Search
Like Tree1Likes

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
So far I'd say Tekin's doing pretty well....
that's great news, randy. keep up the good work.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Got it thanks...
Old 01-31-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi

I own a MMPro and i like it very much, but iīve got a problem with it and that is the size because iīm running TC and itīs really big when we compare it with other ESC from other brands.
I would like to see MMpro to become the same size as others īcause then i could balance my car better, now itīs to big to manage that issue.
So PdelCast thereīs any possibility to give us a smaller esc?

thanks
Joao
Old 01-31-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys, I hope spmeone from the snowbirds race that ran the MMP in 17.5 touring car can post a setup or anyone else have a starting setup. What about adjusting the throttle profile....what should the curve look like for rubber tire 17.5 tc racing? Track size would be 100'x48'
Thanks..........Dwayne Flodell
Old 01-31-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

it's actually the same size as a speed passion. everyone else omits the depth of the solder posts sticking out in their width (footprint) dimensions. if the mmp were to leave the edge with all the connections outside of the case, it would spec a reasonably sized footprint. add to that the fact that the caps are all included, and it's really pretty decent. take off the cheap plastic fan and it will look/fit a lot better...
Old 01-31-2010, 07:54 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
it's actually the same size as a speed passion. everyone else omits the depth of the solder posts sticking out in their width (footprint) dimensions. if the mmp were to leave the edge with all the connections outside of the case, it would spec a reasonably sized footprint. add to that the fact that the caps are all included, and it's really pretty decent. take off the cheap plastic fan and it will look/fit a lot better...
Old 01-31-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For anyone running 17.5 what are your settings?

I did a lot of testing this weekend with a SP v3 17.5, I could not get it to run as fast as my Tekin. I tried gearing from 4.1 to 5.7 and timing from 35 to 50deg, nothing seem to make it rip down the straight. My sons car with a Tekin and same motor is 3 tenths faster and noticeable faster on the straight.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Here's my current setup on my 17.5 Novak Ballistic:

ESC Profile: Cheat Mode
ESC Timing: 50 Degrees Crank that baby up
ESC RPM: 4500-6500 RPM
Punch Control: High
Motor Timing: 40 Degrees
FDR: 4.41
Motor: Novak Balistic
Chassis: Schumacher Mi3 with Exotek Chassis

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
For anyone running 17.5 what are your settings?

I did a lot of testing this weekend with a SP v3 17.5, I could not get it to run as fast as my Tekin. I tried gearing from 4.1 to 5.7 and timing from 35 to 50deg, nothing seem to make it rip down the straight. My sons car with a Tekin and same motor is 3 tenths faster and noticeable faster on the straight.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

I have been running the MMP for a few months now and it's worked fantastic, i'm really happy with it.

But today my sensored BL motor arrived and i can't get it to operate with the MMP.

I've changed the settings in the software and tried it in both "sensored only" and "Smart sense" modes, but rather than rotate the motor just vibrates violently.

I am running V1.24 if that makes any difference.

Is it something i've done wrong, a bad motor?

I've also tried swapping around the 3 motor wires and i've checked the motor sensor connections and cable, all look good but still the same.

Cheers
Mark
Old 02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gixer
Hi Guys,

I have been running the MMP for a few months now and it's worked fantastic, i'm really happy with it.

But today my sensored BL motor arrived and i can't get it to operate with the MMP.

I've changed the settings in the software and tried it in both "sensored only" and "Smart sense" modes, but rather than rotate the motor just vibrates violently.

I am running V1.24 if that makes any difference.

Is it something i've done wrong, a bad motor?

I've also tried swapping around the 3 motor wires and i've checked the motor sensor connections and cable, all look good but still the same.

Cheers
Mark
You cant just swap sensored motor wires around. They must go A to A, B to B, and C to C. Make sure they are wired up like that and see if that makes a difference.

Mike
Old 02-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Amazing how well it works when it's wired up correctly

I did read through the manual before connecting it, but it had no section on sensored motors, it only said that BL motors are not polarity conscious so it doesn't matter which way round the wires go.

Might be worth adding a section on sensored motors, just for noob dumd asses like meself

Thanks Mike, works a treat now

Cheers
Mark
Old 02-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Jochim, how can you run that much timing without something going wrong? 30 on the motor and 40 on the esc? Just going to be using the MMP tuesday for the first time and do not want to blow anything up or run into issues. I am going to try it with Orca fixed timing 17.5, Speedpassion V3 17.5 and LRP X12 17.5. I will let you know what I figure out.
Thanks........Dwayne Flodell
Old 02-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gixer

Amazing how well it works when it's wired up correctly

I did read through the manual before connecting it, but it had no section on sensored motors, it only said that BL motors are not polarity conscious so it doesn't matter which way round the wires go.

Might be worth adding a section on sensored motors, just for noob dumd asses like meself

Thanks Mike, works a treat now

Cheers
Mark
Hmmm.....there should be either an insert about sensored motor wiring or something in there. I know we did up instructions on it. I will check tomorrow and make sure its being put in. Sorry if there was nothing with yours. Glad it works now.

Mike
Old 02-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Tech Addict

Two more questions:

1)Cheat mode could be used with mod.motors?

2)How performs a sensorless motor on cheat mode?
Old 02-02-2010, 01:35 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Born2Run
Two more questions:

1)Cheat mode could be used with mod.motors?

2)How performs a sensorless motor on cheat mode?
You can run mod motors in cheat mode. Sensorless motors won't work in cheat mode because it is for sensored motors only.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.