Wiki Posts
Search

Robitronic Avid Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HarryN
Hey James,

Any news on the new version of the AVID car? Also, the carpet setup parts for the current AVID, is this for carpet foam or rubber foam? Is it only the chassis bottom plate and top plate or are there are things?
no news yet... it might be awhile before it is released. your current setup should be fine. just pick up the carpet chassis & top deck.

the bottom chassis and top plate will be offered separately. There are no other carpet parts yet. These 2 parts will work for both foam and rubber carpet. It is just a thicker plate to make it stiffer. This will be a lot more helpful for carpet racers.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC TTwins
ok thanks 1 more ? does anyone know if another diff would work because i dont feel like buyin a diff for 60 than having to pay a lot for shipping from a different continent or even space
Tha main problems with using another diff are twofold.

One is that the outdrives have a wider slot for the driveshaft blades which are thicker than everything else because the driveshaft pin is thicker than everything else.

On the other hand, if you want to keep the outdrives there is no other diff plate to fit the Avid which has the largest diameter diff plate there is.

That being said, I am sure if you go to the trouble of rplacing the diff and modifying the driveshaft it can work, but it's a more involved exercise.

My strategy was to just get another set of diffs and a few plates to keep in my spares box. If you think that's too costly, then just get the diff plates. Some good ceramic balls can't go amiss either and that should see you through a racing season at least. If you can cut some vinyl protectors for the diff (Tamiya style) too, then the diffs should last even longer between service.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ball Bearing Size

Hello anyone know the size of the ball bearing(diff balls) inside the rear diff. thx or has anyone tried a different diff yet. I tried the HPI Pro4 Rear diff. but it sits to close to the bulkhead on the right side. Thx for the help!!

Last edited by wheruat; 03-16-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default White Belts

Some of you have asked me about the Robitronic Low Friction White Belts. The warehouse just told me we got them in this morning. If anyone wants these, we have them available. Have your favorite hobby store give us a call.

More goodies to come.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

James- here are the belts that i was talking about. the new low friction belts that i bought have the same part # on the belt. The ones that came with the kit have the same part # as the low friction ones. So are these the low friction belts that i bought or are they the stock kit belts.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Didn't notice any picture of the car displayed at the Toyfair here?

For a larger version go here http://kentech.blogs.se/

Old 03-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kentech
Didn't notice any picture of the car displayed at the Toyfair here?

For a larger version go here http://kentech.blogs.se/

AH hah! Now that car looks like a carpet car!! That was the one that should have come out first.

Is there going to be a conversion kit for current AVIDs with those parts? Or is this a completely new car?
Old 03-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

i want that rear bulkhead looks like a quik change for the spur gear stuff. does anyone know if the front is the same way. James when can we order these parts??
Old 03-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wheruat
i want that rear bulkhead looks like a quik change for the spur gear stuff. does anyone know if the front is the same way. James when can we order these parts??
The front and rear bulkheads, from what I can tell, look the same.

I'd rather get the parts to upgrade the current asphalt car to this grade. The chassis plate looks the same. as do a few other parts. Top deck, bulk heads, motor mount, front and rear shock towers look different. Same with the roll center adjustments.

I really hope there is a conversion kit.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

HarryN- Same here!! so i guess you still have the car. are you gonna still try to get rid of the Avid?
Old 03-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

HarryN- Same here!! so i guess you still have the car. are you gonna still try to get rid of the Avid?
We'll see. If there is no conversion kit with these bulks, shock towers, top plate, and roll center adjustment, the car is going to go. There is not going to be any asphalt racing for electrics from what I gathered.

If there is a conversion kit, I may keep the car. Though what am I going to do with a new-in-box T2'009? LOL
Old 03-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

James- here are the belts that i was talking about. the new low friction belts that i bought have the same part # on the belt. The ones that came with the kit have the same part # as the low friction ones. So are these the low friction belts that i bought or are they the stock kit belts.
Ryan, the ones you purchased should be low friction belts. the number on the belt are just numbers they use to differentiate what car it is for. it will be hard to tell just by looking at them.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

james- ok so the new low friction belts are white again? i thought the belt # is from the manufa. Bando. ok , do you know if they are going to come out with a convert. kit with those parts that are in the post above. let me know im ready to buy it pieced out or as a kit.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

the pic posted by kentech is still the prototype pic that has been floating around. there is no due date for them yet. it is still a prototype. if there are going to be changes, we won't see this car until closer to the end of the year. therefore, we do not know if there is going to be a conversion kit.

harryn, we will be getting the carpet chassis and top plate at the end of the month. those will be the main items you need to make the Avid a competitive carpet car.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

james- ok so the new low friction belts are white again? do you know if they are going to come out with a convert. kit with those parts that are in the post above. let me know im ready to buy it pieced out or as a kit.
the new low friction belts will be white from now on. since people were requesting for white, we decided to bring in the whites.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.