Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.titaniumracing.com/
Old 03-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi All,

I work at Titanium Racing on a part time basis. I can assure you that as soon as we recieve an orders we try to get them out as soon as possible. We only have a limited manufacturering process meaning we are unable to make 'x' many number of parts at the same time. All we can ask is for your patience and we will endevour to get the parts out to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
Paul
Old 03-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

I too have had problems with the drive pins on the TiR Worlds Editions CVD's - this time on a Tamiya TRF 415 MSX.

In total there have been 3 or 4 dogbones that I've had the drive pins coming loose. My front bulkheads are a total mess where the drive pins have ate into the aluminium.T he worst case came when the drive pin came out altogether and I missed out on an A final opportunity I added a little CA glue which seems to have helped.

I need the car weekly so I haven't been able to retun 3 out of 4 of the cars dogbones.

I can't fault their pinions all the same and I'll probably still get the CVD's for my Cyclone asuming these manufacturing problems have been sorted.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

Its essential that you threadlock the grub screws, otherwise the pins will almost certainly come loose at some time or another.

Personally I have nothing bad to say about TiR's products. Their shafts in particulart offer a huge weight saving, they look bling, and perform excellently. I had them in my BD, and ordered some today for my Cyclone, along with a spool.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry, you misunderstand ...

... it's the pin at the other end of the dogbone. The one that's *supposed* to be fixed to the dogbone.

See the attached pic of what can happen after only a couple of weeks racing.
Attached Thumbnails Titanium Racing from UK-dogbone-small-.jpg  
Old 03-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by Ballsie
Sorry, you misunderstand ...

... it's the pin at the other end of the dogbone. The one that's *supposed* to be fixed to the dogbone.

See the attached pic of what can happen after only a couple of weeks racing.
your not the only one
Square racing or Tamiya hopup TI shafts are worth the look & money

no
i don`t use any TiR stuff ,have done ,don`t now
i actually brought a full set of TiR drive shaft`s for yokomo Sd before they had the fire (about 4-5 yrs ago) they fell to bit`s then.

also got stories from other`s
re;;hinge pins,spool`s, drive shaft`s

gave them back to the Tir owner who was at the very first round when STCC started @ipswich club, he had my buisness card aswell , nothing diddly squat

i`ll asked a couple of times about things to be sorted .then i`ll stop running after them to get result`s
i just don`t buy that product again & go else where

( let the flaming begin )

just my experience ,not made up ,just my experience
Old 03-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, as you can see TiR did look after me in the end.

Whilst i wasn't too happy with the wait, they did compensate me. It would have been very easy for them to just forget about me and pretend it never happened. The postage cost from England to Australia itself was pretty painful, so they do have my sincere thanks.

I do really beleive that the TiR product is worth it though. They are very light and have so far withstood several big crashes in my Pro4. After i swapped in the replacement bones i've yet to require another replacement. From the number of bent alu bones in my pitbox, this can only be a good thing!

The crashes they've endured so far have made me very happy indeed. Infact, if the Ti axles had snapped off in the crashes i would have still been quite understanding. They really have taken alot of abuse.

I'm sorry to hear about your drive-pin troubles Ballsie... Hope things get sorted out for you too.

If ppl want, i'll post pics of my worn drive pins...
Old 03-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Man,

I'll do something about sending them back when I get the Cyclone.

Cheers.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Just speaking purely about the products:

It's fair to say that a few years ago some of the "titanium" driveshafts weren't so good. I had a few pairs and it depended when they were made. I have some from back then that are still in one of my cars, and a couple of pairs in my pitbox that are still perfectly useable. However, at similar time i also killed a set in a meeting.

However, that was then, this is now. I got a set of the early prototype "worlds" driveshafts. They were all anodised Red for the 04 Florida worlds. That set is still quite happily sitting in my old Mi2. Still fine, no pin issues. I am still using the origional pair of pin holes - haven't needed to go to the 2nd pair, also still on origional pins and couplings. I did break a couple of Axles after hard crashes when running mod with a spool. However, this was something that they had already found out about, and the axles had already been changed. Replaced them with the revised parts and all well.

Now have a new set in my new EC. Car has only done a few meetings, but so far no issues at all.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a set of TiR Worlds CVDs on a Yokomo, the car has been run using them on a weeky basis for almost a year (mod and 19T). They are showing little if any wear, only had to replace one because of a hard hit that broke the axle. These are the best CVDs you can get, hands down, the best. But you need to lock-tite the set screws or you will have problems, just like any other universal or CVD.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default My experiance so far

I know this is an old thread but i thought i'd let people know my story so far

Right i made my order on the 13/03/07 for two pairs of worlds cvd's for my 007 which according to the website they had 38 sets of all good so far, i recieved my order on the 23/03/07 more or less two weeks to send out goods of which they have 38 sets!? So i finally get them and try and fit them on the car for friday nights fun and games and find that once they're on the car i now have dynamic track width front and rear there must have been at least 4-5mm movement back and forth on the wheels
So by the time i've found this out it's the weekend and no point calling them so monday i give them a call and when i finally get an answer i explain the situation and am told that my order details will be checked and someone will call me back with instructions on how we can sort the problem, which was all good. That was 2-3 weeks ago now and i still haven't heard anything from them and have tried calling numerous times and always seem to get an engaged tone or no answer, i've sent an e-mail today to which tbh i don't expect to get a reply from judging by other peoles comments on here but you never know
So to sum up my experiance so far PISS POOR
Old 04-13-2007, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yeah, no surprise. but i'm sorry for your luck.

they have a great product, but since losing schumacher-usa as the u.s. distributor (for this same type of crappy service/supply, from what i understand) it's highly unlikely that people here will be buying from them directly. schumacher's pricing seemed a little better, and paul and adrian always made sure things were taken care of. it's really too bad.

on a technical note, perhaps you can acquire some spacers that you can either put inside or outside the hub? though 4-5mm is a bit excessive.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Well to my surprise i recieved a call from TIR regarding this situation and have been informed that the axles where part of a batch that are all out by a few mm and that they should be recieving a new batch in the next few days of which they will send me some replacements to be fair they even offered to send me some temp ones to keep me going until the new ones arrive
So apart from not hearing back from them until now and the slow intial dispatch i have to say TIR are doing their best to rectify the situation.
Thank you TIR
Old 04-13-2007, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by seaball
yeah, no surprise. but i'm sorry for your luck.

they have a great product, but since losing schumacher-usa as the u.s. distributor (for this same type of crappy service/supply, from what i understand) it's highly unlikely that people here will be buying from them directly. schumacher's pricing seemed a little better, and paul and adrian always made sure things were taken care of. it's really too bad.

on a technical note, perhaps you can acquire some spacers that you can either put inside or outside the hub? though 4-5mm is a bit excessive.
thanks seaball the guy i spoke to suggested shims also but as you say it would be a bit excessive.
Fingers crossed the new ones arrive next week, to be fair the guy i spoke to was very helpful
Old 04-13-2007, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I placed an order with TIR last year. They charged my credit card and I never received a shipping confirmation. They responded to my first email that I sent them one week after placing the order, but never responded again. 6 weeks later, I finally had to go to my bank to dispute the charge since they refused to communicate with me about the status of my order. Only buy stuff from TIR if you like supporting companies that treat their customers like garbage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.