Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals Cincinnati, OH

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well said Darin.
The Tri-State club has always welcomed everyone to come race with them. I would like to thank the hard working Ohio club members for offering their track and hard work to host this years 1/8 on road Roar National Championship. Please don't hijack this thread with useless hate. Have a great 2006 race season!
Old 02-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default Track Sizing :-)

Get your eyes checked? Oh now... It's not that bad

However, if your interested.... The web-site does have a place you can look at the aerial views of the track.. It's the older track layout (prior to 2003), however, those little things in the parking lot are ummm cars

www.TSRCAR.com and then select "track"
Old 02-28-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

That video is sweet.. Looks like a lot of traction. Hope it is that way when we race there.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

The traction compound that toledo uses, we also use here in Kissimmee. I just add a little more castor to the mix to give us a consistent feel without having 100+ cars at our state races.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Can you guys get some trophy girls like these!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look how happy Harry looks!!!!
Attached Thumbnails ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals  Cincinnati, OH-trophy-girls.jpg   ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals  Cincinnati, OH-d2x_5069.jpg   ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals  Cincinnati, OH-d2x_5267.jpg   ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals  Cincinnati, OH-d2x_5285.jpg   ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals  Cincinnati, OH-d2x_5288.jpg  

Last edited by rangulo; 03-01-2006 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ralf,
You saving those pictures? You better hide them from your wife..
Hey, Get with me this weekend, I'd like to try to set something up , to head up to This Race wih ya. Gonna Be a Blast .
Old 03-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Suspended

you know, when I told them all to kiss before snapping that, the woman in the middle stuck her tongue out!

I have that photo blown up to 13x19 and it's framed in my bathroom.. j/k!

Originally Posted by rangulo
Can you guys get some trophy girls like these!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look how happy Harry looks!!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Suspended

not to beat a dead horse. but I found out who this user REALLY is... if the webmaster gives me the goahead to blow the whistle, I'll tell who.. (it's amazing what you can find out when users use the SAME IP ADDRESS!!)

Originally Posted by eightscaleracer
Well at least ROAR picked a race organization with more experience running a national event, unlike the 2005 Nats (Kissimme)
Old 03-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Jarrod call me
Old 03-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darint
Ummmm, yeah, we have traction

Let me see if this works, it's a copy from another thread.. If it does work, it's a large video (7:22 minutes) put together by the clubs own RCBob and may give you some idea of the tracks layout and traction...

MWS Highlights from Cincinnati

Let me address two items,

First, while watching the video you'll notice that it was a little cooler than normal during this race Over the last two years we've raced well into November, the temperature after this video for the next two months was in the 70's and 80's... However, I thought the video would be nice for the viewing public to gain a little insight to the track and its layout.

Secondarily, I'd like this thread to focus on the future and not the past. After reading a few of the previous posts I'm consistently surprised (and offended) that anyone would challenge in such a way on a public forum, an either all volunteer organization "ROAR" or a club that has volunteered to spend an extreme amount of time, money and effort to volunteer to promote and host an extremely important event, which is only trying to further OUR hobby, that we all spend time enjoying (just beyond me I guess).

Yeah, I can second that, so does several friends of mine came from Chicago on the Friday night right before the last MWS race last year. I believe the date was almost exactly the same (1st week of October)......temp was like low 40s, day time was around 50s....kinda cool for Florida ppl but OK warm for us MW ppl.........we were worrying about traction untill we landed our 1/8th and 200mm on the track........don't know what exactly HAMILTON ppl added onto their track (shoe glue?), all we can see were "TRACTION ROLL"........can barely walk on the track without leaving the shoe mark onto the track, very very sticky....

Once everyone figure out using hard and small tires.......the track is JUST PLAIN AWESOME.

About VRC version of Hamilton...If they didn't change the layout this year, the VRC verion (Hamilton 03 WORLD, not 02) is exactly the same as the layout from last year October time period.

I will deifinitely die trying to pull another "Honey, I have a 3 days Engineer continue education seminar @ Cincy and will be back MONDAY" stunt again this year....works pretty good last year.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks Rookie Solara for the track rendition. If you need a note for the wife, le me know. I can write you one. lol
Old 03-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

During discussions on thread, it's amazing with technology these days, no one is really anonymous. There are always consequences to your actions.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Suspended

I have been given permission to disclose the user:

"eightscaleracer" signed on with the same IP address as the user "rcbob"
Old 03-04-2006, 05:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Knowing a IP addressed only tells you what computer a message came from NOT the person who sent the message. If many people have access to a computer you can't truly prove who sent the message. There is software underground that a person can send a message using your IP addressed plus other software that will send a false IP.
Jim
Old 03-04-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
Thanks Rookie Solara for the track rendition. If you need a note for the wife, le me know. I can write you one. lol
Eli, I need to start writing the script and make sure it work this time....last year was a close call when my wife found out all of my RC car were gone on that weekend...........I told her I dropped those cars to the hobby shop for yearly service.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.