Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals Cincinnati, OH

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 03:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

QUESTION:
During tech inspections I noticed a few cars with black rims.
What brand of tire was that....I really like the black rims

Doug
Old 10-11-2006, 04:21 AM
Tech Adept

Doug, I believe they are available at Lightspeed Products.

http://www.lightspeedrc.com
Old 10-11-2006, 04:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flack
QUESTION:
During tech inspections I noticed a few cars with black rims.
What brand of tire was that....I really like the black rims

Doug
Doug
yes lightspeed products has those Tires and rims I used them to win the Masters A main at the race without a Tire change heres there number 254.666.6900

Tim
Old 10-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would like to make a public apology to Vincent Jackson. Vincent ran the Murnan 35+21 all weekend. During his semi final he was hit and severely damaged his exhaust pipe for the last few minutes of the semi. Vincent asked me if I thought we needed to change the connecting rod. I said no, I have never seen one let go with so little time on it. Well I was wrong, due to the increased temps and stresses of running the engine with no pipe for the last part of the semi, the rod failed about 25 minutes into the A final. For this I feel terrible. I probably cost Vincent Jackson a podium finish at the Nationals. Vincent was absolutely flying in the main. He is truly one of the best drivers in the United States. This will never happen again. Sorry Vincent.

Uriah Murnan
Old 10-11-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

wat do you think of those tires? good traction,wear?
Old 10-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

Default The Black Rims

Hello My Name is Jeremy Cupps, We have been racing on the black rim Tires for about 3 years now and we have had good results. They wear extremely good and they fit the mugens and kyoshos perfect, no slop. They have won almost all the south west series races this year, the regionals, and the masters national championship, myself and Scotty Barrera made it to the semis as well. If you have any more questions send mean email at [email protected]

This was by far one of the best races i have ever seen in person. Josh had a terrible start that was the only thing that was bad, with him running could have made it even better. I cant remember the last time ive seen all the top onroad racers at one race like this one. Think back for about Ten or fifthteen
years and all the winners in that time were at this race. It was truly awsome to watch.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

http://www.sgrid.com/2006/october/ci.../ralph-car.jpg
Old 10-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Concourse ...... some really nice paint jobs!

Just a few of the entries:
Attached Thumbnails ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals  Cincinnati, OH-picture-044.jpg   ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals  Cincinnati, OH-picture-045.jpg   ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals  Cincinnati, OH-picture-047.jpg   ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals  Cincinnati, OH-picture-046.jpg  
Old 10-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Terry... Please don't be so modest... Can we please see a pic or two of your winning body?

Congrats to all the Texas guys for a great showing...

I am looking forward to hacking the National Masters Champion in San Antonio in a few weeks..

Congratulations Tim... You made us all proud.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Here's one more for ya Doug!
Attached Thumbnails ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals  Cincinnati, OH-picture-048.jpg  

Last edited by T-BODZ Terry B.; 10-11-2006 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

How bout that Texas Sweep! we took home all the hardware this year! Congrats Ralph, Tim, Terry
Old 10-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grinder
I would like to make a public apology to Vincent Jackson. Vincent ran the Murnan 35+21 all weekend. During his semi final he was hit and severely damaged his exhaust pipe for the last few minutes of the semi. Vincent asked me if I thought we needed to change the connecting rod. I said no, I have never seen one let go with so little time on it. Well I was wrong, due to the increased temps and stresses of running the engine with no pipe for the last part of the semi, the rod failed about 25 minutes into the A final. For this I feel terrible. I probably cost Vincent Jackson a podium finish at the Nationals. Vincent was absolutely flying in the main. He is truly one of the best drivers in the United States. This will never happen again. Sorry Vincent.

Uriah Murnan
You are a stand up guy, Uriah. I would like to publically THANK YOU for saving my weekend. The day before the quals I had blown two Ninjas due to water in my fuel...one was a Murnan. I felt like leaving but Uriah rebuilt one of my Ninjas and I broke in the engine the night before quals. I was a little timid in my first three quals on Friday, but the engine seemed to be strong. And it was. It ran flawlessly for the rest of the weekend and got stronger every tank. Thanks for everything.

Stephen Sohl
Old 10-12-2006, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sohlman, YGPM
Old 10-12-2006, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Doug Darby
Terry... Please don't be so modest... Can we please see a pic or two of your winning body?

Congrats to all the Texas guys for a great showing....

Doug,

Pictures really dont do that body ( or any of the others) justice. You need to see it in person in the sunlight. Maybe Terry can bring it to the next SWCS race.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

The additional video, photos, results, equipment list, report, and everything else, is now posted on SGrid Online Magazine in the news report from the Final. I think now it's the third report from the top of the page, below Art Carbonell's write-up and Sherry's write-up on Sportsmanship.

Photos of Terry Brown and the fantastic body he painted for concours can be found in the bottom photo link, "race winners, tq's, and team photos".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.