Wiki Posts
Search

RDX, T2, 415MSX or Cyclone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 02:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by noobie
if a car won the world dont mean you will win the worlds with it, but it does prove it is a top of the line car, just gets confusing if you are new and not sure about which of the many cars to get. thats what led me to the tamiya, i never rated tamiya till i heard it was the WC, i always thought tamiya was just a toy - maybe steming from the cheaper stuff 15years ago
i realise that noobie, if you read the post you will see that i'm being sarcastic.

cyclone, msx, rdx, xray fko5, xray t2, mi2 ec, yokomo bd, yokomo lcg, tc4, etc etc. all good
Old 02-15-2006, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Simon A
I agree with you alot there.
I mean im not really a die hard tamiya fan (I bought my new msx because it was on special!! ) But i do beleive that those 3 cars a mentioned are better than any on the market at the moment.
Don't count out the T2... It seems to have done well at the world's largest indoor race:
2006 Snowbirds -
XRAY Quick statistics:
• XRAY achieved 3x TQ position
• XRAY achieved 4x WINS
• XRAY achieved 11x podium finish
• XRAY swept the Modified Touring category with final positions 1-2-3-4-10
• XRAY swept the Sportsman Touring category with final positions 1-2-4-5-6-7-9
• XRAY swept the 19T expert category with final positions 1-2-3-4-5-9-10
• XRAY won also the oval 19T racing category
• XRAY won 3rd time in a row and is 2004-2005-2006 US Snowbirds Nationals winner
Then there was the Novak Race.... http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...&postcount=550
and the DHI Cup (one of the car's first major outings) http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...hp?news_id=733

Parts and support for Xray are readily available, with distributors and dealers around the world (including excellent support from RCAmerica and CanWestRC in the US and Canada) as well as a dedicated forum at www.teamxray.com

The FK05 and T2 are forgiving for setup and easy to drive fast (seems to work well even when not 'perfect'). Xray also has a history of not only high performance, but also good durability...

There are many choices you can make in the touring car market today...and going by the worlds is a bit misleading, as the market has evolved *significantly* since then.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Simon A
What does advertising have to do with it
The TRF was simply the fastest car.
And the MSX is very capable to win on carpet
The TRFMSX won the 2005 world indoor championships competing
against the RDX and the cyclone.
There are 3 cars in there own league at the moment that continue
to out perform every other car.
The Yokomo BD, Hot Bodies Cyclone and the Tamiya TRF 415MSX
Nearly all modern touring cars are capable of similar performance on all surfaces. Some manufacturers have embraced both and offer "carpet spec" kits for people that run on carpet. As I recall, the MSX that won the championships was using a thick chassis that STILL isn't available to the public. And what do you guys need to do to get a front diff? Again, the car is plenty capable, but if you're going to use results from the top drivers to sell the car, don't forget to mention what they had to add to the car to get there.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yes...first question is definitely FOAM or RUBBER tires, then INDOOR carpet or OUTDOOR asphalt.............then you might get some idea like this

FOAM = RDX carpet spec or Xray T2.
Rubber = 415 MSX (or whatever their latest version, Refine 2 3 or 4 already) or Hotbodies Cyclone, Yokomo SD, RDX too....

It is kinda simple once you figure out what TIRES are you running....
Old 02-15-2006, 11:12 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

get the latest TC .....Can't go wrong from there
Old 02-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Yes...first question is definitely FOAM or RUBBER tires, then INDOOR carpet or OUTDOOR asphalt.............then you might get some idea like this

FOAM = RDX carpet spec or Xray T2.
Rubber = 415 MSX (or whatever their latest version, Refine 2 3 or 4 already) or Hotbodies Cyclone, Yokomo SD, RDX too....

It is kinda simple once you figure out what TIRES are you running....
As i said before the 415msx is very capable as is the cyclone.
http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/05_iic.html
There the top of the podium was a msx and second and third were cyclones.
So the trfmsx and the cyclone are very good carpet cars.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChrisP
Don't count out the T2... It seems to have done well at the world's largest indoor race:
2006 Snowbirds -

Then there was the Novak Race.... http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...&postcount=550
and the DHI Cup (one of the car's first major outings) http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...hp?news_id=733

Parts and support for Xray are readily available, with distributors and dealers around the world (including excellent support from RCAmerica and CanWestRC in the US and Canada) as well as a dedicated forum at www.teamxray.com

The FK05 and T2 are forgiving for setup and easy to drive fast (seems to work well even when not 'perfect'). Xray also has a history of not only high performance, but also good durability...

There are many choices you can make in the touring car market today...and going by the worlds is a bit misleading, as the market has evolved *significantly* since then.
In those races the majority of the feild are americans. The only place where
compare chassis on carpet is the 2005 international indoor championships.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Strange.... judging by that race Xray was rather well represented too...

Winning and/or placing a strong number of cars in the show in all sedan classes?
http://www.intchamps.com/2005mains.htm Even taking TQ in mod foam...

And that was with the FK05 even...the T2 (in my and many others opinions) is faster, more responsive and easier to adjust and maintain.

I am not attempting to take anything away from the other kits on the market. The level of kits in general lately has been fantastic. I don't however believe that you can discuss top-level performing kits regardless of tires and surface and not have Xray at least enter into the conversation.