Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree138Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are you guys talking gearing for 17.5 blinky or with boost?
Old 03-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rickster
on loose rear of car?? need more info on setup... but mine has tons of traction and steering... here are some ideas.. where is your battery? shorty or square or side by?
ride height? camber? toe? wheelbase? I run my hubs forward almost all the time..

also springs and pistons and oil? I run 1.6 front and back .. 35 front, 30 back, white front, green back, arms level front, bones level back and car feels dialed.
Thought I provided this info right in my initial post.

"Soooo... did I make a mistake by using the kit setup but with 35 oil front & 30 rear ?"

So I am running exact kit setup... all of it, down to ride height, camber, hub spacing, etc. The exception being, 35 front oil, 30 rear. I am running a shorty pack pushed back fully.

A friend of mine who knows how to tune cars also suggested going to 1.6 pistons in the back. Don't get me wrong. The car wasn't bad. But I had to baby it and be careful with it too much on corner exits.

I've checked in with some other local friends today, and it sounds like folks running exact kit setup with 32.5 oil front & back are saying it's quite good. So perhaps I just went to aggressive up font and opposite out back. I'm going to go through my car this weekend to check up on everything after a few full practice days. I'll change out oils and see if I'm happier when back at the track next week. I hadn't run at OCRC in about a year, and got a chance to speak to Steven Hartson about the car. He did say the car is much more sensitive to setup changes than the B5r, so perhaps I ventured too far apart with oils and no spring changes to suit.

Thanks,
Jesse
Old 03-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Another question. When the setup sheet says 2 or 3 slipper pads does 2 mean 1 behind and in front of spur or 2 outside the spur. Thanks
Old 03-08-2014, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by troyd
Are you guys talking gearing for 17.5 blinky or with boost?
I run blinky only. Hobbywing juststock speedo.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

well I got my b5 built no missing parts the only thing thats not s big deal is one of the thumb screws for the battery doesn't have the knurling on it ,as for the ball cups I measured an old style and cut the new ones to the same length wala no prob looking forward to running it tomorrow for some practice
Old 03-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Sf1752
Sorry if this has already been asked.. Does changing the rear hub inserts (0, .5, 1.0) change the rear toe or ??? I cannot find in the manual.. Seems reading that the biggest changes to adjust are front axle trailing location, and Ackerman... Hopefully do some testing tomarrow
yes more rear toe makes a lot more rear traction.

Know a couple popular racers who use .5 & keep quiet about it.

a great way to lock a car in on looser traction conditions.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Corners
Yeah, I must suck. It must have been dumb luck all the other times I've built and rebuilt a ball diff. I clearly made the diff have a notch in every surface of the thrust and gear rings and crushed a harden steel ball with a 2mm wrench without even compressing the spring. My bad.

We'll see how it is after my break-in.
personally just spin a wheel at slow speed for a minute and readjust.

check right after first pack to see if it needs to be tighten.

Adjust so you cannot spin wheel with out turning the pinion & motor or kinda tight ..
Old 03-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Double Dee
cool ill come get some. titanic Tue. Thanks Geo. And x rings?
in stock..$15

You don't need until a week or so.
Red rings are good..
Old 03-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

the stock setup is a general idea for what might work at various places and drivers.. where you need to go from here is find what you want more or less from in your car and adjust to your liking.. piston and oils will vary depending on tracks and jumps..

I am running a 4mm spacer behind battery for stock and a shorty if the track is looser... if a little more traction I run 2 spacers behind it... in mod I run a square pack .

I think the rear hub forward makes a big difference in traction.. am also using 2 deg. neg camber in back and 1 neg in front.. 0 toe in front.

driving style also comes into play.. I let a friend of mine drive my car and he races for another brands team.. I laughed as he said my car had to much traction and to much steering everywhere for him.. he likes to have his car whip in the corners . funny thing is when he had good laps he was 2-3 seconds a lap faster with my car then his...lol
Old 03-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
looks good, but I would make the solder joints on the bullets look the same. One looks nice, the other kinda looks like a cold joint
Nah, wasn't a cold joint, just didn't seat into the bullet fully. Was soldering at an odd angle. It's all fixed now, both are gorgeous joints.

The cap bank I made with 3x 16v 330uf caps works awesome, and is so much smaller than the stock one.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
personally just spin a wheel at slow speed for a minute and readjust.

check right after first pack to see if it needs to be tighten.

Adjust so you cannot spin wheel with out turning the pinion & motor or kinda tight ..
Yeah, that's what I normally do. I leave it a little lose, spin one wheel for about 30 seconds, then adjust the tightness.

This one just wasn't all perfectly smooth like I'm used to. I'll be working on it tonight. We'll see.

Thanks for the tips.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well here is my almost finished wiring, I just need to get rid of the dean connectors and solder the wires to the motor. It came out cleaner then I thought but Im still not sure about it.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-image.jpg  
Old 03-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Stupid question. Will a Centro body fit on it?
Old 03-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Some of the guys that have been running the JConcepts finisher on the B5m... but it is really flared out on the sides.... it fits but does not look like it's meant to be on there
Old 03-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
Stupid question. Will a Centro body fit on it?
Not a stupid question. Yes, I know the JC Finisher for the Centro will fit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.