Anyone using the new Futaba 3PK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone using the new Futaba 3PK?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Hi, ilaybrk Thanks. It's good to hear that the old module work on the new Transmtiter. That way, I could get a different frequency band (27/40/75) with the new Tx to have a wider choice if there is any radio interference from outside.

Yeah. the relibility of the mixed combo should be tested before putting out the wild animal out to the track. Otherwise, you will see a running wolf trying to bite little sheeps in the track.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Wolf
Hi, ilaybrk Thanks. It's good to hear that the old module work on the new Transmtiter. That way, I could get a different frequency band (27/40/75) with the new Tx to have a wider choice if there is any radio interference from outside.

Yeah. the relibility of the mixed combo should be tested before putting out the wild animal out to the track. Otherwise, you will see a running wolf trying to bite little sheeps in the track.
who are sheeps and who are wolf?
Old 12-10-2002, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

I would rather stick with factory advice rather then to say sorry when have a problem later on.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I can't wait to try it out.... You ship that thing yet rc-zombie
Old 12-11-2002, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

thanks pyramid i think ill have the plastic parts painted with the same paint & primer as fullsize car plastic bumpers. these seem to be more flexible and scratch resistant paint.
Old 12-11-2002, 02:37 AM
Tech Champion

I am wondering how this small piece of plastic annoys your guys so much?
Old 12-11-2002, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Manticore
I am wondering how this small piece of plastic annoys your guys so much?
i am wondering the same thing...not the first time i'e heard it though...

i think it looks cool...
Old 12-11-2002, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Manticore
who are sheeps and who are wolf?
Yeah. I know a guy cover with sheep mask and actually is a wolf. He is scary fast!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

I just ordered mine straight from japan on 27 band I will let you know what the range difrence will be but I dont think there will be any and how do I measure the transite time to see if there is a difrence. and what are the fcc rules on 40 band I heared you need A FCC perment
Old 12-11-2002, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

40mhz frequency is illegal for use in the US.
You might need an FCC license to operate.
Old 12-11-2002, 06:26 PM

You guys do not have to wonder or bother about the plastic things, it is just someone elses personal taste
Old 12-13-2002, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Default 9 Cell Pack.

I have always used a 9 cell pack when using rechargeable batteries. Reason being:

AA Recharg Batts = 1.2V each (9x1.2V = 10.8V)
AA Dry Cell Batts = 1.5V each (8x1.5V = 12V)

All these controllers are capable of running with the full 12V power. If I could fit a 10 Cell pack in there I would.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

marvi
thanks. bought mine from hk. did yours come with the battery tray? any idea where i can get the battery tray. asked mang, he doesn't carry any. i like the tray since i can always carry an extra set of AA's just in case. and the included battery pack is only 700mah i think.

christopherkee
thanks. figured that much too after remembering that primary cells (e.g. alkalines) are rated 1.5v.
Old 12-15-2002, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Default Thoughts...

Overall I really like this controller. It has a nice feel and balance similar to the JR-R1. Has the ease of use like the M8, and the precision of the KO Mars... The rubber grips on the handle (as well as rubber stops covering the charge, dcs, ear connectors) was a pleasant surprise.

I honestly feel this menu system is the easiest and quickest to get around in. And yes even easier than the M8. The DIR button to get to the quick menu was a good idea. I have my fav items on the quick and I can move through the menu without even looking (count the beeps)

The HRS doesn't seem any faster, but has very good range on a freshly charged controller and a very compact size as well. With the added bonus of fail safe it's my choice for this controller.

The very usable timer, programable buttons, multi color LED, user-name display, and trick backlit LCD really put it over the top.

If you don't have a controller or are looking to upgrade.. this is one heck of a deal. You get all the R-1 has to offer at a price less than an M8. Go Futaba

Only concerns to date is the LCD. With this being the first run of a new LCD component (the rest of the internals are pretty much similar to the 3PJS) there may be a hand full of contorllers that have... not really problems, but hickups. My LCD at times gets a line down the side... Nothing that causes problems, just something it shouldn't do. We'll test out the Futaba warranty system in the off season
Old 12-15-2002, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

It is the same as 3PJS (battery tray). Or you can just solder 9 1600mah Ni-mh (AA) together and use it as your battery tray. It will last more than 3 weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.