Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
GT7 or Quantum Competition? >

GT7 or Quantum Competition?

GT7 or Quantum Competition?

Old 12-09-2002, 02:02 AM
Tech Adept

For me, personally I prefer LRP over GT7. This is because they have replacement warranty for LRP quantum and GT7 doesn't have any.

There are many GT7 that have glitch problem in the first one or two shipments in Hong Kong and I was fortunate not to have any problem. But I know many people have this problem. Another thing, people use "Black Bean" to help increase the efficiency of the ESC. But I haven't try it yet because I am a little bit curious what that thing is and it is very expensive.

GT7's is a little bit bigger than LRP but they are pretty much the same in performance wise. The only thing is avoid GM SX-9. It is not suitable to six cells racing and you also need to have GMVIS Commander in order to set the profile. I know, this is off the topic. I just want to include more selections for people.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

neither.
get the keyence zero xtreme esc.
the best tat i ever have n the oni 1s that i use now.i have 2 of these little babies n they r simply of the best escs around with all the settings tat u can do on the esc itself.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:39 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Cyclonus
I dont know about the GT7 being easy to program. Out of all you guys who just said that how many of you can remember how to program it without cheacking the manual. The Quantum is a snap in comparison to the GT7.
Yes! Keep your finger on the one and only button when it is on.....let go and count the flashes........can't be much easier than that!!???
Old 12-09-2002, 05:40 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ijnek
neither.
get the keyence zero xtreme esc.
the best tat i ever have n the oni 1s that i use now.i have 2 of these little babies n they r simply of the best escs around with all the settings tat u can do on the esc itself.
ijnek- Try the GT7....you will be pleasently surprised!!
Old 12-09-2002, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

you kno what? i think it's gotten to a point that all of you guys (including me) have given enough good comments on each esc (Keyence Zero Extreme, LRP Quantum Competition, Novak GT7) that anyone can go with either one based soley on just what they like better! If you like blue, go with the LRP ! if you like Orange, go with the GT7! if you like clear/blue with a little screen that says "LOAD" and is pretty flat and stuff, go for the Keyence! alright then, enough said! lol. case solved.

will it ever end...............?

it will never end........

the end.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Wink Well put

Originally posted by reflekt
you kno what? i think it's gotten to a point that all of you guys (including me) have given enough good comments on each esc (Keyence Zero Extreme, LRP Quantum Competition, Novak GT7) that anyone can go with either one based soley on just what they like better! If you like blue, go with the LRP ! if you like Orange, go with the GT7! if you like clear/blue with a little screen that says "LOAD" and is pretty flat and stuff, go for the Keyence! alright then, enough said! lol. case solved.

will it ever end...............?

it will never end........

the end.
To each there own

Anyone for a KO/TRF 2000/2002 just kidding
-Dave
Old 12-09-2002, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

hey now, that ESC looks dope! i'd go for it. better than my crappy (j/k) LRP Quantum Pro Reverse. i'm in desperate need of a good Forward Only ESC. anyone wanna trade?
Old 12-09-2002, 11:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by dtm
Yes! Keep your finger on the one and only button when it is on.....let go and count the flashes........can't be much easier than that!!???
To change profiles yes, but how can you compare changing profiles with programing punch initial brake and crap that you program on the Quantum. For the GT7 you have to do all the stuff you described, and select mode seven. Then you had to turn it on and press the button for a while, and work trough some stuff. The LRP Quantum just cuts out all the changing modes stuff, and you just go in and program it. With the Quantum you only program 3 things, with the GT7 you program like 5 or 6 different settings. The GT7 is dificult to program in comparison to the Quantum. I prefer my GT7 over the Quantum, but ease of programing for the GT7 is just crap.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

You don't have to run the monster cap with the Keyence...
Old 12-09-2002, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

Default GMV12

I have had five of them and I have never had a problem. Very smooth and some great functions to boot.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Talking Whysit' gota' be a color' tang'

Blue,Orange Black ect Big cap ...small cap blablabalbalbalba It still perfroms the same function...??does it not... I think that 90% of us wont be able to use the full potential of our ESC's anyways ( well accept of me j/k )...
This is starting to sound like which car maker is better threads

It basically comes down to what you want out of your ESC and not ..how many billions of 'jigawatts' it can handle j/k

Once again my 2 ¥en

-Dave
Old 12-09-2002, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm in the process of looking to get a new ESC myself also. I'm currently using a GM V12xc, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with it and it's been extremely reliable. But just want to get another one as a backup. I looked into those GT7, but it's a tad big. If they are comparable and even if GT7 is a tad better in performance, I think I'm still going with the Competition. For my 1/12th application, the smaller the better. Don't mean to get off the subject, but has anyone seen or tried the GM SX9?

Old 12-09-2002, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default MC230CR

I have a futaba MC230CR ESC.Is that a good ESC for racing?I race stock carpet in the begginer class.If i need a new ESC i was looking at the GT7 and the Quantum comp wich is better i drive a TC3 I dont mean to get off toic but i have NON matched 3000 do i need to get a better set for a beggginer class?
Old 12-09-2002, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

um...GT7 or competition u say? um...how bout like...um....reading the thread that u actually posted in...so um....yeah. lol, jk. anyway, for stock racing, ur futaba esc should be fine. as far as unmatched and matched cells go. if you're racing, might as well invest in a matched pack. but if money is an issue, go unmatched. it just depends if you're a beginner. if u are, unmatched is perfectly fine. and it'll save u some cash. peaches.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

THANX!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.