Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree178Likes

Kannapolis Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

anyone that is coming Saturday, do you have an oval lipo to go in a Tamiya mini??? just need to borrow it incase we can get some laps in.

Thanks

Bill
Old 12-07-2017, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Not sure what the weather will be but for those of you can give us a hand for an hour or two then please bring something to get a lap or two in.

We figure to be there at 9:30ish regardless of weather. We may wind up bench racing up at the Lane Street Grill over biscuits and coffee but we will be there all the same.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Although the sun was out for awhile the temperature never broke 50* so another no paint day. Did get the milling done on the last two leg supports for the drivers stand and the balance of the necessary lumber culled, selected and loaded on a cart at one of our track sponsors for pick up in the morning on the way to the track. Tomorrow's weather looks grim but we will get done what we can in preparation for Saturday morning.

Wish us luck and stay tuned for progress.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Will try to be there Saturday morning but not sure. Have to be at work at 1.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Jacob. If the weather is as crappy as predicted we will work pretty fast.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Leave it to the weatherman to get it right when you really need for him not to. We did get about a ton of material picked up and delivered to the site where it sits on the trailer all covered up to keep it as dry as possible. For the rest of the day I'm back in the garage laying out the stair stringers and maybe getting them cut out.

As mentioned in an earlier post, we will be there regardless of weather by 9:30 in the morning. We need a minimum of six to have any chance of picking up the stand sections so the legs can be attached. Eight or ten would make it quicker and easier. If we get pushed of by the weather as mentioned before there is a café nearby. Hopefully they will be open. This morning somebody got a little over exuberant while parking and ran into the wall right outside from where the grill is located which led to a short day for them since the gas had to be turned off. There's always the " Awful House" if they don't get back on line.

Hope to see a half dozen or so of you in the morning.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I'm stuck in Hendersonville. Can't get out of the neighborhood at the moment and don't expect the temp to get above freezing before midday tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Enjoy looking out the window at the scenery. I'm sure the Mrs. will be happy to have you there.

We are going to at least go to the track to see if we can do something. it may be an exercise in futility but we have to try. There is no way we can make an open house happen with the weather setback but we will try to minimize the time loss at every opportunity.

Again, wish us luck.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

It's about 7:30AM and there is some snow on the ground with the temperature hovering just above freezing. If you were planning to make it this morning please don't take any unnecessary chances. We want to get this done but not at the risk of someone's safety. We are going to be there by 9:30 weather be damned. If we get the needed help we will install the 14 legs on the platforms and head back to the comforts of home and hearth.

Thanks in advance to those who make it out. See everybody soon.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Mike unfortunately because I live so close to where I work I am not working 1pm to closing. I was called in to open the store and work all day because 2 others can not get to work safely. That being said i will not be there to help with the stand or finish the outside rails today.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

No problem Jacob. As I sit here warm and toasty in my recliner looking out the window as the snow falls with the intent of making children happy and watching Velocity while giggling senselessly to myself over the fact that THE PLATFORMS ARE ERECTED. Despite less than ideal weather we got seven guys together and got it done. Neither rain nor snow or anything else got in the way. I can't thank everybody that made it out any where near enough for taking the time. With a core group like this building we are going to have a real showplace for on road racers from everywhere to have a good time.

We will be back out there tomorrow around 12:00 to continue with the bracing and rails for the drivers stand. We did get some pictures that will be up on social media and then here as well once I can get them to the technical guys.

We are going to delay the open house until after the Holiday's so that we can get everything 100% completed to give it the eye appeal that we hope will make Kannapolis Raceway Park an R/C destination.

Thanks guy's. Well done.
NutDriver and knuckles30 like this.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Am trying to get a couple of photo's loaded but not sure if it is working. Bingo!! Tried to load 3 and got one. I am excited.

We will be back at it today about noon to get bracing added.
Attached Thumbnails Kannapolis Raceway Park-20171209_102648.jpg  

Last edited by mleemor60; 12-10-2017 at 07:51 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

driver stand is huge. Looking forward to having some fun next year,.

Thanks to Mike AND Vic for getting this going.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Props to you as well for taking the time to help out. We went back out today, Weather much better, and drilled and installed all the carriage bolts in the uprights and plumbed them up. Added the longitudinal bracing to keep it from racking along the length and added the outriggers. Hopefully tomorrow I can finish up the stair stringers so we can get the steps done on Wednesday. Vic didn't much enjoy doing the inverted bucket climb to get up there. We got a few new photo's that I am going to attempt to post. if I can figure out how to do multiples everything will be good. Going to get at least one though.
Attached Thumbnails Kannapolis Raceway Park-20171210_145229.jpg   Kannapolis Raceway Park-20171210_145247.jpg   Kannapolis Raceway Park-20171210_145455.jpg  
Old 12-11-2017, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Not a real productive day today. Went around and cinched up all the carriage bolts to insure they are tight. It was also brought to my attention that we might have to alter the longitudinal bracing to keep it from twisting counter clockwise over time. Wednesday we will add cross bracing to the center section to combat this. Stair stringers are mostly ready just need to finish some of the detail work so we can install them on Wednesday when we complete the balance of the bracing. Thursday we should be able to get back on the track railing.

If everything falls together over the next few days I may treat myself to a trip down to Bush River on Saturday for a bit of trashing my VTA ride which has been dormant for some time now. Hope the weather holds up. I miss getting out with the group. Especially since it is such a good one.

Stay tuned. Still more to come.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.