Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electric Rustler Speeds

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Electric Rustler Speeds

Anyone have any information on how fast an Electric Rustler can go out of the box? And what kinds of upgrades I can get, I'm new to all of this. No site ever posts speeds or anything...
Old 02-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tree95z
Anyone have any information on how fast an Electric Rustler can go out of the box? And what kinds of upgrades I can get, I'm new to all of this. No site ever posts speeds or anything...
One reason speeds are not listed is because it depends on the conditions and the equipment used. With so many variables (batteries, esc, motor, tires, etc.) the numbers become rather useless.

As far as upgrades go, start with the Traxxas website. Ebay, Tower Hobbies, or your LHS are also good.

-Darrel
Old 03-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

The RTR rusty is fairly slow out of the box. I think using a 'typical' sport's pack, you're looking at about 18mph.

However, these things can get up and boogy. They're very heavy so first thing to do is lighten the chassis and other parts. Get a nice ESC and a stock/modified motor. The 20-turn stinger motor is... well.... pissweak.

Keep in mind the stock rusty does not come with bearings so there's a bit of speed to be had with that simple mod. Go for the RPM upgraded bearing carriers as the standard 5x8 size will smash after one hard landing.

The good news is that these trucks are unbreakable.

Check out www.ultimatetraxxas.com for some ideas. Ive done mine up to "Phase III specs" for very little cost, a lot of fun and it's *nearly* competetive on the track.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Bit_Rusty
The RTR rusty is fairly slow out of the box. I think using a 'typical' sport's pack, you're looking at about 18mph.

However, these things can get up and boogy. They're very heavy so first thing to do is lighten the chassis and other parts. Get a nice ESC and a stock/modified motor. The 20-turn stinger motor is... well.... pissweak.

Keep in mind the stock rusty does not come with bearings so there's a bit of speed to be had with that simple mod. Go for the RPM upgraded bearing carriers as the standard 5x8 size will smash after one hard landing.

The good news is that these trucks are unbreakable.

Check out www.ultimatetraxxas.com for some ideas. Ive done mine up to "Phase III specs" for very little cost, a lot of fun and it's *nearly* competetive on the track.
So what motor to I swap it with?
Old 03-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tree95z
So what motor to I swap it with?
Honestly, it would be much cheapier to just sell your rustler and buy a used electric truck off ebay or this site. It will run you well over $100 to get over 20mph with the rustler.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

do you go raceing or bashing? and do you want to get a stock mod. or just a pure mod? for stock mod motor ... i like p2k2 pro or a havok or chamlon 2 pro for pure mod.. i like p94 mf1 ede. hope this help you....