Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 IIC - Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Looking for some help on a ball park FDR for stock rubber. Track size the same or about, same motors. So FDR should be the about the same as last year. Thanks for your help. I am sure my first IIC race will be a great experence!. Also. is there a certain traction addative you have to use at IIC?
Old 08-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

jack the gripper is the only one allowed
Old 08-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Hi guys, thanks for the questions,
As for pit space, you can plan on having the same about as last year. Even though the room is larger, we have twice as many racers so we need all the space we have. As Yeti and Bill had stated, plan to move up, not out. Everytime I go to a race I bring this nice folding wire rack I got at Target for about 5 bucks. I place my chargers on it and if gives me a bunch more room.
Sorry if that is not the news you were hoping for, but if you plan accordingly you should have no problems. Also remember to bring a power strip and a extension cord. CYA guys soon .
Thanks,
Scotty
Thanks for the reply Scotty. I do have those racks now and will be bringing them. Last year was a bit of a shock on the first morning.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am still waiting for some of you to get me your hotel information or who is rooming with you. Please do so as soon as possible.

Thank you
Boomer
Old 08-10-2006, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I hope this is lifted before Vegas...

New Flight Screening Requirements Implemented at Airports

Due to recent security threats to international air travel that have been reported in the media today, the U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security has elevated the Homeland Security Advisory System Threat Condition as follows:
· The threat condition has been raised to Severe, or Red, for all commercial flights between the United Kingdom and the United States.
· The threat condition has been raised to High, or Orange, for all other domestic and international flights to or through the U.S.

To ensure the continued safety and security of international and domestic air travel, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has implemented the following changes for airport screening:

· NO LIQUIDS OR GELS OF ANY KIND WILL BE PERMITTED IN CARRY-ON BAGGAGE. ITEMS MUST BE IN CHECKED BAGGAGE. This includes all beverages, shampoo, suntan lotion, creams, tooth paste, hair gel, and other items of similar consistency.

· Prescription medications will be allowed with a name that matches the passenger’s ticket, as well as insulin and other essential non-prescription medicines.

Travelers should also anticipate additional security measures within the airport and at screening checkpoints. Please plan to allow additional time for delays in the check-in process (currently being reported as up to three hours).

For additional travel restriction information, please contact your specific airline.

For more detailed information from the TSA, please click the link below.
http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/threat-change.shtm
Old 08-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Suspended

Just be smart when you travel. Don't bring anything questionable in a carry on, and don't pack anything flammable in your checked bags.

My carry on will probably be just car bodies and such. Nothing that is going to raise suspicion. (Yes, an RC car looks suspicious with all the electronic gizmos and wires on it).

Also, any checked bags that go to screening...stay with them. Inform the agents of what's in there. Stay there to answer questions. Don't just leave the bags and walk away....wait until they're done inspecting them. Be honest and polite and things will be fine.

My wife works in the safety/security office here in Pittsburgh, and we've already spoken with the appropriate people to find out what to do. Call your departing airport and do the same in advance.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the tip!
Old 08-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am glad that I am drivin to LV. I have no restrictions what so ever with my carrier!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmay70
I hope this is lifted before Vegas...
Yea no doubt ... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14282396/
Old 08-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Ive carried my radio and 4 cars 2 touring and 2 12th scales through as carry on with no problem... just don't carry anything sharp.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
Ive carried my radio and 4 cars 2 touring and 2 12th scales through as carry on with no problem... just don't carry anything sharp.
Yea me to, carried on radio and cars, just remove the batteries from the controller. I don't know if it's good/bad or indifferent ...but there will be at least 5 of us on the same flight from Sacramento, so we'll all have cars and radios with us.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Do most people plan on shipping most of there stuff and bringing the car and radio with them on the plane. What about batterys on the plane. bad idea or not? One last question where do we ship this stuff to? Thanks
Old 08-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I had my radio,car and many many batteries in my carry on going to Cali Nats and all was well..Yea they looked ,but went thru fine.. That was then...
Old 08-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

What kind of cost are we looking at to send someones stuff. I was getting prices in the hundreds of dollars on the UPS website.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R.Dalnogare
Do most people plan on shipping most of there stuff and bringing the car and radio with them on the plane. What about batterys on the plane. bad idea or not? One last question where do we ship this stuff to? Thanks

Most people that shipped things last year to the host hotel got sticker shock when they went to pick up their items and had a nice bill waiting for them just for the hotel to hold your package(s). So be ready to pay again to get your items if they are shipped to the hotel and they have to hold them overnight or anything like that. Im not sure if the new hotel will be the same way but I would call the hotel and see what they charge so you dont get hit again in the wallet.

Like others have said cary on your car, radio and bodies and you should be fine. These are really the things that can get totally trashed in your checked luggage.

I dont see this new increase in security being any worse for us RC racers.....all they are looking for is liquids and stuff in your cary on luggage. So you can still have that stuff in your checked luggage just not in the plane with you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.