Wiki Posts
Search

DARLINGTON HOBBIES WARREN RI.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default DARLINGTON HOBBIES WARREN RI.

WELL EVERYONE, DARLINGTON HOBBIES IS GETTING READY FOR THE 2012 OUTDOOR SEASON. I SPOKE WITH THE OWNER'S TODAY AND THEY SAID THEY WILL BE RE-DOING THE OUTDOOR TRACK IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. THEY WILL BE PUTTING DOWN A 60/40 MIX OF SCREENED LOAM AND CLAY. THE TRACK WILL BE ELECTRIC AND NITRO FRIENDLY AND THE HOBBY SHOP IS STOCKED WITH ALL THE STUFF RACER'S, BASHER'S AND CRAWLERS NEED. SO...COME ON DOWN AND CHECK THEM OUT, THEY ARE RIGHT OVER THE MASS LINE ON RT. 136.HERE ARE A FEW VID'S FOR ALL TO CHECK OUT....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH8rDzduA3k TRACK VID

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNkbYpdHqCo CRAWLER VID
Old 03-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Looks good Frank, Luke and I and will try it out this summer.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

SOUNDS GOOD GREGG, ME, JAY, AND A FEW OTHER'S WIL BE DOING OVER THE TRACK..SO YOU KNOW IT WILL BE AWESOME....
Old 03-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

WELL, JAY, KYLE AND A FEW OTHER'S WERE THERE TODAY WORKING ON THE TRACK. FROM WHAT I HAD SEEN THEY LAYED DOWN THE FIRST LAYER OF DIRT AND LAYED OUT THE PIPE'S AND MARKED OUT THE JUMPS. i KNOW THEY ARE WAITING FOR THE NEXT ROUND OF DIRT TO COME...AND THEN I AM SURE THEY WILL BE RACING ON IT. THE OWNER PAUL JR SAID HE WILL BE GETTING A AMB SCORING SYSTEM ASAP. THEY ARE SO CLOSE TO GETTING A RACE TRACK GOING, SO EVERYONE GET YOUR GEAR READY !!.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Rookie

anyone know what happened to their Facebook page? It had some good info on it. Headed there tomorrow for a couple things...see the progress on new track!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by goofy1148
anyone know what happened to their Facebook page? It had some good info on it. Headed there tomorrow for a couple things...see the progress on new track!
They still have a Facebook page, but it need's to be re-done and updated. I was there this past weekend and the track is fine for practicing but still need's a little hear and there. I will see if I can get there this weekend and talk to Paul jr to see if he can have someone redo the Facebook page.. until then...go on up and have some fun on the track !!!!.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Just came from there. The track looks great! He said should be up and running in at most a week. Gonna check back next week! Hoping to get on it!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

WELL, THE TRACK IS DONE AND PEOPLE HAVE BEEN RUNNING ON IT AND THEY ALL SAY IT'S BAD A$$ !!. WE HAVE BEEN RUNNING EVERYTHING FROM
1/10TH SCALE TO 1/8TH SCALE ELECTRIC AND NITRO AND THE TRACK IS HOLDING UP AWESOME, FEEL FREE TO STOP BY AND TRY IT FOR YOURSELF. HE HAS RENTAL'S AND THE HOBBY SHOP IS WELL STOCKED FOR ALL YOUR NEED'S. HERE IS THE DIRECTION'S....

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...rate&mkt=en-US
Old 04-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Rookie

is there any organized racing on Sundays yet?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dartmouth01
is there any organized racing on Sundays yet?
RIGHT NOW THEY ARE JUST RUNNING FOR THE HELL OF IT. THE OWNER IS WAITING ON HIS LAP COUNTING SYSTEM TO COME IN. THE TRACK HAS BEEN CHANGED FOR THE BETTER FROM WHAT IS SEEN IN THE VIDEO'S. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE SOME FUN, TAKE A RIDE UP THERE ON A WEEKEND AND RUN SOME PACK'S OFF, I KNOW IT'S A LOT CLOSER FOR YOU THAN THE OTHER TRACK YOU GO TO...NOT COUNTING R/C HOVER...BUT IT'S WAY BETTER THAN THAT PLACE.....
Old 04-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Just went there today to try it out ran a pack got the pricing only $10 for a day driving that includes track time and a outlet for you charger also if you just wanna stop in and burn off a pack its $5 there is also a platform now so you don't have to go on the steps had some real fun with my 1/16 E-REVO VXL but it was hard to drive on a 1/10 track LOL!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cs3087
Just went there today to try it out ran a pack got the pricing only $10 for a day driving that includes track time and a outlet for you charger also if you just wanna stop in and burn off a pack its $5 there is also a platform now so you don't have to go on the steps had some real fun with my 1/16 E-REVO VXL but it was hard to drive on a 1/10 track LOL!
I SEEN YA ON THE TRACK, YOU LOOKED GOOD OUT THERE WITH THAT LITTLE TRUCK..BUT I THINK IT NEED'S BETTER TIRE'S. I WAS THE GUY BEHIND THE BACK COUNTER FIXING CAR'S.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

HERE'S A NEW VIDEO OF THE NEWER LAYOUT FROM THIS PAST WEEKEND,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVNFE9c_u7s
Old 04-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Track Condition

Went by today and the track is still pretty wet after that big north eastern we got this week. It has one big puddle in one of the turns....should dry up for this weekend if it doesn’t rain again!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

It's supposed to rain this weekend:/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.