Can you race top level with a traxxas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you race top level with a traxxas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

In response to the original question of the thread, "Has anyone won any major competitions with an offroad truck like a Traxxas..." The answer is yes. If you look at the Evader ST, it is the Losi XXT. I don't know if Traxxas bought the molds from Losi when they stopped production or what, but it's the same truck. I think Brian Kinwald won the ROAR nats with a XXT back in the day. I think it's the same with the Evader buggy as well. Losi XX CR. Again, Kinwald won the ROAR nats with it. So yes. Traxxas trucks can be very competitive.

Tony
Old 02-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Duratrax trucks are nothing like Traxxas trucks. The XXT was very similar to the Evader, but neither one was anything like the Rustler. Here is our ongoing Rustler Project, just to give you an idea of what it looks like... www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/RustlerProject.html. We just got the rims and tires all mounted and dyed up, now we need internal tranny gears (Aluminum and delrin parts) to complete the tranny. The MIP CVD's we just got will be used in place of the stock driveshafts.

If you want to see a Rustler that will kick good ol' Gabe's Losi on the track, go to www.UltimateTraxxas.com. Pretty sick Rusty if you ask me!

I don't hate Losi, I actually love Losi. They have their purpose, and Traxxas has their purpose. It's not right to ask a stock Rustler to go out on the track and get first in the B-Main, but then again it isn't fair to ask a stock MF2 to go on top of a set of concrete stairs and drive off at full throttle and survive without breaking something either. The Rusty is a lot stronger, but the MF2 is a lot lighter. The Rusty is also 12 YEARS OLD!!!!!! The MF2 is a newbie compared to the Rustler. It's a basher by nature, not a racer. Get that through your head Gabe.

As for where I got my info.....

http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...cat=143&id=484

And my statement about the TNX...

http://tamiya.com/english/info/maxx_challenge/index.htm

Ever heard of the RC Pro Series? I didn't think so. What about the Pro=Line MAXX Challenge? Nope, oh well... nobody can be a genious at everything. Looks like R/C just isn't your cup of tea.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Lightbulb

Yeah I'm a dufas... duraTRAX, TRAXxas... It's close.... Sorta... Maybe... Isn't it?
Old 02-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Suspended

Who is gabe anyway? Tell everyone who he is? How long was he on the site? What did he finally do to get everyone to hate him?
Old 02-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Suspended

Who is gabe anyway? Tell everyone who he is? How long was he on the site? What did he finally do to get everyone to hate him? Is he in the forum anymore?
Old 02-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Suspended

Who is gabe anyway? Tell everyone who he is? How long was he on the site? What did he finally do to get everyone to hate him? Is he in the forum anymore? What did he do?
Old 02-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Suspended

Ok i am sorry for the above posts. I was trying to post that in the other thread and EVERY time i posted that it ended up in this one. I dont know what is wrong. Sorry...
Old 02-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jhyten
Nikko is way better than Traxxas. Dont you remember the Grasshopper 2. The grasshopper 2s shocks were not independant therefore all 4 wheels would always touch the ground at the same time. Traxxas is inferior to Nikko
what? nikko? better than traxxas? are you insane? oh, how bout this; i will compare a nikko monster truck with my t-maxx. lets see...

go to www.freewebs.com/johnsinventions to see the difference, go to the "trax. vs. nikko" page.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

my only question or response to this is...how many threads is this guy gonna start? He has like 12 on the first page alone...not to mentin the off-road forum is the slowest moving one. Isnt there some rules for spamming or something...
Old 02-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Suspended

No there is no rule about what im doing so pipe down. And yes Nikko products are FAR superior to traxxas
Old 02-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jhyten
No there is no rule about what im doing so pipe down. And yes Nikko products are FAR superior to traxxas
uh ,let me get this straight, are you saying that nikko products are BETTER than traxxas?

first, know the definition of superior ; Higher than another in rank, station, or authority. DUH!!!

second, have you looked at my site? comparing the two? in case you didnt see that, here it is www.freewebs.com/johnsinventions go to the "trax. vs. nikko" page, and read.

or, are you talking about another "nikko"?
Old 02-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Suspended

You must be crazy to think your traxxas is superior to a Nikko. Have you seen a nikko in action. Bone stock right off the shelf of radio shack they can smoke the wheels off a traxxas. Usually when you buy the nikko you need to downgrade your parts because you are much much too fast!
Old 02-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

radio shack should be called radio $#!t, because they just go after your pocket, giving noobs a bad impresion of r/c , because thier cars SUCK. do you believe a RADIO SHACK CRAP CAR is faster than a t-maxx? or even a rustler, or bandit? i dont think so. can you upgrade a crappy radio$#!t car easily? NO. radioshack is for losers, kids, and people who are extremely stupid. you should not buy from there.

actually, i think you are odd. anyone should have the common sense to know that a radio$#!t car IS $#!t.

Last edited by Johnathan; 02-19-2006 at 07:23 PM. Reason: editing spelling
Old 02-19-2006, 07:21 PM
Suspended

The one you can buy at radio shack! Are you crazy! There is only ONE Nikko. DO NOT EVER imply that there could possibly be two different Nikkos! There has always been one and will ever only be one NIKKO. They are the best around. They would blow the doors off your traxxas. And are you crazy to call Nikko a toy? Your audacity amazes me! If i were to go buy a nikko from radio shack right now for 29.99 i would have to downgrade my parts to cheaper ones and cheaper motor and esc just to give you a chance!
Old 02-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

are you mental? does anyone else think that nikko is better than traxxas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.