Search

Ofna Picco Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Arrow Ofna Picco Buggy

http://ofna.com/picco-offroad.php

I didn't see a thread anywhere so I thought I would start one. My roommate was looking to get one but I have no idea about the quality of them. It's priced right ($330 RTR) and comes with a Picco 3-port .21 and the same 16mm Super Big Bores from the Jammin series. I'd say it's safe to say the radio gear will be less than desirable. I believe it is also based on Ofna's 9.5 series. Anyone that owns one or knows someone who does, please chime in.

Last edited by KyLayfield; 09-10-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i jus got this buggy about 2 weeks ago..
so far its been awesome...broke in went smoothly, ran it in using 5% plane fuel which has a very high oil content...had to turn the idle up a little to keep it from stalling..
man it is fast...awesome for a rtr buggy...this engine will be great for racing at ur local club and for bashing...im yet to break anything and iv ran it pretty hard...
and yeah it is based on the 9.5...alot of people will tell u its based on the ultra but it even came with stickers that say 9.5...
great buggy...great engine..great price i love it.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

p.s...u will hav to swap out the steering servo though as its not really up to the task
Old 09-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the info. Yeah I figured the servos would be pretty weak. How's the rear input gear holding up? I read on Ofna's 9.5 forum that people were replacing them almost after the first few tanks because the metal composition was soft and the wore out quickly. Any excess play in yours?
Old 09-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ran a 3 port Picco for a while... really sweet little engine, you can not beat it for the money at all... i am getting around to getting another for small tracks when i want good run time...

Just watch your EPA setting, the carb has plastic ball link and will break easy if you don't pay attention. That's basically where they trimmed the costs is in the outer materials, the insides are typical Picco quality

Voice of experience there....
Old 09-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Good tips, thanks. That's good to know about the engine. I told him he needed to pick up some different servos along with it. As far as durability, any problems? He's going to be ordering at the end of the week. I'll let you guys know how things fair after a shakedown.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

im thinking about getting one to throw around and play with on the track. how are the diffs? i'd probably swap out all the elecs. and cant you just put a different ball for the carb? i'd like to know more about the durability though
Old 10-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dc*90
im thinking about getting one to throw around and play with on the track. how are the diffs? i'd probably swap out all the elecs. and cant you just put a different ball for the carb? i'd like to know more about the durability though

The diffs are excellent. I honestly can not remember the last time I got a call on a Ravager/Violator/Mutilator for any kind of diff related problems. We ofer HD diff gears Part number 49001 if you REALLY want to beat on it, but I see no real need for it. The 9.5 chassis makes a great basher/racer.

Roger
Old 11-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

future buggy. hmmm