a quality charger?
Old 12-22-2002, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Re: MC230CR

Originally posted by kevin2
I have a futabe MC230CR esc i herd that it has a bunch of resistence.I have a novak Ionic charger is that a quality charger?

Hmm... Your kinda in a weird position. That speedo has a 90A forward so it's not really a "punchy" speedo. It should do you okay in stock, but upgrading to the higher volt matched NiMH's won't really show you much over your 3000's (resistance). The Ionic is a decent charger, not a full function, but decent. Since I think it maxes out around 4.0A it's not gonna give you the punch the newer cells can provide either. (most need 5A - 6A charge)

That's where you are in a weird position. New speedo, Charger, Batteries... 1 of 3 won't do you much good. 2 of 3 you will see some difference. 3 of 3 is best.

I would suggest this order.

Weekend Racer

Speedo: Forward only, Minimum Novak Cyclone (used for around $50)

Charger: Integy 16x7Pro, or Quasar Pro ($100 - $150)
(you can charge your 3000's at 5,6A and get some good punch)

Batteries: GP3300's / Sanyo 3000HV / Panasonic 3000UMH ($45 - $50)
(You don't need super high numbers... 1.13 - 1.14 matched are fine. 3 packs should be all you need since you can run them 3 times a day)

Hardcore Racer-
If you really are a hardcore racer you wouldn't be asking

Last edited by ChristopherKee; 12-22-2002 at 07:49 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.