Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 pre Nationals Crystal park r/c raceway

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by garen
I won't get involved with this one, but it does sound like he is giving his opinion/advice...maybe not in the best way possible, but still; and I think he is one of the guys that races there often.
James, call me, I got some questions for you- 626-338-3815 x103
Thanks
If you agree then I guess you guys must be friends and hang out at the same gay bar.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

OOOh ouch!

I haven't been to crystal park as yet, however my hat is always tipped to the person(s) who put the time and effort to have a place for racers to race, and a growth point for our hobby. We all know there are not enough people who are willing to sacrifice their time and efforts to give us this opportunity. I plan on being there for the nationals and a club race before then, and as always will shake the hand of the person who runs the show. I have done so every where I have raced and James will do the same when we meet.

We all have our opinions but sometimes need to express them in a better manner. I know the person who made the statement and he is also a person willing to work to keep our hobby growing, and to make it better tomorrow then yesterday. The idea I am assuming has validity, just wording could have been better!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default mtx4

yo fool e o where u at!
Old 03-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

NO need to keyboard bang!!! I'm sure this can be discussed like real men!!! Everyone can put in their opinion and all the flaws can be fixed and we can get back to racing and having fun.

Originally Posted by haterpatrol
If you agree then I guess you guys must be friends and hang out at the same gay bar.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Arno,
You are the man...
Old 03-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Arno, hows it going man?? this is Leo.... What have you been upto lately...havent seen you around...

HaterPatrol....these forums are outlets for us to express our feelings and views towards the hobby...that is the whole layout of the forum! No one is hiding anything behind our computers but rather giving ideas to how we would like things for the future...and dont worry we do express these views at the track but the whole point why they are also expressed on the net so that a wide range of people can see it and also give their opinion. That way there can be a consesus on how everyone views a specific item and than go to a track owner with any complaints. And for you to come out and start bashing people deters new comers not only to the track u seem to so passionatly protecting but to the hobby overall...

As for James: I think he is doing everything in his power to provide the best possible track for us racers and we all appreciate it. There have been past problems before and he was more than happy to listen to these problems and try to fix them with the racer in mind. We also have to remember that the rules that are put forth are the rules for everybody and not just for one person. I say: Good Job James, Keep up the Good Job, and lets drop this!

Leo
Old 03-09-2006, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reeso
ROAR is renting crystal park r/c raceway ...for the nationals.
ROAR race team will be running the race program..
any Questions in how it will be run.. please go to roarracing.com..
post your questions...
as far as crystal park r/c club races...the racers choose the way they would like to start the quals.. and the mains...prior to the race...
there is more than one way to start...the bottom line is the clock....
and if you have an idea or need info or questions.. it is always good to ask
but to call someone or something dumb.. and you don't know the deal...thats not very smart...
i do this for the fun... i get advice from the guys who come here to race..
it makes me no difference where or how the cars start.. if the racers vote on it... you make it seam so personal...
i've been to many races off road and on road.. i've seen it done 4 different ways...who's to say or where does it say if you don't do it like this your a dummy ?
My advice to you is .....speak up before the race or while it's going on maby things can be changed or you can understand why it is being done the way it is...
big man on the internet = Small man in person....
people who want to help in r/c racing ask... what can i do to help the sport
people who track bash or racer bash or city bash = HATE ers.....
we should all be thankfull for every nitro track that is up and running..and every club that runs in a parking lot........
Crystal park r/c raceway.... has LOVE for the r/c sport.....and everyone that helps to make the sport better....
to all the r/c tracks on the west coast . we love you....

First of all I love racing at CP have been driving out 400 miles about 10 times a year to race there for the last 5 years. I never called anyone a dummy, what I said was and it is my opinion and I am entitled to it was that the way the qualifiers were started was dumb. Thats all. As far as saying something before the event I would have had there been a drivers meeting. My name is Brad Toffelmire and most of you know me so I am not hiding behind a key board. I did ask James a few questions on Friday and I really like the guy a lot , but I think he needs some more help because it is too much for one guy to handle at least on race day.

Any one who has a problem with that ........................too bad, your entitled to your opinion just like I am.

Peace!
Old 03-09-2006, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sfelish
OOOh ouch!

I haven't been to crystal park as yet, however my hat is always tipped to the person(s) who put the time and effort to have a place for racers to race, and a growth point for our hobby. We all know there are not enough people who are willing to sacrifice their time and efforts to give us this opportunity. I plan on being there for the nationals and a club race before then, and as always will shake the hand of the person who runs the show. I have done so every where I have raced and James will do the same when we meet.

We all have our opinions but sometimes need to express them in a better manner. I know the person who made the statement and he is also a person willing to work to keep our hobby growing, and to make it better tomorrow then yesterday. The idea I am assuming has validity, just wording could have been better!

I call them like I see them, but what is funny to me are the people who bash someone for posting his opinion and saying that he only says it over the internet and anyone who knows me which is the majority of the people at the track (CP) bash me behind a screen name...........get a life or your own opinions.

Brad Toffelmire racing at a track near you very soon.

Peace!
Old 03-09-2006, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by haterpatrol
If you had a problem why didn't you say something while you were at the track?
I guess you didn't want to come across as a dumb ass.
Be a man not a internet geek talk to the owner not your key broad and screen.

Haterpatrol?
Thats a pretty intelligent post...............

Who are you? You obviously don't know me?
Old 03-09-2006, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Hey James,
ROAR can run the race, start it how ever they like, but you better be DJing the music, dawg! I'm not traveling out there from NY to hear some boring ass announcer...LOL You create a great atmosphere for some fun racing. Can't wait for June.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Default ok

everything will be just fine everyone just concentrate on getting me in the A main that should take energy off of this issue you know who i am I also need a juice box & some coffee
Old 03-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hatepatrol, please come by and say hi at the next race.
I have a few opinions and suggestions to give to James after the race last weekend, and although it is completely fair to post them here, I would rather tell it to him in person or over the phone. Are these forums not for people to express their views and share ideas?
Old 03-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Default Mugen USA

James is doing the best he can under the circumstances lets all be patient and work with him not against him. When you take your argument to the enternet it creats problems maybe it would be better to address someone face to face instead of puting him on blast on the internet.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Robbie C YGPM

Leo V.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

i said i need a juice box & some coffee please some one lets just get ready for the next race keep it movin my 3R & I ARE going out with are friend yack oops wrong forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.