Rand
Old 11-19-2003, 10:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by PizzaDude
32mm
Rand
Cool, thank you!

I was hoping to use the center chassis stiffeners from Square on my SD, but looks like they will be about 4mm short. I've got a mill coming in about 2 weeks, so I'll propably just make my own...
Old 11-19-2003, 10:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Difuser... Thanx for the help, Im really looking foward to move there...
Joey
Old 11-19-2003, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Rand, at the bootom and on top a 2 mm spacer?
Old 11-19-2003, 10:51 PM
Ooj
Tech Regular

stonedgti, I asked Andy at hobbymania and he gave me a price around 40 USD. I have no idea about the colour but i dont care after having gone through 20 diffs.

Hey hawker, we also run those tyres in our V8 class at castle hill. Unfortunately, it seems that the rules are going to change next year to open tyres. I am dissapointed because these tyres are so bad, they make you drive better and set up your car better!! My tyres after this season have finally scrubbed in to their best grip levels and now i cant use them anymore
Old 11-19-2003, 10:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by PizzaDude
Rand, at the bootom and on top a 2 mm spacer?
I think a spacer would still allow it to flex, which would elliminate it's purpouse. I'll just wait the couple weeks until my mill arrives and make my own
Old 11-20-2003, 02:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Randman you cud not use the square deck supports anyway as the center shaft will not fit through the holes in them without removing the pin and doing that everytime would be hassle! Rick
Old 11-20-2003, 07:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Rick Draper
Randman you cud not use the square deck supports anyway as the center shaft will not fit through the holes in them without removing the pin and doing that everytime would be hassle! Rick
That I completely forgot about, it wouldn't be too hard to notch the hole to make the pin work, but if I were to grind on the Square piece, I'd really rather just make my own.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Joey when are you coming into town?
PM me when you get here and we can meet up at one of the tracks. I'd be glad to show you around
Old 11-20-2003, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default Maybe a dumb question but...

What do you guys suggest with the uneven weight distribution in my evo3s? With the KO micro receiver and LRP quantum the right side weights nothing compare to the left. The car is unbalanced to the point that it changes direction under heavy straight line acceleration. It's great on a mostly left turn track as the extra weight on the left keep the car flat but on a right turn track it sucks! Should I consider lead ballast first or should I work on the spring rate?

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2003, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Maybe a dumb question but...

Originally posted by jeffreylin
What do you guys suggest with the uneven weight distribution in my evo3s? With the KO micro receiver and LRP quantum the right side weights nothing compare to the left. The car is unbalanced to the point that it changes direction under heavy straight line acceleration. It's great on a mostly left turn track as the extra weight on the left keep the car flat but on a right turn track it sucks! Should I consider lead ballast first or should I work on the spring rate?

Thanks!

do you know for certain its out and that you havent got a tweak?
if it is balance then you should use the shock pre tensioner to adjust it.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Maybe a dumb question but...

Originally posted by jeffreylin

Thanks!
This is a question I asked at first, too. Basically you have to balance the weight at the wheels and not on the chassis. The best thing to get is a tweak-station. http://www.schumacher.clara.net/tweakstation.htm
With this you can very simply and quickly adjust the balance of load on the tires by adjusting the pre-tension on the springs.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Carpet set up?

do you guys have a good starting point for a carpet set up? ( i.e. tires, springs, tire type and compound?)

what tires hook up best? CS-22? CS-27? Sorex 36R?

ill be heading up to a carpet track to race. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-21-2003, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Downforce-I finially get to try your setup this weekend. I have been waiting for parts, and they came in yesterday. So I can get back on the track at last. One last question. If I read your other posts correctly, the rear hub carriers of 2 deg of toe in, so actually set the rear pivot blocks at 1 degree toe out, so the net result is 1 deg toe in?

Difuser-I also am going to try your roll center change idea. My local track is a real tight layout down this week to practice for Cleveland. So I will find out real quick if this helps the problem I was having with my car being lazy on transition.

Again, thank you two for your help.

dumper
Old 11-21-2003, 06:42 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what´s about the roll center change? Going to higher rollcenter?
Tried a 2mm higher rollcenter rear and was very quick but also very loose out of some corners.
So higher rollcenter front and rear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.