Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which tuner in UK is good

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nathan Parker
Pete sorry you really do have no idea what you are talking about!!!!!!!

Yes Mods have more power to begin with (too much in your case) so there is less tuning required to have a fast motor (cranking the timing up more).

There are just as many spring/brush combos with mod to try as there are with stock, most people in all classes tend to stick with what they know when it comes to springs/brushes. Yes there are a few people that will spend a fortune whatever the class.

Lets face it your Motors are not as fast as Davids or Andys but any stock motor can be made to a degree as fast as the next.
ignorance
so you show me an 'independant' driver with no factory backing who has a faster motor then david or andy? may i be correct in saying you have no idea what your talking about.
at the end we all want the fastest motors but sometimes you can have them sometimes you cant,and even if you have the perfect brush/spring and whateva else doesnt mean to say that mottor is the fastest because of other variables.
i admit i dont really know what iam talking about,but iam guessing some people know that already.
so if your in stock and a person has more mototr then you,what do you do?
re gear?different brush springs,what else can you do?
and can you garantee that you will have more power in the next round?
the way i see it in stock everyone has about the same speed but everyone looks for that advantage.its the people that get that setup quicker that wins.
i really cant be arsed to reply to this crappy thread.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You just did...
Old 02-26-2006, 02:00 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by Frank N. Furter
Well, if you didn't think that some drivers are complete sluts and swop ther granny for a better deal then you were naive in the extreme. Yes, there are some drivers who are loyal but it is a two-way street!
Too many drivers (gulible) buy into all the hype (about brand E being better than Brand S, and feeding egos doesn't help when they are sorted a 'special' motor and then go blabbing about having a 'super special' motor'. This then goes round and just p*sses people off, that is why some are so anti-stock. You just make a rod for your own back and at some point somebody will hit you with it.

Well, Bob is Bob and they probably had their own agenda.
As to Mike, well I wouldn't expect him to do anything less than take the BRCA's side and you didn't like it!! Well tough!

i agree i was naive in this bit ,

arguing with mike was the horrible bit not the out come
i won it by the way reason;mike didn`t have the full picture of what was going on,i didn`t like it coz he was wrong (this time)
after i sorted him out he shut up
i like mike ,it was the arguing i didn`t like with him, even steve cann didn`t know the whole story either about the Bobb burr saga

yes i did make a rod for my own back (some times)

I.A.S
i agree to pat each other on the back over here like the usa guy`s
but if you knew more I.A.S then you change your mind
i will send you PM

But the difference here uk guy`s will talk about it openly like here ,
,but it works both way`s again a 2 way street
you all ways get snidy remarks & dig`s all the time, i thought i could handle it but no, i couldn`t in some cases ,other`s just went over me head

i did have a dream ,it didn`t work out ,inexperience in this dealing with the public & company`s & bodies ,proberly & naive

will say this though
Me & Jez got of our arse & had a go ,i didn`t bitch/i saw about the lack of support in stock from Helgar,CML,Mirage coz they didn`t care about 27t/19t classe`s they left a massive hole in the market where jeremy & c-s started at the same time & took control, jez had the north i had south (loosely speaking)
if helgar,mirage & cml put some effort in to supporting these classes before hand instead of concertrating mods ,then there wouldn`t be all these small guy`s going around strutting there stuff mine`s faster then yours ,my dad is bigger then your`s crap
(numbers game ) there were more customers to had in 27t/19t) then mod,the turn over in stocks 27t/19t is a l`ve sold 15 atlas,36monster,9 roars in over friday,sat,monday morning by 11am i had 2 monster left

i did asked my self why i can`t get on with Jez,still don`t know
agument with mike haswell said all this ruling mayhem was caused by scream team drivers pointing at c-sracing team drivers about dodgey motors up bedworth causing all the trouble & Bobb Burr caught the gossip so this started it all off (torc round)
c-s didn`t have any team drivers in that series on that day by the way

All bollocks in the end
All started with `JEALOUS` people with `BIG` mouth`s(if cap fit`s, wear it)

but now i can use who ever i want now & get on with my relationship`s & racing
But i can still do good ideas with motors & EAmotors will be back in the UK soon (i hope) with a far better network then i had
Old 02-26-2006, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by Frank N. Furter
There is too much out of the boot trading and not enough 'proper' businesses, the BRCA should take a lot harder line on this. If they can't be supplied to the shops with a reasonable mark-up then they shouldn't be put on the list.

it depends restriction of trade is a offence by the way
but with you on this
coz i think the BRCA boy`s if they want to help hobby shop`s over here to support this hobby of our`s
this ruling might help

no importer/company can sell on Ebay, if they deal with shop`s then no ebay selling apart from the shop that is stocking it

c-sracing are not allowed to sell on ebay if they sell to shops
i know of one tuner that sells on ebay cheaper then the motors in the shop`s he sell`s to, so how`s the shop going to cope , he would have to sell on ebay '@the same price, i think not

this is a balencing act restriction of trade no one in this world can tell some one weather to start a buisness or not
but if the BRCA want to help the shops to support this hobby
Ebay selling is for shop owners only not importer or tuning company direct
Old 02-26-2006, 02:26 AM
Tech Master

To be fair Colin, ever since I have been racing, it has always been the small guy tuning motors on top of the Stock motor market, even back when you had stock in off-road. And you are right, the complete lack of support from the major distributors is the problem. If they stood in the breach and took on the class, it would be a far different playing feild.

Stock racing is probably the biggest bitching ground going, and all you need is to have a sweet motor geared right and according to some, you got a hooky motor. All I can say is, if you ARE cheating, thats up to you, your win won't be a sweet one and if you get caught, good. If you are not sure as to whether a guy is cheating, keep your gob firmly SHUT until you know for definate.

Cloin, not said it on your other thread as I think you just want to get on with things, you did a stirling job, even when a Mr Stolen accepted a consignment.... I just can't help but wonder if being tooo public you do leave your self open for abuse though, unless you got the thick skin of a cow...

As for the best tuner, the best tuner in the UK for ME is ME, the best person I have found for advice is Colin Witt, and Team ALMIGHTY.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
it depends restriction of trade is a offence by the way
but with you on this
coz i think the BRCA boy`s if they want to help hobby shop`s over here to support this hobby of our`s
this ruling might help

no importer/company can sell on Ebay, if they deal with shop`s then no ebay selling apart from the shop that is stocking it

c-sracing are not allowed to sell on ebay if they sell to shops
i know of one tuner that sells on ebay cheaper then the motors in the shop`s he sell`s to, so how`s the shop going to cope , he would have to sell on ebay '@the same price, i think not

this is a balencing act restriction of trade no one in this world can tell some one weather to start a buisness or not
but if the BRCA want to help the shops to support this hobby
Ebay selling is for shop owners only not importer or tuning company direct
Only thing I would change, if they ARE going to sell on eBay, then the price of the eBay auction SHOULD be the rrp of the motor otherwise it DOES make a mockery of selling to shops. I do think eBay is a good way of a small company maybe selling more motors, but not at the cost of undercutting the shops the tuner supplies.

The BRCA has a vested interest in supporting the LHS, and aren't restricting sales but they, as a governing body, could show their distane by not homologating a motor due to the selling technique. In all honesty though, I would guess MOST tuners sales are done direct and a small amount are sold to shops.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

DA
no probs ,you are right i have opened my self up to abuse & over stepped the mark occasionally
if some one comes up to call me a arse hole i would agree
but if they said it behind my back then they are cowards

over now
wonder if i can get back on racechat now????no threat to any one now

last post
going back to ASK MR JOLLY thread
this gone all over the place this thread
lock it down shane
Old 02-26-2006, 02:50 AM
Tech Master

yeah some people just DO NOT know what they are talking about ah.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:21 AM
Tech Regular

The only reason I can see for the bitching is that, at the end of the day, if you know what your doing, every stock motor can be just as good as the next. In mod nobodys gonna have a car as fast as Moorespeed, but in stock, everyone could go as fast as each other, it's just how well you get round corners etc, hence more competition.
Colin, I can see why there is rivalry between cs-racing and team scream, as they both have the top drivers, and I think every stock national that wasn't won by Ricky was won by team scream or EA. There's nothing wrong with competetion, it's just when it turns to allegations being made then things have gone too far.
Also, sponsored stock drivers changing their sponsor every few months doesn't help anything
I apologise if any of this appears to be bull.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ali Graham
The only reason I can see for the bitching is that, at the end of the day, if you know what your doing, every stock motor can be just as good as the next. In mod nobodys gonna have a car as fast as Moorespeed, but in stock, everyone could go as fast as each other, it's just how well you get round corners etc, hence more competition.
Colin, I can see why there is rivalry between cs-racing and team scream, as they both have the top drivers, and I think every stock national that wasn't won by Ricky was won by team scream or EA. There's nothing wrong with competetion, it's just when it turns to allegations being made then things have gone too far.
Also, sponsored stock drivers changing their sponsor every few months doesn't help anything
I apologise if any of this appears to be bull.
iam not saying no1 has a faster motor then moore obvioulsy marc rheinard and hara have more motor but there is no way an independent driver can have that much motor.
i see what you mean with stock though so a conclusion is buy any reputable motor and cocentrate on car set up.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trf racer
why yopu think i hate stock racing?
its absolute crap.
in mod just stick the mototr in race clean race clean.
no spending money on testing brushes springs or tuning or taking other peoples advice and spending money just to see if it works or not.
whats the point?
mod is soo much easier in the point that you do really jus have to work on the car once the motor is preped and you know how it gonna go from one round to the other,you dont with a stock.
humbug to stock.
COULD EXPLAIN WHY YOU ARE SO DAMN SLOW.....NICE HAT!!!!

LOL you have the hat, the car and probablky all the gear of a world champion, but you dont have the mentallity....

mr rhienhard, ,r spashett etc, could probably run a stock motor faster than your mod right out of the packet..

As for best tuner... me

best supplier was colin witn c-s racing

best advice given....by everyone i pit with....i listen to everything they do and see what works.

Last edited by ooliganRC; 02-26-2006 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mi2dude
COULD EXPLAIN WHY YOU ARE SO DAMN SLOW.....NICE HAT!!!!

LOL you have the hat, the car and probablky all the gear of a world champion, but you dont have the mentallity....

mr rhienhard, ,r spashett etc, could probably run a stock motor faster than your mod right out of the packet..

As for best tuner... me

best supplier was colin witn c-s racing

best advice given....by everyone i pit with....i listen to everything they do and see what works.
pmsl,have you honestly watched any o the top mod boys?
ive watched like 2-3 at almost every round of brca nationals and carpets wars and you know they never change anything on the motor.
of course ive played with springs brushes and timing and ive found the best combo for the motor i use,unfortunatly the motor is a LRP FUSION 4.1 8*2.
this is the lowest wind motor they make so i have got a few other winds coming from another manufacture but waiting for the to arrive.if you think you can get the motors iam using now to go faster then someone come over and give some advice because iam using the same brush spring and timing as adam rogers on his LRP motors.now tell me his slow?even adam get beat down the straight by moore david and grainger and adam is a factory LRP driver same as andy childs and he isnt the fastest in a line.
o and of course you have the mentality dont you?
what was the best result you had in nationals and what class?
mine was A FINAL IN MOD now say it a crap motor to get in the A.this was at the carpet wars 2 day.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trf racer
pmsl,have you honestly watched any o the top mod boys?
ive watched like 2-3 at almost every round of brca nationals and carpets wars and you know they never change anything on the motor.
of course ive played with springs brushes and timing and ive found the best combo for the motor i use,unfortunatly the motor is a LRP FUSION 4.1 8*2.
this is the lowest wind motor they make so i have got a few other winds coming from another manufacture but waiting for the to arrive.if you think you can get the motors iam using now to go faster then someone come over and give some advice because iam using the same brush spring and timing as adam rogers on his LRP motors.now tell me his slow?even adam get beat down the straight by moore david and grainger and adam is a factory LRP driver same as andy childs and he isnt the fastest in a line.
o and of course you have the mentality dont you?
what was the best result you had in nationals and what class?
mine was A FINAL IN MOD now say it a crap motor to get in the A.this was at the carpet wars 2 day.

i rest my case read my post again properly and see the point i was trying to make.....

a stock motor in the hands of spashett, moore, rogers, brunsden...blah blah blah can be as FASTA AS a modified, cos they drive really damn well.

I do have the mentallity as im prepared to try anything, i just dont have the thumbs for it...I admit my failings....but you have a closed mind to anything thats not mod...which is why u have no friends and think a tea cosy belongs on ya head.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

I tell you one thing, if we looking for differences from stock to mod, i see more punting in stock than mod, intended punting that is just a rub or brush that puts the driver off line or spins them out. Reason, 9 times out of 10 they know they ain't likely to be caught as motors are quite similar.

And as for speeds of stock motors, it isn't often you see a stock driver overtake a stock driver down the main straight, so general top end is verey similar, guys, its all in the corners, you don't carry corner speed you don't make time.... and thats car setup, fact.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

trf racer, there is no way you have watched the top mod boys close enough, there are so many subtle changes to mod motors that you obviously aren't spotting. if you think the only things the like of moore, grainger and spash have in there arsenal is more timing then you lost already.

lots lots more variables.... go sleep now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.