Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I think the team drivers have had them available for at least a year. It is a disapointment they took so long to make them available to the public. Still, it is nice to have them
Old 01-25-2002, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Hi all. Greetings from Malta.

Speedo, Daniz. I have had the alloy Fastrax 7 degree hub carriers for ages. It's the factory ones that are new.

Yes, if Masami uses the 3 degree ones, that gives him a total of 5 degrees caster. And yes Speedo you are correct, the kit ones are 5 degrees.

I ran the 5 degree blocks with a slowish servo but now run the 7 degree with a quicker digital one. It feels alot more stable down the straights.

I played with bump steer a bit yesterday. Unfortunately I only managed one run before the rain spoilt play so my test was inconclusive, but I will let you all know my findings.

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-25-2002, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Fastrax make some? I know suuki makes the 3 and 7's, and integy makes 7s, but never heard of fastrax...

Speedo
Old 01-25-2002, 09:55 AM
Regional Moderator

thanks Speedo and Johnbull
Old 01-25-2002, 09:31 PM
R/C Tech Founder

To anybody who thinks the Special isn't a good car: take a look at the results from the US Touring Car Champs (on the front page of this site).

Tosolini is dominant, with only Baker's TC3 looking capable of catching him. The Losi triumvirate (Kinwald, Lemieux, Hodge) are a step or two behind. Jun's 414M looks great too.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

MO you have PM
Old 01-26-2002, 03:37 AM
Tech Addict

Wink

MR4TC SP second qualifier spot, two seconds off pole in Stock class(Big Jim MVP) at NZ Nats today, finals to follow tomorrow....stock racing is fun, so close and evenly matched
Old 01-26-2002, 04:28 AM
Tech Addict

Ok, a question for all you guys, who's the best driver with their cars all setup to their best possibility...

Its pointless to list Masami and Pavidis together so I'll leave them out...

Tosolini, Baker, Spashett, Drescher, Jun, Jacobson, Umino, Hara, Kinwald, Teemu, Cyrul, Ore, Ito, um... who else

This might end in " Well they can all win, all the cars can win" situation, but I just want opinions not facts.

Last edited by Yokomo Fan; 01-26-2002 at 04:30 AM.
Old 01-26-2002, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Yokomo Fan. I would say Hara is among the best up and coming driver. He is World Champ, and he did it in style.

The only reason he cannot repeat his successes is simply because he presently drives a lousy car. Given a good car he can run with....and beat most guys.

Masami is th most experienced, and can always be relied on to give results. Same with Spashett - he is so smooth and calm.

I've seen them all race. they are impressive, but Hara has youth on his side. When he had Masami as his mate he had grown into a Masami beater. luckily for Masami he made a wrong move to HPI.

We all make mistakes!

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-26-2002, 05:49 AM
Tech Addict

I do agree with you about Hara having a long time to go before he even thinks of retiring, but not as youthfull as Ito, he's like 17?

Hara is or was a potential, but now at Hpi he is made into an advertising board

Masami seems to be still on top, same as Pavidis.

Spashett (Former Triple Worlds Champ, the only person to even do it, European Champ two times in a row, or more...), Andy Moore (British Champ), Craig Drescher (Former Champ) are all great drivers. When Spashett was with Yokomo, he had tremendous amounts of help setting up the car etc by the likes of Barry Baker, but he wasn't happy, and wasn't consistantly winning races like when he was with Losi. So he just went back to Losi, and "da Man" is winning again. We'll see whose the best at the next worlds
Old 01-26-2002, 11:48 AM

Yokomo Fan wrote:
Ok, a question for all you guys, who's the best driver with their cars all setup to their best possibility...
I think that Joel Johnson could do pretty well against all that you had mentioned. I hear that he might be coming out of retirement to run the Trinity nitro sedan.
Old 01-27-2002, 06:01 AM
Regional Moderator

I vote for my friend : Surikarn Chaidajsuriya (Tamiya) for the future World Champ.
Old 01-27-2002, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The best driver? Michael Salven. I saw him at the 1/8 Nationals a few years back. He was in a league of his own. Granted, he designed the car he was driving, but it was like night and day difference between him and the others. The others were no slouches either. Any of them could easily qualify for "the best driver I've ever seen", but Michael was that much better. Like when Michael Jordan was at the top of his game. He was playing with and beating the best of the best. Maybe it has something to do with being named Michael....
Old 01-27-2002, 12:36 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Cosmo: You might be right. The name Michael isn't a bad name to have at all....

Michael Jordan-best ever in basketball

Michael Schumacher-maybe best ever in Formula 1

Micheal Johnson-maybe best ever in track

Michael Jackson-I don't really need to say now do I? Simply the best!

So your Michael theory could definitely hold some water....
Old 01-27-2002, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Darkseid
Cosmo: You might be right. The name Michael isn't a bad name to have at all....

Michael Jordan-best ever in basketball

Michael Schumacher-maybe best ever in Formula 1

Micheal Johnson-maybe best ever in track

Michael Jackson-I don't really need to say now do I? Simply the best!

So your Michael theory could definitely hold some water....

Johnson? the best? ha! he used to be good, now he's not that billiant, at 200m.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.