Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Professor

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Dustin, awesome job with the SCOORS series, and congrats to JP on a good run this past weekend as well. Are all the tracks up your way running by ROAR rules, or are you able to run 4200's?

As was said, during our matching process with the new Worlds cells, we had a handfull of cells that vented during cycling or matching. We do not sell cells that we find have vented, so I set all the vented cells aside and built a few 4-cell packs for racing this weekend. These cells still had plenty of rip.

The website has been updated with the IB4200 Worlds Cells. All cells are 1.230+ with 460+ sec. at 35 amps. We have also switched over to using Intellect battery bars for all pack building. We have found these bars to be the overall best bar on the market. They solder much easier than any bar we have used, and fit extremely well on the 4200's.

Brian
Old 11-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Everyone,

I'm going to be out of town for the Ovalmasters today through Sunday. Any orders received will be processed Monday.

We are also currently out of stock of our IB4200 Worlds cells. We should have a fresh batch in within the next few weeks.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 11-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Great job Brian! STOCK 5th place "A" Main finish at the OVALMASTERS this weekend. The stock field had many past and present ROAR and SnowBird National Champions. RCprofessor 4200 Batts. and CO27 motor's powered his ride. Congrates go's out to Jody Miller for the win in stock. It was a great weekend of close racing for all at the 2006 ovalmasters.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Had a great time at the Ovalmasters this weekend finishing 5th in the Stock A-main against a tough crowd. 122 total entries made for some awesome racing for three solid days.

I want to thank Charlie Yates for using RC Professor IB 4200 Worlds cells to power his 1/12th scale 19T car in the A-main. Charlie had a great run going in the 4th position until he had some trouble in traffic. Congrats to Charlie on the A-main finish.

With the IB 4200 World cells still being fairly new, we are constantly learning new things. Several of us at the Ovalmasters experimented with different charge rates throughout the weekend. We played with charge amperage from 6A to 8.5A, and found that charging at 7.0-7.5A is ideal. I used 7.0A all weekend, and the track performance was excellent with no drop off in performance late in the run. At 7A, charge capacity easily exceeded 4600mah and peak voltage and temperature was no higher than charging at 6A. At 8 and 8.5A, peak capacity was lower and peak voltage was a little higher. Just some information I thought I would share to help with that extra performance edge.

Brian
Old 11-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Been Buisy at some Big Races

Well I have been busy these past couple of weeks.

October 29 was the CRCRC Halloween race. Some good talent came out to run at the club that is know for their electric racing, traction, and Midwinter Midwest Champs that are run every Jan. The qualifying proved tough for me sitting in the back of the pack in the A of 2wd mod. Teammate JP Richards was TQ and used his position to lead most of the race but got hunted down in the end.

After the dust had settled at the 2006 CRCRC Electric Race in 2wd Mod JP Richards took 2nd and Dustin Richards took 3rd.

The Stock 2wd Racing at this race was fierce as well with the top three guys being very close. In the end JP Richards won 2wd stock Dustin Richards taking 5th in the class.

The week following the CRCRC Halloween race was 2006 DirtFest Hosted by FasTraxx and sponsored by Panther Tire. The race consisted with open practice on Fri. 3 Quals on Sat. last chance Qual on Sun. and Triple A Main Format.

The track was tight, tricky, deceiving and had a European style vert wall that must have been at a 90-degree angle if you looked at it. The dirt looked like a pink taper pin track but tires like Switch 2.0 and 1.0, Bobcat, and even the Pro-Line Fuzzie made appearances at time when the track was right.

Dustin Richards Qualified 3rd overall in 2wd Mod with JP Richards holding down 7th. In 4wd Mod Dustin Richards was TQ having the single fastest run on the track that weekend. Some of the best drivers in the region showed up for this race and the racing was always close due to the size of the track and the talent that was on it.

After 4 Rounds of Quals and 3 Mains Dustin Richards was 4th in 2wd Mod with JP Richards taking 9th. In 4wd taking advantage of that TQ was Dustin Richards again setting the fastest run on the track that weekend.

JP and I would like to thank all the people that ran and ran in these 2 races. They were both a blast and they were ran well.

We would also like to thank the people that support us, Team Tekin, J-Concepts, R/C Professor, BK Paintwerks, Team Lunsford, and Panther Tire.

For both races the power was smooth, the cars and bodies ran well, the batteries had punch, the cars looked cool, the Ti never broke, and cars stayed hooked up keeping us in contention for the wins.

Our next big race is the Planet RC Winterfest that is on the second week of December. This race is assured to attract some of the best talent in the World. In the past there have seen National and World champs as well as some of the best names in the industry like Maifield, Pudge, Truie, Thilke, and Robbers, just to name a few. This year is sure to be more of the same as the Planet RC was the host to the 2006 ROAR Mod Nats. If you attend this race give us a shout out as we love to meet new people in this industry.

The pics attached are from these weekends.
Attached Thumbnails RC Professor-mini-crcrc-holloween-race-stock-truck-mod-buggy.jpg   RC Professor-mini-crcrc-holloween-race-richards-buggy-pic.jpg   RC Professor-mini-panther-diftfest-2006-fastraxx3.jpg   RC Professor-mini-panther-diftfest-2006-fastraxx4.jpg  
Old 12-01-2006, 04:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Just a quick FYI .... We are doing a re-Build of our web site and it will be down for a while. The server we where on had some major hardware problems and we had to be moved off it. Thanks to all that have supported us for the past 3 years. We should have everything back up and on-line in the next 3 or 4 days with a new look.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Well our website is back up on-line.... very Vanilla at this time. We have had a nightmare of a time with our HOSTING service. Brian and I have been checking out some other providers and have made the decision to switch hosts. We will have the new site up and runnning with much greater content after the first of the year. I want to thank all of you that have be patient with us. Duane
Old 01-08-2007, 06:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Congrats Goes to Brian for Winning the A main at the SnowBirds Warm up race at TRD Hobbies and Raceway Salisbury, NC. this past Saturday.

Our New web site is now up and running with a new provider. at RCPROFESSOR.NET We will be adding to it as time goes on.

Both rcprofessor.com and rcprofessor.net are live for ordering our products.

We are getting ready for the Snowbirds... and look forward to having a lot of fun in FL. Hope to see alot of you there.

Duane
Old 01-08-2007, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Awsome Job Brian and Team.. I saw that sunday am.. Glad to see all your hard work paying off... KIT, I'll see ya's at The Birds...
Old 01-08-2007, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by John Tag
Awsome Job Brian and Team.. I saw that sunday am.. Glad to see all your hard work paying off... KIT, I'll see ya's at The Birds...
Thanks Tag. We will see you at the Birds. How did the on-road warmup go on Sunday?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Not Bad.. Small crowd.. But good for testing.. Anthony Saunders won stock foam and Chris Smith won 1/12 stock..Just like old days for Chris..LOL Joey showed and had a blast on the rug.. All in All a good day.. See Ya soon...
Old 01-21-2007, 03:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Congrats and Awsome job to Brian Card for the Stock A main win at the SnowBird's warm up race held at the Greeneville R/C Speedway, Greenville TN.
Now thats 2 A main wins with 2 differend cars at 2 different tracks, so it must be the batteries and motors giving you all that speed. HUH!

LOL...........no Brian has worked very hard to get the set up on these cars just right. Last week this car was a full lap slower, with same motors and batteries that took the win this weekend. He worked on the setup and picked up a lap. Now it doesn't hurt to have a little bit of luck and a great driver also along with those professor batteries and motors.

Looking forward to the Birds.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congrads on the Birds practice race. Now just the A-Main or bust for the Proff at the Birds this year. Many of us will be watching live pulling for the Proff.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Brian Thanks you Dustin,
We are looking forward to going down to Florida for the birds. Its been very busy as of late. We have hard time keeping up with high demand for the high voltage stuff with all the big races and adding some new team drivers and all. Its time to relax and take in some great racing, have a cold beer and catch up with some old friends and meet some new ones. You have to plan on comming down next year Dustin. Brian's going to run 19T and Stock this year with a little luck and a clean line he should be okay.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Initiate

All orders received as of today at noon have been shipped. We will not be shipping any more products till we get back from the Bird's, on Tues 2/13/05.

Rod, we have your batteries and will get them to you tomarrow in FLA.
We will have a very-very limited (high voltage Batteries) with us at the birds due to the demand in the last couple of weeks. Brian and I will be getting in around 4:00 PM. First come First served on the Batteries.

On our New web site WWW.RCProfessor.net The Team Drivers button is set up. The password is snowbird We will be putting some pictures and movie-clips up from the birds on this page, (oval and on-road)for all of you to enjoy that could not make the trip this year. After we get back from the birds Team drivers will use this page to order there goodies. Thanks all and see ya at the Birds!

Duane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.