Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
 HPI Nitro RS4 3 vs. Associated NTC3 RTR >

HPI Nitro RS4 3 vs. Associated NTC3 RTR

Old 12-01-2002, 06:44 AM
Tech Rookie

I have been drivven electric 1/10 and 1/18 in many years but now want i nitro car.....

Wich one of these two is the best??? HPI Nitro RS4 3 or Associated NTC3 RTR???

M@rk
Old 12-01-2002, 06:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

tc3 is the best HPI is shite!
Old 12-01-2002, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default Racing or playing?

It really depends on what you intend for the car.

Racing, the NTC3 is hands down better.

Bashing/playing I would go for the HPI Nitro 3/RTR 3.
Probally will take the abuse of street play better than the NTC3. Just my opinion from racing HPI's for years and having many friends with NTC3's.
Old 12-01-2002, 04:13 PM
Tech Initiate

The type of car you chose should be durable and also fast. I myself have started 3 years ago with an HPI nitro RS4. A year later I purchased a HPI Nitro Racer 2. I then sold my Nitro RS4 to a new nitro racer like yourself. I enjoy my HPI very much as it is very strong and I win races. The only proble in the HPI engine is not that strong and you will need to change piston rings and sleeves ofter. I now have Novarossi engine on my car for the past year with no problems and love it. Since you are new to the nitro world I would find out where the local nitro racing club and track are located and go watch and talk with the racers there. You will pick up a lot more from them than you could on any forum.
Nitro clubs are always looking for new members and are very glad to help you get started. Nitro racing is not cheap so if your looking to just run around a parking lot stick with your electric car. If you want the thrill of real compitition and meet others who enjoy racing, nitro is the way to go. Remember take your time and talk with the people at your track and local hobby supplier before making a purchase. Most in our club have the HPI Racer2 one has a Racer3 and 1 a Kyosho. The Racer3 is still newand has yet to make a good showing at our track but the Kyosho and Racer2 are screemers. A used HPI Nitro Racer 2 and a new Novarossi engine is the way I would go to start out. Now that many are upgrading to the Racer3 you should find some good bargins on a used HPI Racer2.
Old 12-02-2002, 09:48 AM
Tech Rookie

are u talking about the rtr3 or the ss 3?
Old 12-02-2002, 09:56 AM
Tech Rookie

its real easy to make a rs4 3 competitve, even if you get the rtr, heres a pic of my rs4 3 that's fast enough to keep up with tc3s
Attached Thumbnails  HPI Nitro RS4 3 vs. Associated NTC3 RTR-after-11.jpg  
Old 12-02-2002, 12:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

i think id go with ntc3 rtr in this case but it needs a two speed so its going to cost more
Old 12-28-2002, 06:08 PM
Tech Initiate

i don't own a nitro touring car yet but when i do buy one i will spend my money on the assoc. rtr. (street racing/bashing with neighbors) one has the rs4 rtr w/2 speed the other has the assoc.rtr no 2 speed. the assoc. car kicks the rs4's hind parts real good. can't wait to put the 2 speed into the assoc car. this thing should fly
Old 01-01-2003, 11:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you intend to race, you need the TC3,
However if you want to drive in parking lots where you will come along some non prepared surfaces, than get the HPI. HPI's are the best in the buisness when it comes to building a parking lot basher.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I LIKE THE RTR 3

VERY GOOD CAR. HERES A PICTURE. I HAVE A NOVAMEGA BIG BLOCK M.S.15 TURBO
Attached Thumbnails  HPI Nitro RS4 3 vs. Associated NTC3 RTR-picture-112s.jpg  

Last edited by duumdude; 01-16-2003 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2003, 08:58 AM
Tech Chat Moderator

Yeah, in the past, i might of said go for the hpi cuz i have the nrs4 2 and love it. I have been reading up on seting up tc's and i found that being able to adjust cast and rear toe-in is important. With that said, i'd go for the ntc3 kit. The aftermarket support is there, and it's shaft driven.
Old 02-12-2003, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

i am new to r/c, but i am getting the ntc3 rtr. i have read many things about i was also looking athe hpi as well, but the ntc3 is more upgradable, and it can be adjusted more. my opinion would be the ntc3 it is just one awesome car. and it will smoke a hpi .

david
Old 02-12-2003, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

I am SO not a RS4 fan. =) So My opinion is going to bias.
NTC3 RTR can Go faster than the RS4 RTR... I think
The NCT3 parts are somewhat less costly.
The NCT3 does not run on a stupid belt that I totally dislike... BTW Can that belt snap?

Correct me if I'm wrong
Eh.. Thats my 2 Cents.

If you want to see a NTC3, follow this link http://community.webshots.com/album/63076019mVYhqT

Thats my car. A bit on the ugly side, but I can live with it.
Old 02-13-2003, 04:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok here we go if this helps i have a friend with a rs43 ss and i love this car. and i also have a friend with a tc3! both have 2 speeds and both have .12. but when we draged them the tc3 blew the rs4 away. now with that in mind we took them to the track and they ran side by side. when i drove both cars they felt about the same just the tc3 was a little more touchy on the steering. but i love HPI I have two of them. now if speed is what you want then go with the tc3 keep in mind you will never hit top speed on the track. so if i had to choose i would go with the rs43 ss because all you have to do is add a radio and your gone.