Wiki Posts
Search

MBX7?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 12:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6
I race a mugen buggy and I've never broken a part on the car. Now, i do have friends who break the truggy arms wayyyy to much, but that's just one more reason I can't stand truggy, they all break something...

The electric mugen guys break the front arms sometimes, but like I said, on my MBX-6 buggy it's been the most reliable car I've owned, even more reliable than my coveted xray...
+1, I don't race Mugen but several local guys do and I have never seen a single one break an arm! We got big air too and plenty of crashing going on too! I don't see a 7 coming out in the next year or two... The 6 is an EXCELLENT platform!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If you havnt seen mugen break a front arm then you really Ain't watching other cara then your own, Iv raced 4 races in my life (rc) and I drive in my backyard, so I'm not a deep rc driver but yet I no mugen front arms snap regularly, there material is wrong and anyone with a mugen wil notice this.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6
I race a mugen buggy and I've never broken a part on the car. Now, i do have friends who break the truggy arms wayyyy to much, but that's just one more reason I can't stand truggy, they all break something...

The electric mugen guys break the front arms sometimes, but like I said, on my MBX-6 buggy it's been the most reliable car I've owned, even more reliable than my coveted xray...
I do agree, the buggy seems solid, I haven't heard or seen any breakage on the buggy arms..my apologies guys, I was referring to the truggy with my posts..Oh, BTW, I broke less arms with my RC8T in 35+ gallons, than some MBX6-T's broke in under 2 gallons at my track, this is why I think they have a problem they need to address. My 811T seems to be rock solid too so far, but time will tell.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
If you havnt seen mugen break a front arm then you really Ain't watching other cara then your own, Iv raced 4 races in my life (rc) and I drive in my backyard, so I'm not a deep rc driver but yet I no mugen front arms snap regularly, there material is wrong and anyone with a mugen wil notice this.

I noticed this early-on with my 6T. arms were breaking right between the inner hinge pin and the droop screw... specifically when I'd land a jump and someone would lawn dart (or simply land) on top of my truck. The problem had since been rectified. My 6 buggy is dialed. The only thing I've ever broken was the front left arms, but I was also going full wood around our bowl turn when my steering servo's electric connector decided to crap out. Caught the fence and went into a flat spin (eject! eject! eject!!!). Anyways, if the arms hadnt given, I would have bent the chassis... it hit that hard. I'll take arm replacement in that case, any day.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am sorry if I stirred up trouble...was not my intention.......I love my 6T's and am very happy with them .........but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be even happier with it if the front end was beefier and even more impact resistant then it already is ! .....
Old 08-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

this whole thing is a product of forum paranoia, a couple of days ago everyone agreed that the mbx6 was one of the strongest cars available,
a couple of people run into some issues with the front arms and suddenly the arms are no good...
REALLY??
I think you need you guys really just need to calm down and be more carefull on the track; the car is three years old il there was a design flaw in the arm design or the plastic composition we would have known about this a long time ago.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They're saying the problem only exists on the mbx6-t.

No problem on the buggy, it's a truggy only problem.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anytime you have a big weight or wheel on the end of a long arm you are going to have some breaks I don't care what brand you run. That being said our MBX6T has been very solid for us. I think we have broke one arm in two years or hard racing, but Dylan has improved his driving skills as of late and that does contribute to less broken arms. donrod

Old 08-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by neobart
They're saying the problem only exists on the mbx6-t.

No problem on the buggy, it's a truggy only problem.
Exactly Neo, it's not the buggy, it's the truggy.

I've held broken arms against each other, and they're broken in the exact same place, same pattern, in fact, they look like broken replicas of one another, you couldn't tell them apart..that to me sounds like an issue, and not fluke.

Donrod, I love that picture!
Old 08-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by donrod
Anytime you have a big weight or wheel on the end of a long arm you are going to have some breaks I don't care what brand you run. That being said our MBX6T has been very solid for us. I think we have broke one arm in two years or hard racing, but Dylan has improved his driving skills as of late and that does contribute to less broken arms. donrod

+1 I couldnt not agree more!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maximo
I am sorry if I stirred up trouble...was not my intention.......I love my 6T's and am very happy with them .........but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be even happier with it if the front end was beefier and even more impact resistant then it already is ! .....
Neil, how much damage a board takes depends on the force behind the hammer that's hitting it, that being said I would imagine (because it's you) that you have the baddest motor that you can produce sitting in that 6T. (really FREAKIN BIG hammer!!!!) So it would be moving much faster than normal at impact.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slider30250
Neil, how much damage a board takes depends on the force behind the hammer that's hitting it, that being said I would imagine (because it's you) that you have the baddest motor that you can produce sitting in that 6T. (really FREAKIN BIG hammer!!!!) So it would be moving much faster than normal at impact.
Agree 100%...I put it thru extreme duty cycles......!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TX_Punisher
What's the ETA on this kit?

Does anyone know the changes that will be made between the 6 and the 7?

Thanks
Last time I asked, they were focusing more on their 1/10 touring car replacement. They tend to focus on one project at a time when launching a new model. They are continuously testing new things on all current models though.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maximo
a stronger front end would be nice..... We are blowing up Mugen front ends like crazy on our new track...definitely a big durability issue on a big air track........i had no idea how fragile the 6T front was till we opened our new track...
Hey Neal,

What track is it and do you know anyone who is in need of a partial sponsorship? I would love to know if we would have the same issues since I honestly believe our cars are tanks now in the durability department.

I find it hard to believe that some are saying the Mugen is more fragile from a design standpoint.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Default awesome pic

Sweet Pic Donrod.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.