Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/12th scale sedan bodies - where to get? >

1/12th scale sedan bodies - where to get?

1/12th scale sedan bodies - where to get?

Old 02-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 1/12th scale sedan bodies - where to get?

I am looking for ten sedan bodies to fit the typical 1/12th scale pan car. I found a 1971 Greenwood Corvette on Ebay that was made by Bolink. That would be the perfect body, but I need ten for a special invitational race that we are doing with the Carpet Racing League in Michigan. Any leads on where Steve Rule is now and what might have happened to those old Bolink molds? Or any suggestions for where I can get 1/12th scale sedan bodies - hopefully anything but NASCAR? Mini, Honda Civic, Ford Focus???

Thanks,
Keith
Old 02-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

They make them for 1/12 touring car. I'm not sure if its Corally or X-Ray.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

YOKOMO MAKES ONE!
Old 02-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If the mold still exists, you might be able to get Bud Bartos to knock out some of the 1/12 scale VW Rabbit bodies that were used as a spec body back in the early 90's.
Keep us posted on the body you end up using. It might be fun to put on a race where everybody uses the same crappy handling body.

D.P.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

I emailed Bud about that today. Bolink did those for his Crazy Rabbit Race. I did find that Steve Rule is still open for business, but has sold Bolink. He is operating Big Daddys Hobbies and still has lots of the old molds. I have emailed him too. http://bigdaddyshobbies.com/MoldList.html

We want to use something different for an invitational race for the top 10 finishers from the Carpet Racing League series. The ten invited will run the special sedan style body on their 1/12th scales. We will give the bodies to the competitors the morning of the race for some practice, then race four main events. The starting order for the first one will be inverted from the season points finishing positions. The second will start inverted based on the finish of main one and then so on. We'll add up points for each of the four mains and crown one invitational winner.

Parma has set us up with 10 classic muscle car bodies for the Touring car invitational class. It's just going to be really fun to watch. We'll try to get video out there. For sure, we'll send photos and a video to Parma for their site.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

There is a company in England that makes bodies including reporduction bodies for Tamiya, Kyosho and Mardave. If you are not familar with Mardave, they make a car called the V12. The V12 is a simple 1/12th scale car. The bodies will likely fit a regular 12th scale car. The link is http://www.kamtec.co.uk Also if you do a search for Mardave, you can probably find dealers in the UK that staock original Mardave bodies.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default sedan bodies for 1/12 scale

delta plastik 1/12 scale bodies

Yokomo and Xray make stratus bodies for their 1/12 scale TC.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

I have a Xray T1M for sale... it has never been run ..... make an offer...
Old 02-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You might want to check this out:

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...?catmainid=412
Old 02-25-2006, 07:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Try Parma - They might be able to help as they used to make quite a few bodies and probably still have all the moulds.
MRP or Associated might still have something on the shelf.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.mcallisterracing.com/racing/page12.html

http://www.vansinvent.com/

http://members.fbx.com/~rmurdock/windtunnel/Bodies.html

Hope those are a help....
Old 02-25-2006, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

One thing to keep in mine, those recent 1/12th Touring car thingy from Yokomo and Xray, their body's wheel opening are a lot bigger then the 1/12th pan cars....so even though you can mount those Xrya/Yokomo 12th body on them, I can imagine they will look extreme "stupid" from the side because of the big different in diameter between rubber TC car and the low-profile 12th scale tires...

I do have a FORD Truck body design for 12th pan car....and I think it might be from PARMA....it is no touring car, but it is something in between GTP and TC (truck...LOL)
Old 03-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is this touring body a misprint?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stats-Super-Tour...QQcmdZViewItem
It says 1/12.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Attached is a photo of the best paint winner from the race. James Reilly painted both cars. Parma helped us out with touring muscle cars and 1971 Corvette's for 1/12th scale. The 1/12th scales were a blast to drive. It was a really fun race. We are putting toghether a video for release soon. Look for it here and we'll get it to the folks at Parma for their website, if they want to use it.
Attached Thumbnails 1/12th scale sedan bodies - where to get?-crl-best-paint.jpg  
Old 03-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Hey Keith,

Those bodies look sweet. Reminds me of the IROC Camaro race at the Trinity Shootout in 1992. They took 5 stock drivers and 5 mod drivers from the A-mains and they all mounted IROC bodies with working headlights and tail lights. Then they turned out the lights in the ballroom and they raced that way.

Jeff