Community
Wiki Posts
Search

losi truggy 2.0 half tank lean issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

As others have said the Clunk MUST sit in the "sump" or "the low spot in the tank" OR you Can and Will run out of fuel before the tank is empty.

Ive experienced a lot of 1/2 tank lean and inconsistent fuel pressure on various brands of cars with the worst being the Ofna's.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdude236
typical losi. Shoulda got a hot bodies. I had a problem like that once, it ended up being my clunk, check it!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL:lo l:

That's the funniest thing I have heard in a long time on here.

HB is like the worst when it comes to fuel tanks. Well, actually AE has earned that right, but HB is a close second. You do realize that like everyone running the HB car uses losi fuel line and a losi clunk in their tank right?

Sorry, I just found that statement very comical.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

ya it is! but i fixed it pretty fast. I put some better fuel tubing in and its gone. I was just giving yall a hard time, I used to love losi too so i cant bash you too hard.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
. You do realize that like everyone running the HB car uses losi fuel line and a losi clunk in their tank right?
:
why would you use a losi clunk? or losi line? I use venom line through the tank like a losi but do not use a losi clunk...?...odd statement...
Old 07-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by blktransam
why would you use a losi clunk? or losi line? I use venom line through the tank like a losi but do not use a losi clunk...?...odd statement...
Because the HB clunk tears the fuel line at the barb. Everyone I have talked to that runs for HB said they use losi line.

I just think it's funny that the HB has a documented fuel tank issue, and HB guys are still trying to knock losi. I guess since the HB only costs $10 for the kit they're aloud to have fuel tank issues. That's the excuse that we get for everything else wrong with the HB cars.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

maybe it is tearing from the losi line? like I said I use the venom line and stock HD clunk with zero issues...I am not knocking Losi at all so dont take it that I am ...but it must suck when u do get beat by a "10.00" truggy
Old 07-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Jammin theres an easy fix to that! www.tytessman.com Its under his tips
Old 07-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

maybe it is tearing from the losi line? like I said I use the venom line and stock HD clunk with zero issues...I am not knocking Losi at all so dont take it that I am ...but it must suck when u do get beat by a "10.00" truggy
There goes the "It's cheap" argument again. The HB clunk tears through the stock HB line in less than 5 minutes. Both pieces are garbage. The HB line is too hard and the HB clunk barb is too sharp. The combination of the both creates a tank that doesn't even function. Trust me, I've been through it with a buddy of mine trying to get his HB tank to function.

You think I'm lying just check the link below. It is kind of hard to dispute the issue when the top HB factory driver has a documented mod for it.

http://www.tytessman.com/tips/no_mor...k_failure.html
Old 07-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

There goes the "It's cheap" argument again. The HB clunk tears through the stock HB line in less than 5 minutes. Both pieces are garbage. The HB line is too hard and the HB clunk barb is too sharp. The combination of the both creates a tank that doesn't even function. Trust me, I've been through it with a buddy of mine trying to get his HB tank to function.

You think I'm lying just check the link below. It is kind of hard to dispute the issue when the top HB factory driver has a documented mod for it.

http://www.tytessman.com/tips/no_mor...k_failure.html
WAit wait wait. You are right for the most part. i ran my car until like 2 weeks ago w/o clunk failure. I think hb is starting to do a little better on them. But yes. When you get the car, sand it down and throw some decent line down there.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

I know Ty had a write up on it...and yes I already stated I run "venom" line...but to say that it is a 10.00 kit is just ignorant. we all have opnions on what we like and dont like which is why I love america. god bless and keep burning nitro!!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcdude236
WAit wait wait. You are right for the most part. i ran my car until like 2 weeks ago w/o clunk failure. I think hb is starting to do a little better on them. But yes. When you get the car, sand it down and throw some decent line down there.
All I know is my buddy had like four BRAND NEW HB tanks fail on him in like two weekends before we figured out why it was failing. If the clunk managed to even stay on the line, it would cause all kinds of pressure issues because of the split in the line. When the clunk didn't fall completely off the line, it appeared everything was fine. He ran 4 different engines trying to figure out the problem. Not one of the four would stay running after it heated up. Completely lost fuel pressure because of the split in the line.

Anyway, back to the losi fuel tank that actually works...
Old 07-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

I know Ty had a write up on it...and yes I already stated I run "venom" line...but to say that it is a 10.00 kit is just ignorant. we all have opnions on what we like and dont like which is why I love america. god bless and keep burning nitro!!
I have no problem with the HB cars. The problem I have is with the attitude of the HB guys. They love to use the cost of the car as an excuse for problems, and at the same time love to make comments about their cheap cars beating more expensive cars. I know the HB's don't cost $10. I was just using that exaggeration as an expression of the HB crew's attitude.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

I have no problem with the HB cars. The problem I have is with the attitude of the HB guys. They love to use the cost of the car as an excuse for problems, and at the same time love to make comments about their cheap cars beating more expensive cars. I know the HB's don't cost $10. I was just using that exaggeration as an expression of the HB crew's attitude.
Thats in general. My favorite car on the market is the kyosho but i cant bring myself to buy it haha. Losi associated are all good cars but i liked the way my hb drives over them. Its all personal preference. Imo kyosho is the best and all the cars the make are awsome from the 1/10th, 1/8th etc
Old 07-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

honestly I have not had any "issues" with mine and been running them for almost a year. I have ran them all losi/ae/mugen and to me the HB drives just as good as any of them for "less money" so you are correct. like I said we all have a diff. favorite crayon in the box but that doesnt mean we can not all color...
Old 07-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sorry but not one single company has managed to avoid making crap cars. I like my Losi cars, but will never buy a mini from them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.