New Corally SP12X

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Corally SP12X

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 01:32 AM
Tech Master

Yeah you still have some greese on the o ring. Corally diffs are spot on, but you have to get that ring totally clean. It can help to rough the ring up a little.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Switch Blade
question: I just drilled the servo holes back far enough to use the associated front end and when getting everything all set I noticed that the spur would always slip until I had it locked down to the point where the spur would turn the armature. I backed it off since that is not right, but I can move the spur gear still. Is this just the way the corally diffs are and should I be able to slip the spur, or perhaps do you think I have some grease on the O-rings?
Check this too - on hte Corally spur, the centre bearing is very tight. If it is too far over towards the 'O-Ring' side, it will foul the hub and cause the diff to go stiff, but not lock. Make sure the bearing is flush with the spur on the hub and put that side towards the diff ring nearest the centre of the car.

Otherwise, it is almost always a slippery O ring. As Matt says, rough up the washer on some 400 grit wet 'n dry, and do teh same to the O ring. Clean the O ring and the groove with motor spray, and wipe down with a clean paper towel. Drop the O ring into the groove, put the washer on, and keep all grease away! HTH
Old 04-06-2007, 05:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Anybody aware of any solution to making rear 1/2mm ride height adjustments? 1/4mm adjustments would be nicer.

When the car wears in to 3mm of rear height, I'd like the option to go back to 3.5mm (or even 3.25mm), not 4mm or more. Can't do that with the stock adjusters.

I suppose it could be argued that a person could have an additional set of tires trued to say 41.5mm ready to put on when the ones your using hit 40.5mm (giving you back 1/2mm of ride height), but that's not a very good solution.

Ideas?

I just received my 12X the other day and Wed. ran it for the first time. I already need different adjusters than what comes in the kit. I am a CAD designer and work in a tool shop. I have already designed and manufactured custom parts for other cars. I am thinking about doing a set of adjusters that would fill the void from the kit pieces. They would be made from delrin and CNC machined. If there is interest in these pieces please let me know as it is almost as easy to make 5 set rather than one. Probably do the 1/2 mm steps too.

Pic of 2.5mm added.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails New Corally SP12X-solid-ride-ht-adj.jpg  

Last edited by Mach10_shooter; 04-06-2007 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mach10_shooter
I just received my 12X the other day and Wed. ran it for the first time. I already need different adjusters than what comes in the kit. I am a CAD designer and work in a tool shop. I have already designed and manufactured custom parts for other cars. I am thinking about doing a set of adjusters that would fill the void from the kit pieces. They would be made from delrin and CNC machined. If there is interest in these pieces please let me know as it is almost as easy to make 5 set rather than one. Probably do the 1/2 mm steps too.

Pic of 2.5mm added.

Chris
I'll be intrested!
send me pm with the details!

Greetings Ollie
Old 04-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you can do those adjusters and ship to the UK i would take a few sets. I dont mind ordering sets for people over here either.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'd like sone too - PM sent.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rick Draper
If you can do those adjusters and ship to the UK i would take a few sets. I dont mind ordering sets for people over here either.
I don't care were they end up. I'll ship them to you. I'm ordering material today and will probably start on them next week. I'll keep both this and the other 12X board updated. I'll be doing a 0, 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, and 3.25

Chris
Old 04-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
I'd like sone too - PM sent.

Got your PM. I'm thinking $20.00-$25.00 for the set. If I can end up doing them faster then I'll drop the price a bit.

Chris
Old 04-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

One last thing. I never could figure out why I could never move the motor far enough to fit larger gears on it, until today when I saw that it is the graphite brace in the rear. Is this a high stress area, or could I dremmel off a 2 or so mm to move the motor farther forward? the only other way I can see using larger pinions is by using a 90 tooth spur, especially when gearing a C2 at 53mm. Brushless I dont see a problem since I often see them geared at 32mm.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

use a smaller spur.i use an 88 for this reason and also because i dont see the purpose in running such large pinions.you can achieve the rollout you need with changing spurs and pinions.actually shed some weight also with using a smaller spur and pinion.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Will using a smaller spur/pinion aid in more rear grip since the motor is going to be farther back? Is it a negligable affect or greatly noticeable?
Old 04-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Will using a smaller spur/pinion aid in more rear grip since the motor is going to be farther back? Is it a negligable affect or greatly noticeable?
i thought it was the way you placed the stickers on the body
Old 04-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

perhaps Ill only spray the rear of my bodies with 1/2 a coat of paint and the front 3 or 4 coats to even it out a bit
Old 04-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i havent noticed much change in rear traction.the cars have a ton of rear traction and it kinda gets to a point of being hard to see differences in rear traction.the biggest gain is the gearing you can run.it allows me to gear the piss out of my 19 turns.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

perhaps Ill only spray the rear of my bodies with 1/2 a coat of paint and the front 3 or 4 coats to even it out a bit
i usually only put one coat in the front then about 5 coats in the rear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.