Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

No matter who they from they are excellent
Old 08-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
TOP ceramic diff balls and ceramic thrust bearing isn't by Jaad !!
Well they look identical and I am told they are the same too...
Old 08-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
Hey Guys,

I've updated the TOP USA site: www.topracingusa.com and added an IIC coverage section. I'll try to update on there as much as I can.

EJ
Hey EJ good luck and do not lose to much on the slots.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just asking around guys, how would you compare a TOP Scythe and a HB Cyclone???

What are the pros and cons of both cars??? Any major difference in overall handling, performance, quality and pricing?? I know the Scythe is using Cyclone's suspension components so what are the differences that separates these two beast???

Thnx in advance....
Old 08-28-2008, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I could have sworn I saw someone here post that they bought the TC5 spool slipper plates but I can't find the post. If anyone has, can they let me know if they fit and if they do, how the car feels.

I ran outside for the first time last night and had a blast but I could have done with some brakes at the end of the straight. The one way doesn't really offer me that. I ran the same set up as I ran on carpet (rubber) and the car felt good. Could have done with more steering but apart from that and the one way it felt very good.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tpg racer

What are the pros and cons of both cars??? Any major difference in overall handling, performance, quality and pricing?? I know the Scythe is using Cyclone's suspension components so what are the differences that separates these two beast???

Thnx in advance....
Come on guys....anyone????
Old 08-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

To be honest there is very little between them. Weight distribution and suspension geometry and almost identical. The only differences are in componentry (perhaps one appeals more to you), and in the past the "original" Scythe was a lot more flexible than a Cyclone although the Scythe has got gradually stiffer while the Cyclone has got gradually softer!
Old 08-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sosidge
To be honest there is very little between them. Weight distribution and suspension geometry and almost identical. The only differences are in componentry (perhaps one appeals more to you), and in the past the "original" Scythe was a lot more flexible than a Cyclone although the Scythe has got gradually stiffer while the Cyclone has got gradually softer!
So to be honest, which would you choose Sosidge and why??? The Cyclone or the Scythe??? Which would be easier to setup, maintain and is quick right out of box without further upgrading or changing of component parts??

Sorry to the die hards of Scythe for bringing this question in a Scythe thread...
Old 08-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

I choos for the TOP Scythe.
The HB is easy with changing spurgear and pinion but i like the handling of the TOP more.
For me it's TOP on nr1
nr2 is HB and nr3 is the Xray T2'008.

Now i want the new TOP
Old 08-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

So to be honest, which would you choose Sosidge and why??? The Cyclone or the Scythe??? Which would be easier to setup, maintain and is quick right out of box without further upgrading or changing of component parts??

Sorry to the die hards of Scythe for bringing this question in a Scythe thread...
Naturally I choose the Scythe! But I am sponsored to run it...

Cyclone is a good car too. Really you can't go wrong with either one, most important consideration is parts availability, tuning options and which one inspires you more.

Scythe has every part you can imagine, in fact probably even more possible options than the Cyclone! Parts support here in the UK is also very good, yes you may think I am "sponsored" to say that, but having seen the stocks with my own eyes I know that the availability is excellent, I have never had a problem getting a part and I have tested most of them at one point or another.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

sosidge, a couple of questions for you

1 What spacers do you run under the toe blocks

and what sort of set up do you run outside as I was racing the other weekend at halifax and could not get the rear to stick, any tips for this car running outside and indoor?
Old 08-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jamesalex
sosidge, a couple of questions for you

1 What spacers do you run under the toe blocks

and what sort of set up do you run outside as I was racing the other weekend at halifax and could not get the rear to stick, any tips for this car running outside and indoor?
1. I have been running 2mm under the front blocks and 1mm under the rears for a little while.

2. The key is to get the car to generate less steering. It has monster steering as standard and you will never get the rear grip to match the front. Outdoors on a big track like Halifax something a simple as decrease the steering lock with the dual-rates will help, you don't need much lock around there. Indoors, decreasing lock is not the answer, so that is why I tend to run the higher front roll centre (more spacers under the blocks), this takes away front grip and makes the car smoother.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

That is good to hear i was going that way for the indoor season have you tried the new car yet?
Old 08-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jamesalex
That is good to hear i was going that way for the indoor season have you tried the new car yet?
No, I'm afraid I haven't, I don't believe the new car we built up has been run by anyone yet, just been on display.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Thnx in advance....

I just sold an Andy Moore HB and I have the TOP now, older one not the brand new one. Both are excelent cars and will be great, the biggest thing to consider is parts. I've had very little success in getting parts from TOP here in my part of the US, and no lhs carries the HB parts either. I'd suggest checking with your lhs or perfered on-line site and see how avalible parts are before you buy either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.