Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
who makes the best tuned stock motor? >

who makes the best tuned stock motor?

who makes the best tuned stock motor?

Old 02-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

ok. alot of variable i know. so when you get a tuned motor, how long does it stay "tuned" ?

what needs to be done to keep it tuned? other than cut comm after every race meet.

thanks
Old 02-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

i just got my co27s in and they are sweet , new atlas motor stocker

you can put any kinda brush in them and they still rip . i use speed brush

witch is my own brush i have made and 4499s works very well in the motor
as well

is just a riper , hope they come legle soon , i will find out how the co27

are when i go to orl2 race this sunday if we can run them
Old 02-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

We offer a complete trackside tuning service at all the major racing events we attend, as well as our fully blueprinted line of motors we sell as well.
With this being said, I agree with Butter. Trackside, everyones hands are tied to what they can do to handouts. It's most important to start with a high quality brush, have it totally blueprinted and dyno tuned, and then be given the proper rollout/gearing.
There are several motor tuners that we sell our brushes to OEM that can perform just as thorough of a trackside tune-up to your motor at a race that we could...comm cutting, break in, rebuilding, gearing, etc; They have started with quality components, and are up to speed on our latest products and tuning techniques.
If results matter to you in deciding, (and they should,) do some research to see who and what has been/ is winning in the application in which you are racing.
Also do some research to see what additional products and services are offered from the companies you are purchasing from. Few offer proprietary brush compounds, balancing etc; which is fine, just be certain you educate yourself in what is being done to your motors and what products are being used. This way, repeatability will be easier to achieve at rebuild time.
Good Luck, and feel free to contact us any time to answer any additional questions you may have.

Regards,
Todd Putnam
Putnam Propulsion
Old 02-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Todd,

Are you coming to the carpet nats?