Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
2006 Sedan Challenge @the Coliseum Aug. 19th. >

2006 Sedan Challenge @the Coliseum Aug. 19th.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 Sedan Challenge @the Coliseum Aug. 19th.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Slot, go with the ROAR rules and that will answer any one's question about the rules....

How about a suggestion can... A round METAL one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not always the best answer, IMO, especially since ROAR has in the past allowed motors that aren't approved. If you want to attract out of town racers, limiting motors that are allowed at basically every "big" race in the country isn't going to help.

Racer's opinions/suggestions should always be welcome. Look at the current weekly turnouts. Aren't you interested in knowing why so many racers aren't coming back? Obviously you can't please everyone, but at least Paul is giving racer's a way to voice their opinions/suggestions without getting bashed.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BBSpence
Not always the best answer, IMO, especially since ROAR has in the past allowed motors that aren't approved. If you want to attract out of town racers, limiting motors that are allowed at basically every "big" race in the country isn't going to help.

Racer's opinions/suggestions should always be welcome. Look at the current weekly turnouts. Aren't you interested in knowing why so many racers aren't coming back? Obviously you can't please everyone, but at least Paul is giving racer's a way to voice their opinions/suggestions without getting bashed.
Billy, I might be wrong about the suggestion box but how many racers are actully going to take the time to put something in?

ROAR/track/rules/motor/batteries/etc in general; Racers want to know the rules before they show up to run, not after they get there. A list of what is allowed would be the best but who wants to put that one together... ROAR
is the only one I know that puts one out...

What does Cleveland and Snowbirds use for rules?
Old 07-12-2006, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Billy, I might be wrong about the suggestion box but how many racers are actully going to take the time to put something in?
I have no idea, but they won't know unless they try it.

ROAR/track/rules/motor/batteries/etc in general; Racers want to know the rules before they show up to run, not after they get there. A list of what is allowed would be the best but who wants to put that one together... ROAR
is the only one I know that puts one out...

What does Cleveland and Snowbirds use for rules?
I agree, racers should know the rules before they show up. But if you say these are the rules and thats how it's going to be, no exceptions, you will lose entires. Even ROAR makes rule deviations for their own races. A good example is 19t motors. Almost every race in the country is allowing the motors I listed, even though they are not approved. After September 1st, you will see a lot of tracks and big races allowing IB4200/GP4300 batteries, even though they aren't ROAR legal until Jan 2007.

I'm pretty sure Cleveland and Snowbirds use ROAR rules with their own deviations. The race director for Cleveland has already announced that IB4200/GP4300's will be allowed.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Last year we were allowed 3800 before there approval..Are 4200 allowed this year seeing many are going to Vegas and Cleveland and will be buying new batteries for that.. Just a thought...
Old 07-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

I have no idea, but they won't know unless they try it.

I agree, racers should know the rules before they show up. But if you say these are the rules and thats how it's going to be, no exceptions, you will lose entires. Even ROAR makes rule deviations for their own races. A good example is 19t motors. Almost every race in the country is allowing the motors I listed, even though they are not approved. After September 1st, you will see a lot of tracks and big races allowing IB4200/GP4300 batteries, even though they aren't ROAR legal until Jan 2007.

I'm pretty sure Cleveland and Snowbirds use ROAR rules with their own deviations. The race director for Cleveland has already announced that IB4200/GP4300's will be allowed.
That was my "point" about what is legal for a race, use ROAR for a rules starting point and then add/remove/modify to meet the rules the track/s want to run.

Losing racers, no matter what you do some racers will not like something in the rules and not show, can't please everyone.... I think if the rules change/exceptions made at the last minute and the racers don't knowit until they show it will be ugly... I don't know what would be the best solution.....
Old 07-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Slot, go with the ROAR rules and that will answer any one's question about the rules....
Then maybe I misread this?
Old 07-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Then maybe I misread this?
No, it was an answer to a question about what/where the ROAR rules. The quick and dirty answer was use the ROAR rules and enforce them.
Then the string went down the "ROAR rules and exceptions" rathole....

Ther is no simple solution, is there???
Old 07-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

No, it was an answer to a question about what/where the ROAR rules. The quick and dirty answer was use the ROAR rules and enforce them.
Then the string went down the "ROAR rules and exceptions" rathole....

Ther is no simple solution, is there???
Maybe I missed them, but the only questions I saw were about what 19t motors are allowed for this race. The simple answer is to do what the majority of big races in the country do, and allow these other 19t motors. Even ROAR sanctioned races have allowed them. You won't find this information in the rules.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John Tag
Last year we were allowed 3800 before there approval..Are 4200 allowed this year seeing many are going to Vegas and Cleveland and will be buying new batteries for that.. Just a thought...
I agree with TagEmoto. Everones going to be stocking up on 4200s now.. We should be able to run 4200s at the GCR....
Old 07-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sorry guys......4200`s will not be permitted at this race.3800`s will be the max.
I understand that the 3800`s are being phased out , and I understand you wanting to buy new 4200`s. Think of the guys that just got new cells, and if I say 4200`s are OK then those who bought the 3800`s will be bent...........Try to put yourself in someone else's shoes.
Paul................................

Last edited by Slotmachine; 07-12-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Champion

Maybe I missed them, but the only questions I saw were about what 19t motors are allowed for this race. The simple answer is to do what the majority of big races in the country do, and allow these other 19t motors. Even ROAR sanctioned races have allowed them. You won't find this information in the rules.
Actually there was some questions in another thread and at the track so it's not that you missed them you didn't know about them...

I need to get some new batteries, my 3300's are over 2 years old and losing their punch . I want to get some packs ( I pay for my hobby myself ) that I can use at most races and not have a bunch of them that I can use only at this track and the other ones at another track... I figure ROAR "legal" batteries would be the safe choice... ...
Old 07-13-2006, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The only problem with that, is someone wants to buy new batteries to be competitive with everyone else. 4200's are not legit yet but will be soon. So someone that needs to buy batteries now HAS to get 3800's so they can race now and then buy 4200's at the later date. OR just go ahead and buy the 4200's now and not race at this race.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastasu2
The only problem with that, is someone wants to buy new batteries to be competitive with everyone else. 4200's are not legit yet but will be soon. So someone that needs to buy batteries now HAS to get 3800's so they can race now and then buy 4200's at the later date. OR just go ahead and buy the 4200's now and not race at this race.
That is the double edged sword that the Racers and Track owners are facing EVERY YEAR! ROAR has tried to do the right thing with limiting the cells to a once a year approval. Well I ( and this is only MY opinion)think that it has caused more of a problem. Why, Take the 3800/4200 issuse now. WE ALL KNOW that 4200's WILL be legal come Jan. so WE as racers needing/wanting the newest/best possibly stuff we can buy will start to "stock up" on the 4200's BEFORE JAN, right.

Well here is a race in Aug. 4 months before the cells willbe legal and actually 1 month before they can be submitted, that may/may not take a hit on entries because of it.

For any racer that may not be sure what to do. Just buy 2 NEW 3800's for this race and sell them when you get home on Mon. You would be surpised that you may not lose any money on the sell. Then buy the 4200s after that.

If you are only running one class, then 2 BRAND new packs would be all you would need. Practice wouldn't be a concern of what you ran, RIGHT? So practice on your 36-4200s and use the 2 new packs to race with. one pack qual 1 and 3 and the second pack qual 2 and main. End of discussion....

Maybe ROAR needs to limit cells to a 2-3 year approval! Or the racers just need to accept that every year around this time they are going to be facing a deal like this. So they need to plan accordingly!!!!

But whether its 4200's or 3800's this race will be great just like last year!

I like that the track owner is wanting to hear from the RACERS! Good or bad that is the only way ANYTHING will ever get addressed!

I say the suggestion box is a good idea!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
That is the double edged sword that the Racers and Track owners are facing EVERY YEAR! ROAR has tried to do the right thing with limiting the cells to a once a year approval. Well I ( and this is only MY opinion)think that it has caused more of a problem. Why, Take the 3800/4200 issuse now. WE ALL KNOW that 4200's WILL be legal come Jan. so WE as racers needing/wanting the newest/best possibly stuff we can buy will start to "stock up" on the 4200's BEFORE JAN, right.

Well here is a race in Aug. 4 months before the cells willbe legal and actually 1 month before they can be submitted, that may/may not take a hit on entries because of it.

For any racer that may not be sure what to do. Just buy 2 NEW 3800's for this race and sell them when you get home on Mon. You would be surpised that you may not lose any money on the sell. Then buy the 4200s after that.

If you are only running one class, then 2 BRAND new packs would be all you would need. Practice wouldn't be a concern of what you ran, RIGHT? So practice on your 36-4200s and use the 2 new packs to race with. one pack qual 1 and 3 and the second pack qual 2 and main. End of discussion....

Maybe ROAR needs to limit cells to a 2-3 year approval! Or the racers just need to accept that every year around this time they are going to be facing a deal like this. So they need to plan accordingly!!!!

But whether its 4200's or 3800's this race will be great just like last year!

I like that the track owner is wanting to hear from the RACERS! Good or bad that is the only way ANYTHING will ever get addressed!

I say the suggestion box is a good idea!

I agree with all of this but the flyer went out saying that 3800 are the max. I think that Pauls hands are tied with that, and also its not like we are allowed low mod motors so 38's are more than enuff. Hell 33's are more than enuff your just adding weight by using the 42's

IMO
Joe
Old 07-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The reason I asked about 4200's is because they didn't have a battery listed for 12th scale. And I have some 4200's coming in for my 12th scale. I will get a couple of 3800 packs for this race. I have plenty of 3800's for the sedan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.