Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Losi 8ight Best clutch set up ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

my buddy has has about two gallons on them then had to replaced them... i just tried the dynimate max life clutch shoes two gold and two green very good on the engagement...
Old 06-13-2007, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Losi is coming out with their own long life clutches very soon.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ran the Werks truggy clutch with the gold spring and carbon shoes on my 8 buggy today. The track conditions varied from quite good traction to quite dusty and slick. The clutch worked great. I simply loosened the nut a bit as the day went on and the track got slicker.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm running the Werks clutch on a standard V-Spec in my 8B. The biggest trick was to get the flywheel spacing right for the Werks flywheel. Buy either a 6mm collet and space it .2mm (as long as your collet doesn't sink too far into the flywheel) or buy a 7mm collet and machine it down to 6.2mm. You can use the stock Losi clutch bell, and you want to use the stock Losi crank screw, washer and shims if possible since there isn't much room between the end of the crank and the fuel tank.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Greetings from Venezuela, I have an 8ight T 2.0 and I want to put a 3 shoes clutch, and buy the king headz engine mount to move the engine forward 2mm but I'm not sure what clucth bell used to have this configuration, the Team Losi or standard clucth bell, Someone who has this configuration could help me please.

thanks.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by KForce
the stock clutch with the 7075 kingheadz is the way to go.

IF you do want to run a 3 shoe then you have to shim the flywheel forward a bunch. or if you buy the kingheadz motor mount it has 2 positions on it, one for stock setup and another one moved forward 2mm for a 3 shoe setup without having to shim the crap outta it.

kyle
hey kyle which CB use con 3 shoes setup in the hkz engine mount, standard cb or the losi cb????
Old 02-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SkarTisu
I'm running the Werks clutch on a standard V-Spec in my 8B. The biggest trick was to get the flywheel spacing right for the Werks flywheel. Buy either a 6mm collet and space it .2mm (as long as your collet doesn't sink too far into the flywheel) or buy a 7mm collet and machine it down to 6.2mm. You can use the stock Losi clutch bell, and you want to use the stock Losi crank screw, washer and shims if possible since there isn't much room between the end of the crank and the fuel tank.

HOLY Skar used to run Losi.....
Old 05-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
HOLY Skar used to run Losi.....
Back then everyone in MN ran Losi.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Black springs on black composite shoes, Green springs on blue aluminum shoes. This set-up is dialed and the clutch lasts forever on my buggy.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

I run the standard Losi Clutch, with dyn max life shoes, gold and silver springs and Avid $1 bearings. The only problems I had with my clutch is from USER error. Other than that, it has been good.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Dynamite Max-Life shoes with 2 gold springs and 2 greens.